TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    From the highlights I saw on MOTD2, Oxo-cube never made an appearance. Goal of the game was from Van Percy - collected a loose ball on the edge of the area, surrounded by about 3 Spuds, and turned away from them one way and then another, made just enough space to curl a peach past Friedel.

Think you could catch the MOTD2 coverage on footytube.com

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    fatnasty says 10 mins, 1 pt.

Asshlole Cockatoo nil points.

'Tis a cruel game.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The Ox came on for the last 10 mins and didn't do much. The game was well and truly up by that point doe. But he's a bit of a gamble as a fantasy pick anyway.

Van Persie's feet are still twinkling.

totenrobindrr by arsenalist

Highlights can be found here http://arsenalist.com/ if you're interested.

• I was on the verge of buying a ticket last week but a bad feeling about the match made ??50 seem too much to pay to see us get humiliated... what a fool. Even more frustrating was not having Sky to watch it, and practically being in Tottenham at the time.

And while I'm not a huge international rugby fan, it was good to see Wales beat England. I particularly love it when a victory hinges on a contentious decision; it makes fans even more indignant in loss. Schadenfreude for the win!

• so so nice nice i had to post it twice

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

AWESOME

^^I laughed when he kept on cheering^^.

Fear not Liverpool fans, from an Everton blog to bring you back down to earth:

http://members.boardhost.com/everton...330201950.html

Let's get it right...A List of 5 for Brian Reade/Babbacoombe/Barratt/Reg/That CUNT Aldridge

1. Your cup win just means your piss-streaked chamois leather gridded manager will get the chance to spunk more money on average players and you'll still finish lower than 4th. Celebrate that if you will. Cunts.

2. Suarez is a cunt. You lot, however, are far bigger cunts for defending him with your claims to be socio-linguistics experts and Zapruder tape style analysis of the handshake - if you watch it from this angle, you can see Evra's hand go back and to the left. Cunts. By the way, his league goals have cost 1.8 million a pop and you still claim he's better than Rooney, van Persie and Adebayor. Cunts.

3. You have not won a victory against 'the media, the FA and their conspiracies'. Half of the media are composed of your ex-players and lifelong supporters. If it had been Everton in the 'Racist Buck-Toothed Twat' affair we would have been slaughtered, given a points deduction and you would have been given 4th place for emotional trauma. Yet you act as though Suarez is your own buck-toothed Rosa Parks. Cunts.

4. Your genius of a manager, the King of the Golden Streams, has spent a fortune ensuring you won a cup every other one of the 'big four/six/seven/however many is needed to make you part of it' treats with contempt. He's also dropped 16 points at home and your 53 million strikeforce and 50 million midfield has scored THREE more goals than us in the league. Some f??cking genius. Cunts.

5. You will always be wall pushing, non-apologising, own-fan-ticket-robbing, cheating, diving, whingeing, paving slab dropping, 'in bed asleep at the time' claiming, justice for Bulgarian waiters/innocent Italians denying, shite poetry loving, nonsensical bedsheet branding, faeces flinging, pocket-pissing, spousal-abusing, female beating, conspiracy theorising, arl man up the arse-kicking, Shankly-shunning, nurse-pissing, piss-drinking, pre-emptive DJ twatting, ambulance rocking, racism-denying, history revising, urinal smashing, telly-clapping, ex-player on twitter abusing, Youtube eye-swivelling, 4th is the 'new title' claiming, upside down scarf waving, shite on the wall smearing, shame lacking, offence taking, ref baiting & ref influencing hypocritical and , above all, murdering cunts.*

*No. We'll never let you forget.

Duderonomy said:
    pre-emptive DJ twatting

Bravo.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:
    pre-emptive DJ twatting

Bravo.

Our new England captain at his finest. On the plus side at least it was a white on white beating.

I sort of appreciate the Suarez incident and Dalglish's and the squad's appalling handling of the whole affair. For the first time in a long time I truly detest Liverpool again which can only be helpful for the spirit of the league. All I need now is for Arsene to kick a disabled child in the nuts and I will happily welcome back the status quo ante.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Well, that post didn't last long, did it? We don't call 'em bitters for nothing.

