Best rappers you don't like

13»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    bassie said:
    Revisit your calculations. It is possible to like Z-Ro, which I do, and not like Tupac, see above.

I believe this is where you tell me I don't really get Z-Ro, nor will I ever truly appreciate or understand him or rap - not even life itself! - because I don't pray at The Temple of Tupac.

You know I'm glad you like Z-Ro...and I believe you in full. BUT, how in the world could you possibly like what is far and away considered Z-Ro's most classic album, Look What You Did to Me...made back when Z-Ro was still practically aping 2Pac's flow, with albeit his own twist on it...without liking 2Pac?

It's like saying you like Soundgarden, but not Black Sabbath. Shit just doesn't add up.

• Controller_7 said:
    batmon said:
    how isCommon even in this convo?

im a fan but he doesnt appear on my best mc list.

arent we talmbout kobe,lebron,jordan or artest,jamison and horace grant?

Nobody wants to admit they hate Wonder Mike.

I hate Wonder Mike - as a person.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:

Depends how you read the thread title. You could take it as "make a list of the best rappers, then tell us which ones you don't like" or you could read it as "think of the rappers you don't like???which are generally considered the best?" I read it as the latter.

Common is not generally considered at the same table as Kool G Rap. thats bullshit.

Oh, hells no. But he might be the highest profile rapper on your Do Not Like list.

• DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:

Depends how you read the thread title. You could take it as "make a list of the best rappers, then tell us which ones you don't like" or you could read it as "think of the rappers you don't like???which are generally considered the best?" I read it as the latter.

maybe it's supposed to be, of all the rappers you dislike, which are the best?

DB_Cooper said:
    bassie said:
    Revisit your calculations. It is possible to like Z-Ro, which I do, and not like Tupac, see above.

I believe this is where you tell me I don't really get Z-Ro, nor will I ever truly appreciate or understand him or rap - not even life itself! - because I don't pray at The Temple of Tupac.

The jury's out on Z-Ro for me. How does he feel about his momma?

Like James Brown on the Black Caesar soundtrack.

• Soulstrut rap threads should come with instructions and rules.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    ...and transmitting live from Planet Bankrupt.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    general hatt is monkey business. hatting with some thought i can get with.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Ketan said:
    Soulstrut rap threads are hilarious.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    bassie said:

You know I'm glad you like Z-Ro...and I believe you in full. BUT, how in the world could you possibly like what is far and away considered Z-Ro's most classic album, Look What You Did to Me...made back when Z-Ro was still practically aping 2Pac's flow, with albeit his own twist on it...without liking 2Pac?

It's like saying you like Soundgarden, but not Black Sabbath. Shit just doesn't add up.

It's music, personal taste and subjective experience, not math.
    I'm glad you're glad, but you really need to get over yourself when it comes to this stuff.

The Game

:hated_it:

staxwax said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    ...and transmitting live from Planet Bankrupt.

bw

dickriding the industry and getting your heart broken
    :nagl:

You wish you could hurt my feelings. You are just mad annoying. You talk with your feet supplanted in Candyland. I could give a fuck about the industry. That wasn't my point at all. But trying to talk to someone devoid of a single relavent reference point to access is just pointless. So laters, see you in the Rap You're Liking thread next time some Sean Price drops.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    For the people who hate common, can you get with common sense from the resurrection days?

Absolutely. I'll ride for that album until the wheels fall off, but ever since he got Badu-ed? Forget it.

HarveyCanal said:
    You are just mad annoying.

Lulz!

bw

oh, and

Sean Price..

...dont like him either!

btw harvey you are one of the funnest things on soulstrut, you're a hoot.
    I wish youd post pics of your curly headed self throwing up signs and cruising through the hood in your whip pumping that garbage you listen to. the soundtrack of your life, chock full of relavent reference points bout were you hang and urrythang. dope.

staxwax said:
    I wish youd post pics of yourself throwing up signs and cruising through the hood in your whip pumping that garbage you listen to. the soundtrack of your life, chock full of refarence points bout were you hang and urrythang. dope.

What do you mean? I'm too busy b-boying at the rec center, bombing freight trains, and looping up ill vinyls to ever be doing any of that shit you mentioned. I don't even have a whip. I strictly ride my hatred for 99.99% of all things rap just like you, b.

• bassie said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Shit just doesn't add up.
    It's music, personal taste and subjective experience, not math.
    I'm glad you're glad, but you really need to get over yourself when it comes to this stuff.

Harvey Canal; the only guy on here to give me shit about a rap song I like in a thread titled "RAP YOUR LIKING"

HarveyCanal said:
    staxwax said:
    I wish youd post pics of your curly headed self throwing up signs and cruising through the hood in your whip pumping that garbage you listen to. the soundtrack of your life, chock full of relavent reference points bout were you hang and urrythang. dope.

What do you mean? I'm too busy b-boying at the rec center, bombing freight trains, and looping up ill vinyls to ever be doing any of that shit you mentioned. I don't even have a whip. I strictly ride my hatred for 99.99% of all things rap just like you, b.

aight then.

Thats cool. i really am disgusted by 99% of rapp coming out. Just like you hate graffiti, bboying, loops and vinyl. because you really 'get' hip hop, unlike anyone else on the board. priceless.

Y'all ain't learned to not take me seriously yet? I love you all and your quirky diss-abilities, with a few exceptions. Now go back and study your Pac again until it comes out right.

• I'm shocked that this thread ended as it did. Seriously face melted.

• By no means is Yellawolf considered a "best" rapper, but he gets a lot of hype (technical rapper with a heart of grimey gold). I just cant stand his rapping.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I don't like Mob Deep. Not even their classic shit.

I respect their output but in no way am I feelin' it at all.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    gareth said:
    I'm shocked that this thread ended as it did. Seriously face melted.

yeah, i just read the whole thing. priceless!
    or should i say shaun priceless

• Ive looked this thread over, and the only thing gathered is that hanging where it counts aint on yalls priority lists.

• Em and Jay