milton nascimento unappreiciation post

13»

Comments

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

Thanks so much! I can catch about every other word listening but I never got the whole thing like that. Amazing tune.

You're welcome, MojoMan.

If you want I can post the lyrics in Portuguese for you to
    know the real deal.

Peace

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Besides the music, I love the lyrics on "Nuvem Cigana"

Se voc?? quiser eu dan??o com voc??
    No p?? da estrada
    P??, poeira, ventania
    Se voc?? soltar o p?? na estrada
    P??, poeira
    Eu dan??o com voc?? o que voc?? dan??ar

Se voc?? deixar o sol bater
    Nos seus cabelos verdes
    Sol, sereno, ouro e prata
    Sai e vem comigo
    Sol, semente, madrugada
    Eu vivo em qualquer parte de seu cora????o

Se voc?? deixar o cora????o bater sem medo

Se voc?? quiser eu dan??o com voc??
    Meu nome ?? nuvem
    P??, poeira, movimento
    O meu nome ?? nuvem
    Ventania, flor de vento
    Eu dan??o com voc?? o que voc?? dan??ar

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    i have to admit i'm not the hugest fan of tropicala/mpb (or what i've heard from those genres) but i must say clube de esquina blows my mind everytime i listen to it (which is a lot!).

big thanks to edson aka moogman for hooking me up with a real NM copy last year.

clube de esquina 2 doesn't really do anything for me though.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I learned by watching that cool bbc brasil brasil doc.

Thanks for mentioning this, grabbed the torrent when you posted, but finally got around to putting it on the ipod and watching it on subway to work. Only saw the first 10 minutes, but really beautiful and well put together doc so far. Looking forward to the other 170 minutes.....

Damn, I wanna go to Brazil....

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Enjoyed reading this thread while listening to Milton. It provided a great soundtrack.

• DocMcCoy said:
    I'm still after this female vocal version of "Tudo..." that Gilles also used to play a lot - it's not the Quartetto Em Cy version, nor the Simone one that Saba had on his site at one point. Any other good female versions of this that I ought to be up on?

Did you ever find the version you were looking for?

DocMcCoy said:
    I'm still after this female vocal version of "Tudo..." that Gilles also used to play a lot - it's not the Quartetto Em Cy version,
    nor the Simone one that Saba had on his site at one point. Any other good female versions of this that I ought to be up on?

Can you post a soundfile of it? Maybe I can identify this version you look for.

Peace

• DocMcCoy said:
    I'm still after this female vocal version of "Tudo..." that Gilles also used to play a lot - it's not the Quartetto Em Cy version, nor the Simone one that Saba had on his site at one point. Any other good female versions of this that I ought to be up on?

Azymuth - Tudo Que Voce Podia Ser by Far Out Recordings

?

Here are a few versions with female vocals I found at youtube:

Peace

• I have to admit that as much as I have wanted to love CDE because of the great cover, most of it past Side A doesn't do much for me.

However I would never get rid of my copy just because of how heavy those first couple of tracks are.

• Fun read.

Stand by my statements.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Well this whole thread sure was embarrassing. Shameful strut. For the record Milton Nascimiento wrote some of the best Brazilian songs I've ever heard in my life.

- spidey

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    SPlDEY said:

Well this whole thread sure was embarrassing. Shameful strut. For the record Milton Nascimiento wrote some of the best Brazilian songs I've ever heard in my life.

- spidey

d&b? Awesome!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

(Verocai + Nascimento)

- spidey

- spidey