Kreayshawn: Pumping Swag Out Her Ovaries

AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
Thoughts? Heard this in the car this morning, so sorry if it's latte passe.

Is this the future of Yay Area rap? Part of me thinks it's so bad it's good. I would never have thought to rhyme Twitter with "sh**tting in your litter." Perhaps we should start a Rap You're Not Liking thread. Except I kind of like this somehow. Does my amusement indicate that I'm getting "old?"

One big room full of bad bitches

And we stunting like
Gucci Gucci, Louis Louis, Fendi Fendi, Prada
Basic bitches wear that shit so I don't even bother

Bitch you ain't no Barbie I see you work at Arby's
Number 2, super-sized Hurry up I'm starving
Gnarly, radical, on the block I'm magical
See me at your college campus baggie full of Adderalls
Call me if you need a fix, call me if you need a boost
See them other chicken heads? They don't never leave the coop
I'm in the coupe cruising, I got the stolen plates
Serving all the fiends over there by the Golden Gate
Bridge, I'm colder than the fridge and the freezer
I'm snatching all your bitches at my leisure

Now Google that groupies follow me like Twitter
I'm rolling up my catnip and sh**ing in your litter
Why you looking bitter? I be looking better
The type of bitch that make you wish that you ain't never met her
The editor, director plus I'm my own boss
So posh, nails fierce with the gold gloss
Which means nobody getting over me
I got the swag and it's pumping out my ovaries

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You can't seriously have just heard this. Aren't you in the Bay?

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    No, I'm not in the Bay.

Just disconnected, I suppose. Searched for a Kreay-specific thread and failed to find one.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh no, corny white people have coopted rap. Welcome to 1989.

b/w

Seriosuily, do y'all never leave your computers long enough to meet people out in the real world? It ain't just cargo pants-wearing know-it-all's. It's folks that never finished high school and shit. Get familiar.

I go to work in the real world and log onto the web to get away from the camo and cargos. Her race (Russian, I think), has nothing to do with my original post. I'm more amused by her lyrics than her appearance, which I thought I made clear by posting a large snippet from Gucci Gucci. Cornballs have cooted rap, not Caucasians.

There's only like 5 people on the Strut who should even be talking about rap at this point. Y'all outside that lil circle front like you actually give a fuck, but don't ever, ever point out anything good or original about it nowadays. But y'all get your sheltered grandma-ish, oooh-look-how-gross knee-jerks on like there's no tomorrow, that's for sure.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Cartoon Rappeurs are upon us and we must deal.

• HarveyCanal said:
    There's only like 5 people on the Strut who should even be talking about rap at this point. Y'all outside that lil circle front like you actually give a fuck, but don't ever, ever point out anything good or original about it nowadays. But y'all get your sheltered grandma-ish, oooh-look-how-gross knee-jerks on like there's no tomorrow, that's for sure.

This is insufferable. Only 5 people here should even be talking about rap? What the fuck is that? Where are the classes I gotta sign up for as a prerequisite? Cool off. It's popular music, it's not an exclusive club. Anybody can talk about it, even with knee-jerk golden-age worshipping bias, or whatever. Even people who don't like rap at all! The "it's just talking over other people's music" crowd, they're allowed to talk about it too. You can say you disagree with them but this isn't fucking in-depth evolution science, it's culture and everybody's allowed an opinion.

Re: Kreayshawn, I'm with Jimster, it's just clown shit.

• klezmer electro-thug beats said:
    Where are the classes I gotta sign up for as a prerequisite

I just assumed that to talk about rap nowadays you had to be tediously earnest about the whole thing. It is, after all, serious and important business and not throwaway entertainment at all.

• neil_something said:
    klezmer electro-thug beats said:
    Where are the classes I gotta sign up for as a prerequisite

I just assumed that to talk about rap nowadays you had to be tediously earnest about the whole thing. It is, after all, serious and important business and not throwaway entertainment at all.

haha! well said. i love harvey but he is talking some right shit there, everyone is totally allowed to talk about rap on the strut. if the same rules were applied to harvey we never would have had a single tedious "regional rap bias" thread ever. vive la difference.

also its not like kreayshawn is required listening, i think almond's done quite well to avoid coming across her up to this point.

