Good Riddance, Frankie

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Honestly, I can't figure out why so many have such a problem with the guy.

He certainly isn't the only abrasive one here, nor are his views the most outrageous. IMHO.

But, at the end of the day, don't really bother me none.

• Dude lives for politics.
    In the end, there are probably other forums where he can thrive.
    besides.......
    He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkk

• pickwick33 said:
    Doesn't take much Sherlocking to determine that the former Moe Larry Jesus is making another comeback.

Dang, that guy? Haha.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:

He certainly isn't the only abrasive one here, nor are his views the most outrageous. IMHO.

Like him or loathe him the place will be duller without him. Just think of all those lurkers who won't get to tune in for a Frankie troll fest any more. Come on, you are all performing for them. This is WEBtainment , or INTERtainment, or, ..whatever, it's like Dr House just sacked Hugh Laurie

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    tabira said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Like him or loathe him the place will be duller without him. Just think of all those lurkers who won't get to tune in for a Frankie troll fest any more. Come on, you are all performing for them. This is WEBtainment , or INTERtainment, or, ..whatever, it's like Dr House just sacked Hugh Laurie

I disagree. There has been a big drop-off of some very good MUSIC-related posters in the last year or two, while he has dominated threads with the same old non-music crap. I don't know if those very excellent posters stopped posting because of him or not, but these things happened at the same time.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    bluesnag said:
    tabira said:
    Bon Vivant said:

I disagree. There has been a big drop-off of some very good MUSIC-related posters in the last year or two, while he has dominated threads with the same old non-music crap. I don't know if those very excellent posters stopped posting because of him or not, but these things happened at the same time.

true but I think that's more related to the structure of the forum. "Strut central" is, what, 90% of all activity if not more? It's basically every subjet under the sun except trades and sales. If it was more broken up into music, politics and miscellaneous the trolls could troll as much as they like but within their cave. Too much structure kills things, but perhaps the balance here is too swayed towards "catch all"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Here???s what I have a real hard time wrapping my head around

Almost every one of you vociferously support the rights of people like the OWS movement to go into a real life community, set up tent cities, create a questionably hygienic environment and tremendously upset the lives and livelihoods of those who live, work and own businesses within said community. But in THIS community if someone simply posts words that upset or offend you, a lynch mob forms to ban the offender from being here.

I???ve read about numerous complaints about OWS participants blocking traffic, keeping people up all night with drum circles, urinating in doorways, etc., etc. But when members of that real life community complain it???s always deferred to the ???rights??? of those creating the problems. But god forbid someone posts here and upsets your dainty sensitivities you call for a virtual pepper spraying and the banning of them from setting foot in your safe haven of an online community.

I???ve heard of ???First World Problems??? but I think a lot of people on the internet suffer from ???Secret Mindgarden Problems???.

I???ve come to accept it, and will no longer fight against it, but I also know I???ll never understand it. I enjoy and contribute to this place as much as the next guy and will continue to whether MLJ is here or not.

I???ve know the argument that this is a private site and there are no ???rights??? beyond what the owner says they are???.and I get that???. it's the contradiction of ideals within this "community" that I just don???t get.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    But god forbid someone posts here and upsets your dainty sensitivities you call for a virtual pepper spraying and the banning of them from setting foot in your safe haven of an online community.

• So he was banned because many folks didnt want him on here and taking up space by becoming the center of attention and dominating threads, etc? Why then are we spending time talking about him? This ban is a fail. Shit is still all about Frankie apparently.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    That would be awesome if dude's computer screen would pepper spray him every time he attempts to log back on under a different alias.

HarveyCanal said:
    That would be awesome if dude's computer screen would pepper spray him every time he attempts to log back on under a different alias.

Only if there was a video camera recording it for us to witness

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I've consistently been against the constitutional rights of specific individuals, on the internet and in real life. And I believe that the Obama administration's summary execution of Anwar al-Awlaki supports this position.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Here???s what I have a real hard time wrapping my head around

Almost every one of you vociferously support the rights of people like the OWS movement to go into a real life community, set up tent cities, create a questionably hygienic environment and tremendously upset the lives and livelihoods of those who live, work and own businesses within said community. But in THIS community if someone simply posts words that upset or offend you, a lynch mob forms to ban the offender from being here.

I???ve read about numerous complaints about OWS participants blocking traffic, keeping people up all night with drum circles, urinating in doorways, etc., etc. But when members of that real life community complain it???s always deferred to the ???rights??? of those creating the problems. But god forbid someone posts here and upsets your dainty sensitivities you call for a virtual pepper spraying and the banning of them from setting foot in your safe haven of an online community.

I???ve heard of ???First World Problems??? but I think a lot of people on the internet suffer from ???Secret Mindgarden Problems???.

I???ve come to accept it, and will no longer fight against it, but I also know I???ll never understand it. I enjoy and contribute to this place as much as the next guy and will continue to whether MLJ is here or not.

I???ve know the argument that this is a private site and there are no ???rights??? beyond what the owner says they are???.and I get that???. it's the contradiction of ideals within this "community" that I just don???t get.

