paypal chargebacks [aka the philly beatdown]

1235»

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    hahaha hey, it was worth a shot

• i also got burned in this nifty little scam. i sold him the record at the end of May and now this. identity theft if a horrible thing and if that truly is the case then ravi is going through hell unnecesarily but thanks to all the detective work of all the other soulstrutters who got burned i think its pretty obvious that this guy has a history of scamming. i was told i would be repaid but i'll belive that when i see it.

if i have learned anything from this fiasco though its that paypal is full of shit. i can't belive the shoddiness of their service and am beggining to understand why so many people on ebay refuse paypal. the dispute process is so convoluted and get this those assholes don;t even have a 1-800 number so if you are a person who say lives in canada and has a cell phone then a call to paypal with all the automated menus and wait times is going to run you dollars. seriously, fuck paypal.

• i also got burned in this nifty little scam. i sold him the record at the end of May and now this. identity theft if a horrible thing and if that truly is the case then ravi is going through hell unnecesarily but thanks to all the detective work of all the other soulstrutters who got burned i think its pretty obvious that this guy has a history of scamming. i was told i would be repaid but i'll belive that when i see it.

if i have learned anything from this fiasco though its that paypal is full of shit. i can't belive the shoddiness of their service and am beggining to understand why so many people on ebay refuse paypal. the dispute process is so convoluted and get this those assholes don;t even have a 1-800 number so if you are a person who say lives in canada and has a cell phone then a call to paypal with all the automated menus and wait times is going to run you dollars. seriously, fuck paypal.

yeah i'm seriously starting to rethink my paypal policy. i make thousands a year off paypal but you can also have the potential of losing a lot. probably the amount more that a seller makes by having paypal is worth the risk of losing a little of it. like have you ever noticed how ebay auctions without paypal usually go for much less, that is money being lost because you don't have it.

i have revised my policy somewhat, any order over 50 in the states gets delivery confirmation. any order over 100 outside the states gets registered.

i don't see why more people don't do this scam. i mean anyone with a computer can do it.

dave

• I've been victimized by this dude too.

BAck on May 22 I sold him a Music Of El Topo record.

Didn't think this many people got taken as well.

• THEN he gets to look forward to getting his ass beat by a small army of record nerds.

Posse up!

Don't get it twisted. We're not all the "nerdy" type.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    here's the new story.. how much longer are we going to have to wait? until dude breaks out for another city?? i'm quickly losing patience.

Sellers,

After wrapping up a few transactions at the end of July I withdrew all of my
    sensitive information from PayPal. I removed all credit card information so
    that the perpetrator would not have any more access to my account. I only
    cancelled my credit card less than a week ago due to the fact that someone
    was making unauthorized charges. If I cancel my card, that shouldn???t effect
    the payments that have already been made months ago.

After contacting my credit card company last night, I learned that all the
    charges I???ve made up until the time of cancellation have been paid for. I
    have the proper documentation to prove this. I am not making these
    chargebacks. These chargebacks date all the way back to April. If I was
    making these chargebacks, why would I wait so long? I have made transactions
    with a number of people that aren???t on this email list. How come they aren???t
    emailing me about chargebacks? I have made more than one purchase with some
    of the people on this list. Why would I single out one transaction instead
    of another? It doesn???t make sense.

In order to solve this, I will need everyone???s cooperation and patience. I
    would also appreciate it if the name-calling was put to an end. I understand
    that this whole situation seems more than bogus but like I said before, it
    can happen to anyone and I am proof of it. I am doing what I can do to get
    your money back. I called the card company today and was notified that this
    investigation may take longer than expected. You will all receive what you
    are owed. I don???t need any legal problems.

- Ravi

• Ask the gentleman to provide you with the cc contact info as respects the investigation. I'm surprised yall have not asked to be put in contact with any such (probably non-existant) "investigators".

Better to check his story...

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts

I would also appreciate it if the name-calling was put to an end.

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    seems dude should head to the post office and return all the shit...at least until its resolved. Holding someone elses property without having paid for it is .

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm just really impressed by the soul strut sleuths on this thread. Way to take justice into your own hands.
    Now you just gotta get the cash back from that shady character.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    here's the new story.. how much longer are we going to have to wait? until dude breaks out for another city??

I think you should get at dude "asap".

You know how liars change their stories?

Really.

Before you all get took.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    thought this needed to be bumped.

per paychecks recommendation, i hollered at ravi re: case #'s. he stated the individual #'s for each chargeback were being mailed to him. this was last friday.

anyone holler at dude lately. what's new on your respective ends?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I haven't heard a peep out of him.