• "This swag smells like fish"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Anybody can talk about it

And thats the problem.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Im glad to see you've appointed yourself as the most in-touch cat on the board. Most official sonnnn.

"Harvey sez: harvey so hood"

bw

making an effort to type Y'all a lot. lulz

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Not wanting to speak for HC but for me this is less about Kreayshawn and more about the fact that pretty much any single topic on the board these days about modern rappers who don't have a "golden age" sound tends to just be a list of hatt from people who, those threads apart, don't actually seem very interested in this type of music any more.

People are welcome to their opinions obviously but when you see the same names pop up in every one of these threads dismissing it all without actually suggesting rappers they do like it does get tiring. They could just as easily be starting a thread about albums they're feeling or even, if indications are true and they no longer like anything coming out, discuss old albums they've rediscovered (Shout out to Y'all So Stupid).

I'm not really eager to kick this off again and again, obviously not related to Kreayshawn which I am happy to confirm I have no interest in and is probably not the best battleground to have this discussion, but it is kind of killing my enthusiasm for discussing a type of music I love on a board which used to have a lot of focus on it.

tl/dr Touchy feely let's all get along.

Right, guys, anybody can TALK about it. But merely parroting tired, pre-programmed, internet pop-up type biases doesn't count as TALKING about it.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    i think almond's done quite well to avoid coming across her up to this point.

Yeah, I kind of envy her for that.

I will say this in Kreayshawn's favor, though: It's pretty funny how much she pisses off Rick Ross just by pointing out he's a fake and a fatass.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Almond said:
    Cornballs have cooted rap, not Caucasians.

This typo is a thing of beauty.

DJ_Enki said:
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    i think almond's done quite well to avoid coming across her up to this point.

Yeah, I kind of envy her for that.

I will say this in Kreayshawn's favor, though: It's pretty funny how much she pisses off Rick Ross just by pointing out he's a fake and a fatass.

Enki, I have a general aversion to Bay Area rap, which is why I'm on the late train. The beef with RR is hilarious.

Bassie, that's not a typo. I misread HC's "coopted" as "cooted" and thought it was the most clever thing since Kreay. I felt too proud to thank him at the time.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Coot (v.) - To degrade or disrupt through excessive corniness

And thus, a new word was born. I'm also feeling the shit out of this construction:

staxwax said:

Not even sure why, but it's fantastic.

Double.

DB_Cooper said:
    I'm also feeling the shit out of this construction:

staxwax said:

It's the combination of the alliteration, colon usage and deliberate misspelling of the word "says." Real heads know their language arts. Fantastic, indeed.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Almond said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    I'm also feeling the shit out of this construction:

staxwax said:

It's the combination of the alliteration, colon usage and deliberate misspelling of the word "says." Real heads know their language arts. Fantastic, indeed.

• http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/70055/

Here's an earlier thread.

There are several others. Eek. The youths!

• I see a sex tape with Rick Ross in her future.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    this isnt the music your looking for..............move along....

Thank you, Brokenrecord. I wish I had found that link on my own. But this thread has been plenty entertaining for me.

Thank you, Brokenrecord. I wish I had found that link on my own. But this thread has been plenty entertaining for me.

• This remix makes her a little more tolerable. Still hard to stomach her vocals for the whole song.

Yung Classix - http://yungclassix.bandcamp.com/track/yungclassix-x-kreayshawn-gucci-gucci-classix-mix

Ha! I'm pretty sure it says "cooter" in quotes on the banner behind mirrored sunglasses boy. Are you saying that an average fam of Dursleys is gon coot hip hop culture? Racist?

PS Can you Photoshop in feather hair extensions?

Almond said:
    Ha! I'm pretty sure it says "cooter" in quotes on the banner behind mirrored sunglasses boy. Are you saying that an average fam of Dursleys is gon coot hip hop culture? Racist?

PS Can you Photoshop in feather hair extensions?

Oh, I know it does. That's your boy Cooter from The Dukes of Hazzard TV show. Not the boy, the other guy. Although I would not be especially surprised if it turned out the kid was named Cooter too.