waxidermy claims this board is "dead" "over" etc

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Also, The days of freely exploitable commentary need to end! The two sites should start bidding for the services of high-value posters. Let's face it, some people are just darn good at the internet, and they should be justly compensated for their talents.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Wait. So are non-music threads out completely? Cuz there's a Kulap Vilaysack Appreciation Thread just waiting to be started.

Am I the only one who thought that said "who sharted?" :gulp:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    button said:
    Also, The days of freely exploitable commentary need to end! The two sites should start bidding for the services of high-value posters. Let's face it, some people are just darn good at the internet, and they should be justly compensated for their talents.

You can be my agent.

Have them bid against each other to make me post on the other site.

I think that's our best economic opportunity.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    day said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    Wait. So are non-music threads out completely? Cuz there's a Kulap Vilaysack Appreciation Thread just waiting to be started.

Am I the only one who thought that said "who sharted?" :gulp:

If we're gonna have a real Strut Renaissance, we need another thread for poop stories/memorable farts.

• iconicon 86 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:

Fake finds?

• kala said:

i like how some lil dude is upset and whining about by guys using the term "son" on this board
    GTFOOHWTBS SON

For the record, that poster is by no means a little dude and most on here would faint to look at his collection, he runs a label, blah blah blah

• It seems to me that both of these threads are fueled by massive misconceptions.

If it was me and I had a family, I wouldn't want to lose money behind running a website.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    icon said:
    TheKindCromang said:

Fake finds?

lmho
    Perhaps Yacht Rock?

• Have we learned nothing from history

Where will it all end Faux and Raj gunned down in the street? People please stop and think

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its not that serious.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Classic case of white flight. Soul strut feels like the ghetto mall now.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

But I brought $700!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

I feel bad that you over paid for all those eBay Raers in 2007.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    ost said:
    What we need are new members & involvement up in here. Maybe Michael Brix Bambrick can provide a recruiting video:

Forgot about Mr. Bambrick.

• i'm wearing my soulstrut t-shirt today.

• bassie said:
    icon said:
    TheKindCromang said:

Fake finds?

lmho
    Perhaps Yacht Rock?

Redefines going ham:

• 4YearGraduate said:
    Redefines going ham:

Ha!

Blows :pasue: those Shake Weight ads out the water

• RAJ said:
    10,000 hits. Not bad.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    RAJ said:
    10,000 hits. Not bad.

Ain't no stoppin us now

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Sorry to be late here but I wanted to second a few points made by others, especially JP, who I thought spoke to a lot of the reasons I opted to post here less. For me - and obviously, this isn't universal - the politics threads were just a major downer. Cycles of echo chamber vs. trolls and it was dispiriting to see so much negativity being dredged up in the process. I used to be against the idea of a separate "non-RR" thread but over time, I think it made so much more sense. I still think it's a worthwhile idea, if just as an experiment.

As for moderation...I don't mean to put this on Raj but I do think he's generally taken a more relaxed approach and since it's his site, I've tried to follow his lead and not lean too heavily as a moderator but personally, I agree that the site needs/needed a heavier hand here, esp. as shit started to get out of hand. But of course, that could go the other way too: too much moderation and it's possible people flee the board as well. It's a tough balance. The new site redesign also meant that the only person with ban/suspension privileges was Raj and I think that removed a valuable tool from other moderators to keep the peace but given that it's the nuclear option, I can understand why it may make sense for Raj to be the only dude with keys to it.

But all this said...I think Yuichi nailed part of the problem here...the core strut community got older and there wasn't enough new blood coming in to replace the OGs who were leaving for real world moves or whatever. No community is going to survive in the wake of negative population growth.

From a cost point of view, I add my voice to those suggesting we strip down this site to make it affordable for Raj to run but without the bells and whistles if those are too $ to maintain. It's always been about the dialogues here anyway.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    the politics threads were just a major downer. Cycles of echo chamber vs. trolls and it was dispiriting to see so much negativity being dredged up in the process.

Is it just me, or is there a lot less rancor now that a certain troll has been shown the door?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    mannybolone said:
    the politics threads were just a major downer. Cycles of echo chamber vs. trolls and it was dispiriting to see so much negativity being dredged up in the process.

Is it just me, or is there a lot less rancor now that a certain troll has been shown the door?

I felt that way before Frankie rolled through; he just took things to a new level but didn't create it. It may be more chill since he's gone but I think the damage was done.