Things like the catastrophic mishandling of the Suarez episode have done a fantastic job helping take the shine off what ought to have been an enjoyable victory, despite our largely awful performance. Never in my entire life have I been so "meh" about a cup win. It's been a rotten season to be a Liverpool fan. I can live with the world thinking we're all one-eyed delusional twats - nothing new there - but when we personally hand our enemies an entire bundle of the biggest sticks they've had to beat us with for almost 30 years, it's beyond depressing. I'm beginning to have serious doubts that we'll ever be able to put this behind us.

DocMcCoy said:
    I'm beginning to have serious doubts that we'll ever be able to put this behind us.

As a football fan with a fairly neutral view of Liverpool, my biggest gripe was the weekend that Thierry Henry scored his last Premier League goal (which was a match winner), and instead of being treated to a BBC montage of all his goals set to U2, Match Of The Day spent ten minutes discussing a non-handshake. Yes, the history behind it was depressing and shameful, but it was, at this point, history that should've been dealt with. If Liverpool were perhaps doing better in the league and felt they could afford to sanction Suarez themselves with some missed playing time or something, I expect they would've. But they've had a very healthy outlay this season and still look off the pace, and are presumably under a fair amount of pressure. I also think Kuyt should get more playing time - dude seems like a better ambassador for the club than Gerrard imo.

The Liverpool victim-mentality was already set-in stone before this, so I doubt it'll change the views of those with a strong anti-Liverpool bias in the long run, and for those who don't care, I just want the Premiership to focus on the football. It's been an interesting season, and I stick by my feeling that this year's Man U team would be more deserving winners than last year's.
    If Arsenal finish top-four, it'll probably be Wenger's finest hour.

• (sorry just dropping some brit spam - new record ---> http://soundcloud.com/mrbeatnick/sun-goddess-ripped-off-gp-bbc )

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    (sorry just dropping some brit spam - new record ---> http://soundcloud.com/mrbeatnick/sun-goddess-ripped-off-gp-bbc )

Lush. Like the change up around the 3.20 mark.
    Constructive crit? I'd like a breakdown. Single beat marking the one, then just the chords and stabs vibing until another single beat marking the second bar, etc.
    The sound palette is fusking lush though, great vibe, please spam again when this gets released. Would purchase.

Did I call it 'lush' enough?

• cheers! yeah its a one take, i take your criticism very much on board. 3 more tracks on there so bit of variety, it is robotic shit overall. def will spam again. boomkat have it up for preorder > http://boomkat.com/#vinyl/501899-mr-beatnick-sun-goddess-ep

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    (sorry just dropping some brit spam - new record ---> http://soundcloud.com/mrbeatnick/sun-goddess-ripped-off-gp-bbc )

I'm a massive sucker for the chicago sound so you had me the moment the synths and squidgy bassline kicked in. Would be very interested to hear the rest of the EP. As a teaser, is it similar to this track?

Apart from that, I think Lush is about as good a descriptive term for this as you can get so will just ditto L*o's comment.

Doc, using recent history as a guideline, I'm sure someone will do something even more idiotic in the weeks to come which will make the media coverage of this pale in comparison and everyone can get righteously angry about that instead.
    On a damage limitation front though I'm not really sure there's anything the team itself can do to turn this around at this point until Dalglish leaves (which I'm guessing will be in 12 months tops).

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Re: Suarez, I'm still not entirely clear on what he actually did wrong, as I don't read much sporting press. Wasn't it something along the lines of Evra claiming he said something offensive to him, but Suarez defense was "negra" was not deemed offensive in his native Uruguay.

But the FA went along with the media and hung him out to dry, happy enough to forever label him a racist cause he's a foreigner. (Yet good ol boy John Terry gets caught on film quite clearly calling Lesser Ferdinand a "black cunt" and nothing gets done about it.) So based on some spurious evidence Suarez is charged and gets a ban, which quite possibly ruins his career in the EPL. Now if I was Suarez, and I truly believed myself innocent of racism, I wouldn't want to shake the scumbag Evra's hand.

The whole thing seems to stink if you want my opinion. But how Liverpool have got themselves into quite such a mess over it is perplexing. I've never thought much of Dalglish, but he knew how to play football and had seemed to have turned his team around. Although it does look a little damning that since he took over they're now a PL side with only one black player.

