Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    New Z-Ro album dropped this week...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yeah, that new zro is worth checking out

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Junior said:
    New Smoke DZA album is an unexpected pleasure.

Yes!

Can't see any of the youtubes, sorry if any of these are repeats....but somehow I doubt it lol

I like Cyhi's stuff, save for the sex song and attempts at love songs. I like his voice a lot and would LOVE My Name Rings Bells if not for the over done MLK snippet.

Half of the Killa Kyleon is terrific but it falls completely off the rails for me when he goes into total Rick Ross mode. And the Beyonce track is embarrassing.

• that beyonce track and the one with mac miller are especially terrible.
    I really like that beat on the track with mac miller though.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

HarveyCanal said:
    Junior said:

Anyway, to keep it current......

Yes!

Double Yes!

• d.e.l.e.t.e.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    New Z-Ro album dropped this week...

great album

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    ski beatz doing it...

SKI BEATZ FT. LOCKSMITH - LOCK from Creative Control on Vimeo.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ANTHEM STATUS

• not sure if he's ever been posted, but does the sturt have a stance on J Cole?

NSFW / / /

This keeps sounding better with every listen.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Aser said:
    ski beatz doing it...

SKI BEATZ FT. LOCKSMITH - LOCK from Creative Control on Vimeo.

Can't believe I missed this post. I'm currently on tour with these dudes right now. (Not performing, just tagging along for the experience.) Starting our third week today. Fourteen people on a big ass tour bus. Murs, Tabi, Ski Beatz & The Senseis (his band), Da$h (Dame's nephew), McKenzie Eddy and Sean O'Connell, all artists on Dame's newish BluRoc label. (Dame was with us a few days on the tour.) Imagine coming "home" every night to find Ski Beatz bangin' out beats in your living room! Holmes is cool as hell. He was bustin' windmills during soundcheck yesterday and was wylin' out onstage with M.O.P. at the A3C Hip Hop Festival in Atlanta a couple days ago. I had him sign my 24 Hour Karate School CD in the beginning of the tour in case we get on each others' nerves and don't like each other at the end of the tour. I wanted to bring my 12"'s that he produced but I had to pack appropriately. Fortunately the last show of the tour is in my hometown so I'll be able to have him sign everything.

Anyways, I'm leaving the tour on the 27th due to previous obligations back home, but if any of you live in these cities let me know! I may not have too much time to hang out but I can try to get you on the list if you're interested in checking out the show. (The NY show is probably out of the question since most of the crew is from there and will be filling up the guest list spots.)

http://www.hiphopandlovetour.com/tour-schedule.html

Also, here's the full song I referenced in an earlier post:

Herm said:
    This is just a snippet, but this song is one of only like 3-4 that have ever made my eyes well up. Too few rappers are willing to rap about or even discuss homosexuality. So proud of my dude for making this.

• i might make it up for the bloomington show if you are still along for the ride. rhinos is a shitty venue though (but its all ages)...

b/w

Herm said:
    McKenzie Eddy

;blap:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    cookbook said:
    i might make it up for the bloomington show if you are still along for the ride. rhinos is a shitty venue though (but its all ages)...

b/w

Herm said:
    McKenzie Eddy

;blap:

Ha! We both have top bunks and hers is right across from mine. She's such a sweetheart.

Unfortunately, I fly out the day before the Bloomington show. I forgot there were no flights home from there so I had to fly out from Columbus instead. Damn.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    cookbook said:
    not sure if he's ever been posted, but does the sturt have a stance on J Cole?

The 2011 Memphis Bleek

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    bassie - i like the exquire mixtape too. not really feeling the pusha t, though - cheeses up the easy breezy OG too much.

• vintageinfants said:

bit the blowed.

ketan said:
    bassie - i like the exquire mixtape too. not really feeling the pusha t, though - cheeses up the easy breezy OG too much.

That Jai Paul is one of my favourite sample of recent times. I would rather hear a cheesed up OG Pusha T over it than 100% polyester (inclusive of filling) teddy bear Aubs any day.

edit - Sorry for the terrible sentence structure.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    STS!

• prod by Jake One

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts