Official 2011-2012 NHL thread

covecove 1,566 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
Awwww yeah!
Pretty happy it's back.

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Yep...after a shaky start we got it together but injuries keep on coming
    Jets look solid for a startup...there will be a lot of bullshit leafs talk again and then the inevitable downfall

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    MAAAAASSIVE

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Kessel is killing it, I am pained to say.

My boys are looking a little hungover from the Cup win, but I'm confident they'll get it together in time for another deep playoff run ... Thomas hasn't missed a step, and he is the most important piece of the puzzle.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Pens superstars still hurt. James Neal filling the void!

I heart NHL Center Ice!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Habs getting screwed by injuries (again) and mediocre (at best!) play.
    Not too worried.

Kessel can eat one. Leafs still got robbed by that trade, even if Burke won't admit it.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Still hurtin!!!

Please to find a new coach. I've had it. Players seem to have given up.
    FLA in MTL tonight. Dirt-streak could reach news lows tonight! Budaj is starting and I feel awful for Price.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    speak on it, SOI !!!

cove said:
    speak on it, SOI !!!

Crosby will play Monday Night

:happyday:

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    SOI, i thought maybe you'd say something ABOUT it

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Nice to see Crosby returning, finally.

Habs are gonna break the Bruins streak tonight! :lalala:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    CROSBY BACK! CROSBY BACK!

• Wow last night Crosby's comeback was like a hollywood script. I just don't see any team beating a healthy Penguins team in a 7 game series. After the last couple of years though, I don't think healthy will ever really happen for an extended period of time.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    cove said:
    SOI, i thought maybe you'd say something ABOUT it

Looch is his boy, he aint talking!

i think he meant to hit him, it's disingenuous to claim a prof hockey player can't stop or turn on a dime, as Lucic did to the press after the game... whether it meets the below crieria, i'm not sure...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/news/1999/09/08/crease_rule/

Note 3: A goalkeeper is not "fair game" just because he is outside the goal crease. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an attacking player makes unnecessary contact with the goalkeeper. However, incidental contact will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such unnecessary contact.

i think Lucic was just pissed he blew a breakaway...

Tonight should be interesting. Revenge-mad Sabres, will they be more concerned with payback on Lucic or keeping the Bruins from winning their 10th straight?

By the way, last-to-first in 9 games what what?

SoulOnIce said:
    Tonight should be interesting. Revenge-mad Sabres, will they be more concerned with payback on Lucic or keeping the Bruins from winning their 10th straight?

holy schitt November hockey doesn't get any more exciting than that!! A game to remember and the Bruins make it 10 straight.

3/4 season pole BUMP.

personally an up-and-down season for the defending Champs if there ever was one. worst first month of the season in team history, followed by a historic undefeated run for almost 2 months, followed by a tepid stretch that included being shutout FIVE times in the month of February. clinging on to 1st in the division, the playoffs can't get here fast enough for me!

I have to assume one reason this thread has been even more crickets than usual is the tough season for the Habs, since it is Montreal fans that usually poast the moast in here ... but hopefully we can get some hockey talk going here as playoff time approaches ...

6-hour-later edit: ha! I should have known even the "strut rebirth" could not kick start this thread. the life of an NHL fan can be a lonely one.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Haha, i felt a lot of crickets in here, so i figured no one was feeling it.
    And i assumed you didnt wanna jinx the crazy run the Bruins were on.

Habs are dirty as all hell. I'm so over that this season, luckily! Someone needs to off Gomez, Campoli and Kaberle. Massive disgraces.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Any Flyers fans on this board?

b/w

How lame was this year's trade deadline!?

Kindly,
    parallax

yeah, kInd of a waste of time following deadline day this season, though I think the Bs quietly brought in a solid addition to their ailing D corp with Zanon - he looks exactly like a player who will thrive under Claude Julien. I was also cool with us bringing back Brian Rolston for a vet presence but was NOT happy to see him playing on our top line last night!

I have a close friend at work from Philly who is a hardcore Flyers fan, so I usually keep up on them. Wondering if the Bruins are on a collision course for a 3rd straight matchup with them in the postseason this year ...

I've been watching my pens religiously. It hurts me that Letang is out. He is the heart and soul of that team. They went on a 6 game slide without him. Fucking concussions.

That said. Crosby is toast. No way he's coming back for the playoffs. It's effectively Malkin's team now.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Crosby is toast. No way he's coming back for the playoffs. It's effectively Malkin's team now.

And he's being doing a hell of a job.

I just hope my Flames get their shit together enough to at least make the 1st round interesting.

RAJ said:
    I've been watching my pens religiously. It hurts me that Letang is out. He is the heart and soul of that team. They went on a 6 game slide without him. .

There has been some seriously heated debate over that hit, I have to admit it is hard to call whether it was "dirty" or not ... and I know that ultimately it doesn't matter to Pens fans, they just want their player back.

Malkin is a beast. He can probably win a playoff series by himself.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    IMO, Malkin will be an MVP candidate. The loss of Letang is crushing, but not fatal to the Pens.

The B's made some great depth adds. I think NYR is their only real threat in the east.

The west is crazy right now: Vancouver, Detroit, St. Louis, Nashville...any of those teams are legit finalists. That said, all kinds of crazy shit can happen in the playoffs.

Kindly,
    parallax

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Rando Thoughts

-The Pens are hottt. Those 2 losses don't mean a thing.

-That Bruins sitcom commercial is good!

-Datsyuk is still the best. Yeah, i don't care how many points Malkin has. (yup he's very good, too)

-The Sabres are becoming the team i thought they'd be. Watch em beat the Rangers if they match up.
    SOI, i'd be worried about them, too.

-Habs are filthy, and that's not a problem. I've come to terms. But we gotta keep losing. The even filthier Leafs are catching up!

-i wish i could play hockey every day

- i'm excited for the playoffs!

• Pens really blew it last night. Ilses give us trouble a lot of times. Looks like it is going to be Philly / Pittsburgh in the first round.

yeah, NOBODY wants the Sabres in that first round. they went from last in the East to in the playoff in 2 1/2 months. they are kiiiilllliiiinnnng it.

• Not enough time to go into the analysis but her are my predictions:

East

First Round

#1 NYR
    #8 Ottawa

NYR in 5.

#2 Boston
    #7 Washington

Washington in 6.

#3 Florida
    #6 Devils

Devils in 7.

#4 Pittsburgh
    #5 Philly

Pittsburgh in 6.

Second Round

#4 Pittsburgh
    #6 New Jersey

Pittsburgh in 5.

#1 NYR
    #7 Washington

NYR in 7.

Conference Championship

#1 NYR vs. #4 Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh in 5.

West.

First Round

#1 Van vs. #8 LAK

Van in 7.

#2 St. Louis vs. #7 SJS

St. Louis in 5.

#3 Phoenix vs. #6 Chicago

Chicago in 6

#4 Nashville vs. #5 Detroit

Nashville in 7.

Second Round

#1 Van vs. #6 Chicago

Chicago in 6.

#2 St. Louis vs #4 Nashville

St. Louis in 5.

Conference Championship

#2 St. Louis vs. #6 Chicago

St. Louis in 5.

Cup Championship

Pittsburgh vs. St. Louis (old 70s rivalry)

Pittsburgh in 6.

Conn Smythe = Sidney Crosby

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'm ready for some play offs! Let's go Flyers!
    Attached files