Kreayshawn: Pumping Swag Out Her Ovaries

Comments

• DB_Cooper said:
    That's your boy Cooter from The Dukes of Hazzard TV show.

What he said. Almond you make me feel old.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Bay rap makes me feel old. In fact, I am much older than some of these kids.

• THA FUTURE.

Poor excuse, money please, I get loose off of orange juice (preferly Minute Maid).

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    marwal_bust said:
    THA FUTURE.

Poor excuse, money please, I get loose off of orange juice (preferly Minute Maid).

damn man - how can any1 into rap objectively gauge this as being good? technically its so weak and lyrically uninspired - this is the kinda shit your gran would come up with - on some beat street shit. eat your eggs or ill break your... legs!

btw this chick is also a director - shes at Berkeley film school and is apparently directing the new Red hot chilli peppers video. on some old men staying in touch with what theyve been told is hip
    :balla:

• Nardwuar does his homework again!

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    TheForce said:
    Nardwuar does his homework again!

This dude is one of the best things on the internet.

• TheForce said:

she's wrong; zachary's is not in piedmont.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Zachary's is in Rockridge, not Piedmont.

• HarveyCanal said:

ha! we musta hit submit at the same time.

• HarveyCanal said:

yeah it's def in oakland.

she sure got worked up about the idea of an expensive pizza place being in her town.

toy shit.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    minneap said:
    TheForce said:

This dude is one of the best things on the internet.

I think that was his best ending freeze-frame yet.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Almond said:
    Bay rap makes me feel old. In fact, I am much older than some of these kids.

Hahaha, people my age and in general usually associate Too Short, E-40, Mac Dre with Bay rap. You are not old.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    keak, ya boy, turf talk, etc. etc.
    this joke does not represent bay area rap-- she merely is a reflection of the hipsteur aversion to anything that might actually have some authenticity beyond their own community.

• JimBeam said:
    this joke does not represent bay area rap-- she merely is a reflection of the hipsteur aversion to anything that might actually have some authenticity beyond their own community.

I was gonna say.

I mean, this chick apparently lives in the Bay. and she "raps." sorta.

that's pretty much where her connection to "bay area rap" ends as far as I'm concerned.

rootlesscosmo said:
    JimBeam said:

I was gonna say.

that's pretty much where her connection to "bay area rap" ends as far as I'm concerned.

I think she's too kitsch and capitalist to be hipster. Even if she doesn't wear Gucci. I honestly don't think she's smart enough to represent even superficial counter-culturalism.

While I agree that K's rapping is a bit of a joke and a poorly contrived parody at best, I'm reluctant to dismiss her as irrelevant. I see plenty of kids with her same style of dress, speech and attitude. She may not represent the same Bay Area E-40 does, but E doesn't rep all of the Bay. Would she be more Bay if she rapped about a tech start-up?

I'm guessing a few more white girl rappers before the trend fades.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Almond said:
    K's rapping

So it's K now, A? Somebody done gitfam'd with a vengeance.

• when we talk about Kreayshawn, Kreayshawn wins.

I need to stop even getting involved in these threads.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Almond said:

I think she's too kitsch and capitalist to be hipster.

Whoa! I guess the hipster scene in your area is really different than here in Toronto.
    These are two key words I would use to describe hipsters.

Almond said:
    Would she be more Bay if she rapped about a tech start-up?

LMHO

And her full name is a such a chore to type out.
    My mind automatically says the words I write- don't want it.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• so kreayshawn likes sun ra?

she has gone up in my estimation.

• actually, does she like sun ra or is she just name-checking him...?

arrrggghh... f*cking hipsters.

Whoa! I guess the hipster scene in your area is really different than here in Toronto.

I think of kitsch as being more pop culture, and hipster as being counter-pop. Wikipedia explains it better. Both are capitalist, you're right about that. But that's another thread.

• bassie said:
    Almond said:

I think she's too kitsch and capitalist to be hipster.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Almond said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    JimBeam said:

I was gonna say.

I think she's too kitsch and capitalist to be hipster. Even if she doesn't wear Gucci. I honestly don't think she's smart enough to represent even superficial counter-culturalism.

While I agree that K's rapping is a bit of a joke and a poorly contrived parody at best, I'm reluctant to dismiss her as irrelevant. I see plenty of kids with her same style of dress, speech and attitude. She may not represent the same Bay Area E-40 does, but E doesn't rep all of the Bay. Would she be more Bay if she rapped about a tech start-up?

She may be relevant to a large group of young people, but she is not relevant to rap music.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Almond said:

I think of kitsch as being more pop culture, and hipster as being counter-pop. Wikipedia explains it better. Both are capitalist, you're right about that. But that's another thread.

I guess I view the whole 80s style revival, found-object home decor and millionaire farmhand approach to dining all pretty kitschy.
    But you could beat me with a pop culture stick and I'd call it Charlie Brown, so WTF do I know?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    D.E.L.E.T.E. this whole shit.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    batmon said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E. this whole shit.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    TheForce said:

even b4 i watch this, does that mean he gives her her mom's records?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    TheForce said:

even b4 i watch this, does that mean he gives her her mom's records?