• I haven't heard a peep out of him.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    he said he was going to hear from his credit card company on monday. no word since then.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    OH MAN!!! GUYS!!!! do not let this asshole get over on you!!! SOMEBODY BEAT HIS ASS!!!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    has anyone heard from this dude? it's been about five days since his last email.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    has anyone heard from this dude? it's been about five days since his last email.

Enough time to make the getaway?

I hope you guys are gettin' ur money!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I emailed his last night, still waiting to hear back.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

i spoke with him yesterday. been hounding him for a scan of any sort of invoice. he claims all he has is old invoices, the cc co. is sending new ones soon. supposedly. his story now is he's filed to negate the false chargebacks thru paypal since discover is taking their sweet time.

i'll be needing to see a screenshot of the paypal un-chargeback form, thanks.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

has the ravinator disconnected his cellphone yet?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

i spoke with him yesterday. been hounding him for a scan of any sort of invoice. he claims all he has is old invoices, the cc co. is sending new ones soon. supposedly. his story now is he's filed to negate the false chargebacks thru paypal since discover is taking their sweet time.

i'll be needing to see a screenshot of the paypal un-chargeback form, thanks.

Sounds like bullshit man. Did you call his CC co. yourself?

• big surprise...ravi hasn't been returning my emails and has been mum about even returning my lp. paypal can also lick my balls for their shitty customer support.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    god damn! I wish i lived in philly, I would kill this dude for yall.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    god damn! I wish i lived in philly, I would kill this dude for yall.

don't worry B, you'll be flown out for his welcoming party.

2 reversals todaycame thru, in ravi's favor. plus 2 $10 fees from paypal.

to everyone involved: what address did you send merch. to? the philly or reading addy?

i was contacted by a fellow strutter, i believe, with this email. thought those who weren't on his mailing list, yet effected by this mess, would like to see it:

Hello Fellow Ebay Sellers

I am one of those sellers on Mr Ravi Padiyar's list who - presumably like

you - have been contacted by paypal to say that he has opened a charge back

dispute. As you know, this ebay buyer claims that all his ebay transactions

over the past several months are in doubt and has suggested that his paypal

account has been used by a third party.

I have today been informed by paypal that an amount of around $70.00 will be

taken from my account. This includes a 'chargeback' fee levied by paypal.

I sold a record to Mr Padiyar a few months ago. He paid for it by paypal

and it was sent to a confirmed and verified postal address (his own). I am

in absolutely no doubt that the record was bought and paid for by Mr Padiyar

and that he received the record. I am based in the UK and obtained

verification of postage via a Certificate of Posting.

Of course, I have sent all this information to paypal but it seems to make

no difference.

I'm sorry if this ebay buyer has had his 'identity' stolen (again .....).

But I am determined not to be ripped off by paypal, Mr. Padiyar or another

alleged buyer. I think we must fight this otherwise we're all going to be out

of pocket. Can you let me know if you have any information which might

strengthen our case with paypal.

Best wishes

Umbers

what's next dudes?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I seriously think with everyone being in contact like this, y'all should get together, get a lawyer, and file suit against Paypal for taking your money, plus damages. Someone needs to show Paypal once and for all that they cannot just go around taking people's money based on someone's word, with no recourse.

Sue those fuckers, and let THEM sue Ravi!

• I seriously think with everyone being in contact like this, y'all should get together, get a lawyer, and file suit against Paypal for taking your money, plus damages. Someone needs to show Paypal once and for all that they cannot just go around taking people's money based on someone's word, with no recourse.

okay good idea. now who wants to go hire a lawyer. aren't there a few lawyers on here. jroot ? ai ?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I seriously think with everyone being in contact like this, y'all should get together, get a lawyer, and file suit against Paypal for taking your money, plus damages. Someone needs to show Paypal once and for all that they cannot just go around taking people's money based on someone's word, with no recourse.

okay good idea. now who wants to go hire a lawyer. aren't there a few lawyers on here. jroot ? ai ?

My wife's a lawyer but I don't think she can really help. I will ask her though.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Pissed off Soul Strutters,

I sent everyone an email regarding this to everyone. I also left a message with Trew on his cell. The past few days have been more than unnerving. You will all get what you are owed. The whole situation is explained in the email. I sent it out twice to make sure everyone got a copy. Words cannot express how sorry I am to all of you. I never intended to rip you guys off. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain.

Fuck you. I'm not out any $ on your scam job(s), but some of my brothers here are.

Some of these fellows know how to track a man down for money. Honest-to-Jesus repo shit. You are going to get some night visitors, pal. It's happened before (remember the guy hiding in his room while his mom covered for him?) and is about to happen again, legally or illegally. Seriously: don't answer your door for a few months.