• Nothing gets done about Terry?

He's having a criminal trial(or whatever the correct term for it is)

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    djwaxon said:
    Nothing gets done about Terry?

He's having a criminal trial(or whatever the correct term for it is)

Nothing will come of that.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I've followed Suarez since his Ajax days and I think he is a marvelous player that really gives everything to his squad
    I am black and have lived in LAmerica and i am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt
    I understand the FA trying to set a precedent however (much better then FIFA)
    I wish it would all go away because their are worse racism in football issues to take care of (mainly italy fans, france federation and that cunt Platini)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

batmon said:

I truly commend the filmmakers for their devotion to throwing in as many stereotypes as possible into 5 minutes. It's the kind of wonderful bit of this , bit of that, throw it all together approach I haven't really seen since Three Men & A Little Lady and European Vacation. More of this and less Grant/Firth emotionally retarded gentleman please. Five stars.

Anyway, to cleanse the palate:

batmon said:

That's amazing. It's like they told Vinnie Jones that his real accent just isn't 'Briddish' enough, and they've asked him to ham it up so he sounds like an American thinks a Briddisher should sound: Dick Van Dyke.

Thank you Batmon.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    my dudes....its been a while since i last poasted, but like my mighty ARSENAL i am back in the thick of schitt now....

past two weekends i have been low-keying my weekend partying so i can get up at butt crack of dawn time to watch my team get some PL love. beating spurs was a goddamn beautiful thing. something about that game had me assured we were going in, even when down. And today we played like absolute CRAP and lucked out like none other. As some blog was saying...we have been on the wrong end of "playing so much better but coming up empty" that it was nice to see the other side of the coin.

anyway....have you checked this schitt out?!?!?

Nike done did it again

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i watched TOP BOY (pause) sometime last year and recently watched INSIDE MEN (pause) and liked both. how often do you dudes reuse the same actors through mini series joints though?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    'Sup foolios.

Normal service will be resumed in a week or so.

Change of job/firewall/permanent "Working" from home?

J i m s t e r said:

Shouldn't that by D w u g s since it's Danny? So this is from 2010? So this means there is a Danny Dyer autobiography out there I was unaware of? I need this in my life, if only for any behind the scenes stories about the making of the masterpiece The Business.

skel said:
    'Sup foolios.

Normal service will be resumed in a week or so.

SKEL!

Still waiting for the Guy Ritchie x Danny Dyer Cock-er-neeeee Collabowwww (closely linked to the Jason-Statham-??-Get-Out-of-Bed-Index)

Something about a "Firm" of Miw-waww hardcases getting involved in a Trainspotting-esque wholesale stolen-Whizz deal, underworld kingpin Dave Couw-ten-ee quoting Darth Vader/Empire Strike Back by commissioning local bounty-hunter ex-boxers (Vinnie Jones as Bobba Fett) to recover said Whizz and after a "Faahkin' Wack" (Firm v Jones and dem, in a boozer run by Alan "Bricktop" Ford), deliverance of Dyer in a block of ice that gets floated down the Thames at the end.

Bonus points for spotting Dennis Waterman cameo.

J i m s t e r said:
    Still waiting for the Guy Ritchie x Danny Dyer Cock-er-neeeee Collabowwww (closely linked to the Jason-Statham-??-Get-Out-of-Bed-Index)

Something about a "Firm" of Miw-waww hardcases getting involved in a Trainspotting-esque wholesale stolen-Whizz deal, underworld kingpin Dave Couw-ten-ee quoting Darth Vader/Empire Strike Back by commissioning local bounty-hunter ex-boxers (Vinnie Jones as Bobba Fett) to recover said Whizz and after a "Faahkin' Wack" (Firm v Jones and dem, in a boozer run by Alan "Bricktop" Ford), deliverance of Dyer in a block of ice that gets floated down the Thames at the end.

Bonus points for spotting Dennis Waterman cameo.

If you replace Ritchie with Love and promise me at least one Dyer dream sequence I would be prepared to invest in this production. All deals are off if Dexter Fletcher is even rumoured to be involved in this project though.

B/w

Confirmation of the coming apocalypse?