There are virtually no similarities between a privately run message board and protests in a public park.

If the board is getting only negatives from an individual, and fewer people are on here as a result, there are fewer ad revenues, fewer sales, etc. It's as simple as that.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Same way G20 protesters and occupiers lost support over their thoughtless and (sometimes) destructive antics, it is hard to support Frankie's right to express himself and be here when it is thoughtless, seflish and counter-productive. A thread going off on tangents due to a natural progress in conversation is different than someone who constantly comes in to draw negative attention to himself. Yup, he definitely had some worthwhile things to say here and there, but the overwhelming volume was more negative than positive.

• it was his deleting of dumb stuff after being called out on it that really rubbed my rhubarb. i mean, if you're going to be a dickhead, just be a dickhead..... dont say something stupid and then remove it like a coward.

there will be another one of these morons. i just hope he reads this thread before posting.

• vintageinfants said:
    it was his deleting of dumb stuff after being called out on it that really rubbed my rhubarb. i mean, if you're going to be a dickhead, just be a dickhead..... dont say something stupid and then remove it like a coward.

there will be another one of these morons. i just hope he reads this thread before posting.

Reads what thread?

bassie said:
    Same way G20 protesters and occupiers lost support over their thoughtless and (sometimes) destructive antics, it is hard to support Frankie's right to express himself and be here when it is thoughtless, seflish and counter-productive. A thread going off on tangents due to a natural progress in conversation is different than someone who constantly comes in to draw negative attention to himself. Yup, he definitely had some worthwhile things to say here and there, but the overwhelming volume was more negative than positive.

I understand what your saying.....I just don't understand how violent and destructive actions can be compared to someone typing words on a computer.

And Raj losing $$$ as a result certainly gives him the right to get rid of the guy.

Too bad the businesses losing $$$ around OWS sites can't do the same.

Lastly, I waited 2 pages before I commented here because I know many of you are sick and friggin tired of hearing me whine about this topic......but in the spirit of being a member of the community I had to throw my 2 cents in......again......unless someone wants to discuss it further I'm done.

Rock, your parallel between this message board and OWS is frankly bizarre.

HarveyCanal said:

It's a tangent based on current events....I've spoken out ad nauseum about "banning" for years.

The OWS analogy is simply that everyone here seems to support everyone's right to say and do what they want peacefully in public, but not when it happens in their online backyard.

That seems bizarre

Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:

I understand what your saying.....I just don't understand how violent and destructive actions can be compared to someone typing words on a computer.

I am not trying to beat this death either, but you are the one who put the two together. I do not think they are the same impact-wise. I was addressing people's acceptance/patience threshold, or lack thereof.

Goodness knows I've engaged the guy more than I wish, but basically he's banned because we can't control ourselves when it comes to feeding the monster.

• bassie said:
    because we can't control ourselves when it comes to feeding the monster.

THIS

Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

It's a tangent based on current events....I've spoken out ad nauseum about "banning" for years.

The OWS analogy is simply that everyone here seems to support everyone's right to say and do what they want peacefully in public, but not when it happens in their online backyard.

That seems bizarre

No, people here just understand where the OWS folks are coming from and for the most part support their efforts. In contrast, we don't understand where Frankie was coming from...so after many chances for him to change his ways for the better, he got banned (again). So to bring it back to your analogy, if it were Nazis blocking the streets of NYC...people here would not support their right to do so. Shouldn't surprise you that anyone's belief in the rights of free speech is situational at best. That's just life as we live it, bro.

HarveyCanal said:
    No, people here just understand where the OWS folks are coming from and for the most part support their efforts. In contrast, we don't understand where Frankie was coming from...so after many chances for him to change his ways for the better, he got banned (again). So to bring it back to your analogy, if it were Nazis blocking the streets of NYC...people here would not support their right to do so. Shouldn't surprise you that anyone's belief in the rights of free speech is situational at best. That's just life as we live it, bro.

So if we understand and agree with you cool...if not, fuck off.

These seems kinda bizarre coming from you.....if MLJ had just conformed everything would be cool.

I think most people do indeed support the rights of Nazis or Westboro cretins to peacefully protest, they just won't be apologists for them if they get violent like they might with people they are philosophically aligned with.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Nazis

And... [/thread]!

It is over-simplfying to make it about a just about a difference in opinions. There are very few people on the Board I see eye to eye with on most subjects (this place is as dynamic as it is because so few of us have the same opinions and are not afraid to share them imo), but I don't think they detract from the Board. I can't say the same for Frankie.

• jesus christ. you guys bicker like nothing i've ever seen before. just shut up and delete this thread.

move. the fuck. on.

• Frankie says... RELAX.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

vintageinfants said:
    jesus christ. you guys bicker like nothing i've ever seen before. just shut up and delete this thread.

move. the fuck. on.

Can't stop clicking on the friggin thread?.......jeeez.

bassie said:
    but basically he's banned because we can't control ourselves when it comes to feeding the monster.

Agreed