Good Riddance, Frankie

Comments

• my levels of pity for this website are at all time highs.

• The_Hook_Up said:
    So he was banned because many folks didnt want him on here and taking up space by becoming the center of attention and dominating threads, etc? Why then are we spending time talking about him? This ban is a fail. Shit is still all about Frankie apparently.

It's only all about Frankie when Frankie is around.

• There are virtually no similarities between a privately run message board and protests in a public park.

If the board is getting only negatives from an individual, and fewer people are on here as a result, there are fewer ad revenues, fewer sales, etc. It's as simple as that.

Agreed. That whole liberal flapjawing about how we can't Accept A Difference Of Opinion and how he's Made The Board More Exciting ain't gonna play. Not now, not ever.

• Rockadelic said:
    Here???s what I have a real hard time wrapping my head around

some of you vociferously support the rights of corporations like Monsanto to go into a real life community, set up business, create a questionably hygienic environment and tremendously upset the lives and livelihoods of those who live, work and own businesses within said community. But in THIS community if someone simply posts words that upset or offend you, a lynch mob forms to ban the offender from being here.

I???ve read about numerous complaints about Monsanto poisoning the worlds water with PCBs, pushing frankenstein foods into the food system, suing small farmers whose crops have been contaminated by Monsanto seeds, etc., etc. But when members of that real life community complain it???s always deferred to the ???rights??? of the free market. But god forbid someone posts here and upsets your dainty sensitivities you call for a virtual pepper spraying and the banning of them from setting foot in your safe haven of an online community.

I???ve heard of ???First World Problems??? but I think a lot of people on the internet suffer from ???Secret Mindgarden Problems???.

fixed.

and for the record...he was often a tedious masterdebater, but Frankie seemed no worse than the other ad-nauseum argumenteurs on here from whom i generally learn quite a bit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ban everyone who posts after this

• I support OWS, and I don't support the ban (or banning in general). So Rock, there's one. I've never really seen the big deal about Frankie, he's just another troll. That said, there seems to be a much greater tolerance for trolling from the right of center than the left of center on this board, and that always struck me as strange.

• Brian said:
    ban everyone who posts after this

Do it.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    I'm kind of indifferent on this guy, and I don't post a lot myself... but my observation, both in 'real life' and online, has been that the way to deter an attention hound is by denying them attention. Don't talk about them, and don't respond when they address you.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck about any of this? Seriously, a 4 page thread about this shit? We used to boot dudes for whatever back in the day without an iota of the moral hand wringing in this thread.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    day said:
    Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck about any of this? Seriously, a 4 page thread about this shit? We used to boot dudes for whatever back in the day without an iota of the moral hand wringing in this thread.
    whatever chuckles

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The problem with MLJ is that he will suck the life out of any topic if given the chance. When you tell him to chill with whatever police beating or right wing conspiracy he's on about for the 800th time, because, you know, this is like a MUSIC FORUM & shit he'll put his energies in to baiting random people in random threads and just basically be a rain cloud over everyones day. It's sad because I believe he's a smart guy with a genuine love of music. He just can't control himself. It's not even this big freedom of speech issue some of you try to make it out to be. He is not some misunderstood crusader. He's the bratty little kid you've asked to behave, put in the time out corner, grounded for weeks at a time, who still refuses to behave. At some point you just have to ship the little fucker off the military school and call it a day.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Brian said:
    day said:
    whatever chuckles

Come on, B! I'm just saying this is like some weird communal masturbation thing. It happens every time someones banned.

• day said:
    BAN!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    hcrink said:
    The problem with MLJ is that he will suck the life out of any topic if given the chance. When you tell him to chill with whatever police beating or right wing conspiracy he's on about for the 800th time, because, you know, this is like a MUSIC FORUM & shit he'll put his energies in to baiting random people in random threads and just basically be a rain cloud over everyones day. It's sad because I believe he's a smart guy with a genuine love of music. He just can't control himself. It's not even this big freedom of speech issue some of you try to make it out to be. He is not some misunderstood crusader. He's the bratty little kid you've asked to behave, put in the time out corner, grounded for weeks at a time, who still refuses to behave. At some point you just have to ship the little fucker off the military school and call it a day.

[/thread]

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    So he was banned because many folks didnt want him on here and taking up space by becoming the center of attention and dominating threads, etc? Why then are we spending time talking about him? This ban is a fail. Shit is still all about Frankie apparently.

He was banned because he pissed off Raj.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Here???s what I have a real hard time wrapping my head around

some of you vociferously support the rights of corporations like Monsanto to go into a real life community, set up business, create a questionably hygienic environment and tremendously upset the lives and livelihoods of those who live, work and own businesses within said community. But in THIS community if someone simply posts words that upset or offend you, a lynch mob forms to ban the offender from being here.

I???ve read about numerous complaints about Monsanto poisoning the worlds water with PCBs, pushing frankenstein foods into the food system, suing small farmers whose crops have been contaminated by Monsanto seeds, etc., etc. But when members of that real life community complain it???s always deferred to the ???rights??? of the free market. But god forbid someone posts here and upsets your dainty sensitivities you call for a virtual pepper spraying and the banning of them from setting foot in your safe haven of an online community.

I???ve heard of ???First World Problems??? but I think a lot of people on the internet suffer from ???Secret Mindgarden Problems???.

Excellent.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    day said:
    BAN!

Yo, someone please do! I notice the only time I post here now is on some Grumpmaster Flex shit after reading threads with the same 3 people arguing about the same thing they argued about in another 25 page thread a week ago, or new jack troll dudes who seem to pop up in every thread with useless one liners.

I still love this place tho.

• we love you too buddy.
    you are old now. embrace your grumpiness.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    day said:
    I still love this place tho.

I do too......seriously.

It gets me through some pretty slow days....I learn a lot about music I otherwise would know nothing about...and I've met some great people from here IRL

I really do make an effort to bring music and music related content to this place.....I'll post new discoveries....I post up silly games and give away prizes...I try to share digging and other music related stories......I love to see what others are finding in the field and I just love records in general...that's what got me here.

But ever since I've been here the threads that get the most hits...the most replies......and the most asshurtness are ALWAYS the non-music related ones.

Post up an unknown LP with sound clips and you'll get 10 responses....cool.

Post up "Good Riddance Frankie" and it goes 10 pages.

Never have been able to figure out why.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    we love you too buddy.
    you are old now. embrace your inner-Rockadelic.

ZING

True indeed gawd, true indeed...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    day said:
    tripledouble said:
    we love you too buddy.

ZING

Some call it maturity and wisdom...some call it grumpiness....it's all good.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    day said:
    Brian said:
    day said:
    whatever chuckles

Come on, B! I'm just saying this is like some weird communal masturbation thing. It happens every time someones banned.
    haha, i just wanted to use chuckles. i only like posting threads requesting people to be banned; no discussion is required beyond that.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    day said:
    tripledouble said:
    we love you too buddy.

ZING

Some call it maturity and wisdom...some call it grumpiness....it's all good.

Just jokes, Rock. That was an age jab, not a grump one.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    day said:

The only good thing that came out of this thread was Rock's coining of the term "Private Mindgarden Problem," which I hope catches on.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

haha! Exactly.

:five_pager: on a dude people claim to be so insufferable that they can't stop talking about him.

:next_level:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

In other news, ayo.

really rubbed my rhubarb

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Extended 12" version. Sooooo good.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    This is my Frankie joint...

Vaya con dios MLJ, the norse ones. Hasta luego.

• This is MY Frankie jamm: