paypal chargebacks [aka the philly beatdown]

Comments

• I have been victimized too...got this email from Ravi this morning

the reason for this huge mess is because someone has been dipping into both of my accounts and has maxed out my card thati use for paypal. my card company suggested this procedure due to the fact that a lot of non-ebay merchandise was charged and shipped to another address and now this person cannot be traced. i am working with my company and paypal to fix this issue.

if this issue is not resolved it hurts my credit so i can assure you that i am doing all i can to rectify this situation.

put me in the mix.....

got this email too

dude sent a pm on soulstrut for the record that he bought off of me (i think the same thing happened with dave). so, according to this, someone must have tapped into his soulstrut account and started pm'ing dudes for records he wanted? please.

PTQ28 - 03/31/05 04:37 PM
    yeah, i plan on hitting you off with a paypal payment later on this evening when I'm done with class and shit..Peace.

this whole thing stinks. it's become obvious he didn't think that any of the sellers would know each other. wrong move ravindra.

isn't it possible that someone is doing the chargebacks on all the records he bought ? i mean he legitimatly bought all the records but the chargebacks aren't legitimate.

post up his number trew. i want that fool getting about 20 calls per hour.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    anyone else get that form email from dude? he skipped us. anyhow, don't believe the hype, his story has changed a few times now and only gets more convoluted over time.

i do know he goes to drexel or penn. i'd expect a better scam from a graduate of either of those schools.

if anyone wants to give him a ring, i've got his #.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

isn't it possible that someone is doing the chargebacks on all the records he bought ? i mean he legitimatly bought all the records but the chargebacks aren't legitimate.

post up his number trew. i want that fool getting about 20 calls per hour.

there's a lot of possibilities but the simplest explanation is he did it. no son, no someone else. him. his story has evolved since my first call.. and based on how it's evolved, i'm guessing he didn't expect any blowback, only that sweet paypal loot.

ravi radiyar:

610 451 2652

here's the other number he gave me when he was playing dad:

610 451 0951

it's not his # but it could be someone working with him. or not. but then again i've been assuming the worst since the jump.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Someone whip up a NO RAIV graemlin please

Email message:

someone has been dipping into my personal accounts and has been charging items to
    locations in and out of the country. im pretty sure this guy has been doing this to other
    people on ebay. he just happened to hack into my paypal account. my company suggested
    that i cancel everything as to seed out this individual.

what i intend to do is have my card company reimburse everyone who was affected by this.
    there are just too many items here that i didnt order. i know im going to be losing out
    on money for items i didnt buy but i have a lot of unhappy people hounding me. i plan to
    resolve this before the weekend is over and you will have your money back.

smells fishy to me.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Someone whip up a NO RAIV graemlin please

• Both numbers are cell phones (fonefinder.net):

610 451 READING Pennsylvania AT&T WIRELESS SERVICES, INC. WIRELESS PROV

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    so he just called me and laid it out (see asprin's post above)

i'll believe it when the money's in the bank.

anyhow, he's been reading the thread so i suggested he chime in because right now he looks like this guy:

• so he just called me and laid it out (see asprin's post above)

did you tell him to file a police report of his identity theft ?

dave

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    so he just called me and laid it out (see asprin's post above)

did you tell him to file a police report of his identity theft ?

dave

no. i think he's got other things he's worried about. anyhow, everyone who received a chargeback should have received 2 emails from ravi re: this shit.

everything should be cleared up w/in 5-7 days.

:fingers crossed & brass knuckles waiting:

• ptq28ptq28 38 Posts
    Pissed off Soul Strutters,

I sent everyone an email regarding this to everyone. I also left a message with Trew on his cell. The past few days have been more than unnerving. You will all get what you are owed. The whole situation is explained in the email. I sent it out twice to make sure everyone got a copy. Words cannot express how sorry I am to all of you. I never intended to rip you guys off. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

I sent everyone an email regarding this to everyone. I also left a message with Trew on his cell. The past few days have been more than unnerving. You will all get what you are owed. The whole situation is explained in the email. I sent it out twice to make sure everyone got a copy. Words cannot express how sorry I am to all of you. I never intended to rip you guys off. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain.

well kudos to that crafty paypal thief that got you for being so smart as to logging into our message board and private messaging people with purchase intentions. Really made it look like you had something to do with it...(rolls eyes)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

sucka.

• wow, someone must really love whitney to have deleted drewn's post

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    wow, someone must really love whitney to have deleted drewn's post

fuck...here we go again.

drewn deleted his own post.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    does he think Bobby Brown comes to SoulStrut?

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts

Ya. This wouldn't be a difficult hack actually. You could do this two ways. Still, sounds fishy more than a hack

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i think you guys are not going to see your money or your records again. he's just apologizing to buy some time to make his getaway.

i think you guys are not going to see your money or your records again. he's just apologizing to buy some time to make his getaway.

co-sign, collect in person.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    co-sign, collect in person.

quite possibly. i would suggest doing soulfriere's trick as well as filing a fraud report with the exeter, PA police dept. just to cover your asses and build your case should it come to that.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

(no) smooth getaway like Alec Baldwin

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    yo ptq28,
    hit me at [email]sipreano@telus.net[/email] with that shit...
    i'm out $30 US,
    sip

• yo ptq28,
    hit me at [email]dwood@magi.net[/email] with that shit...
    i'm out $63 US,
    dave

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    yo ptq28,
    hit me at [email]dj_day@hotmail.com[/email] with that shit...
    i'm out $900 US,
    day

• yo ptq28,
    hit me at [email]dj_day@hotmail.com[/email] with that shit...
    i'm out $900 US,
    day

for real!!!

or joke?

Ha, when's the last time you've seen Day selling anything?

• Ha, when's the last time you've seen Day selling anything?

well that one time i saw him on the street with that blonde wig on and those fish nets... nevermind, i have never seen him sell anything.