Official 2011-2012 NHL thread

2»

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I got tix for Game 4 of the Keystone State rivalry.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Only one prediction for now:

New Jersey will sweep.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    so much overtime

Penguins = Face Palm

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Fleury looked messssy tonight. Tough spot.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Lotsa violent action out there!

During the first period of Game4, i turned to my two buddies and said "Pens in 7".

Goalie thoughts :
    Fleury got a bit of confidence back. Dude has to stop overcommiting, though. Rely on your instincts and relfexes, guy!

Flyers goaltending is brutal. Bryz is just awful. Where is his bite? Bob didnt look much better. Guess Bryz will start again.

Rinne is a monster. Polar opposite of my boy Price in terms of energy used. He's always moving; helps keep him in the zone. Love it.
    He won the series on his own. He was in the Wings' heads, clearly.

Howard : not enough

Thomas' new Warrior pads are working for him. Probably helping him focus on tuning his game.

Holtby is lovely. Kid is a keeper (oof pun).

Lundqvist annoys me. Whatever.

Anderson. Don't care to comment. I've never liked the Sens more, but their jerseys remain painful to me.

Elliot is on fire, quite simply. G'night Halak.

Niemi is a weirdo. Usually looking pretty awkward.

Schneider is so much better than Luongo, which i've been saying since he came into the league. Loo's time is up.

Quick is very physically talented and very weird. So low and explosive. Very cat-like.
    Nashville- LA could be an absolute snoozefest.

Smith is playing very well. Bet Tampa wishes they didnt give him up for nothing.

Crawford is giving up some awful, awful goals. Total disgrace. Ugh.

HOCKEY!!!

This Pens / Flyers series has been absolutely wild. It is not good for my blood pressue at all. Obviously I am a Penguins fan living in the Philly area and the ribbing from Flyers fans has been absolutely brutal. A clever co-worker even put a broom in my office when they went up 3 -0 . Kiss of death? There's panic here in Philly starting with tha 10-3 thrashing. The pressure is on a youthful Flyers team to deliver as the Pens have already been counted out. I may need to down a bottle of Valium for Game 6.

:whymusticry:

• RAJ said:
    This Pens / Flyers series has been absolutely wild. It is not good for my blood pressue at all. Obviously I am a Penguins fan living in the Philly area and the ribbing from Flyers fans has been absolutely brutal. A clever co-worker even put a broom in my office when they went up 3 -0 . Kiss of death? There's panic here in Philly starting with tha 10-3 thrashing. The pressure is on a youthful Flyers team to deliver as the Pens have already been counted out. I may need to down a bottle of Valium for Game 6.

Well they are the worst fans of sport. When they win they are obnoxious. When they lose they are ever so gracious. No championships since 1975.

SoulOnIce said:
    :whymusticry:

Wacky year which could lead to Bettman's worst nightmare for a cup.

Panthers vs. Preds

Sens vs. Coyotes

Caps vs. Kings

Lord help us.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    Flyers go through. Must admit I was nervous before the game today, thankfully my worst fears didn't become reality.

Risingson said:
    Flyers go through. Must admit I was nervous before the game today, thankfully my worst fears didn't become reality.

They kicked our ass all over the rink. Kudos.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Yea Flyers! Never doubted it! (yea right)

• So disappointed. Only one cup with Crosby and Malkin signed is underachieving. Bylsma must go. He was never able to tactically match the flyers.

Wow forgot how losing a game 7 in OT feels.
    Kinda like getting kicked in the stomach or waking up from a nice dream to the sad reality of your life. blah.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Plus, wasn't Bruins nation, or a handful of people, gettin' all racial afterward?

• im praying for a phoenix-florida final. just because.

Oh why must we endure another round of John Tortorella?

white_tea said:
    Plus, wasn't Bruins nation, or a handful of people, gettin' all racial afterward?

Ugh. Worst "news" ever. Yes some racist fucks posted some disgraceful tweets after Ward scored the OT goal. News stories trying to treat this as a reflection of the average Bruins or hockey fan are pathetic. There are racist assholes everywhere and all over twitter - I'd love to stomp on the face of every one of them but having people say to me all day "damn Bruins fans are fucking racist huh?" while I'm already burned out from the tough end to the season just hours ago is making me insane.

• white_tea said:

Reading some of those comments sickened me. But what did it for me was that out of the woodwork there were others who came out in defense of those people making those comments.

And on top of all that, some of the fans of my Caps decided to go to Tim Thomas saying that it was sweet justice for him to get scored on by a Black man after refusing to go to the White House.

But all in all, a classic series.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    im praying for a phoenix-florida final. just because.

Shooting for the lowest TV ratings since Carolina-Edmonton back in '06!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Holtby was badass, badass, badass.

hockey gif of the year

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Flyers

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    to my 4 other hockey fans: