TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Okem said:
    I haven't seen any of Jacques Audiard's other movies though. He has an earlier one staring Vince Cassel which is also meant to be good, and it has the familar theme of the conflicted criminal.

That's "Read My Lips" IIRC. Just checking. Yes. On my "To Watch" list since 2000 and f*cking one, it seems.

So I watched it last night. Superb cast in this. Mousey, overlooked partially-deaf girl takes shine to rehabilitating ex-con, he helps her get one over on her boorish employers, she helps him repay his outstanding criminal debts with a few twists and turns. Character development done in that exquisite Euroman way that mainstream Hollywood simply hasn't time for.

Also reveals the "Murky keyhole" shot a la "A Prophet" to be Audiard's signature move.

8/10

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I will have to search it out. Sounds like you enjoyed it more than A Prophet.

"A Prophet" is the more complex plot and therefore has more ground to cover so. For me, you don't get to know the characters in the same way as "Read My Lips".

Give it a whirl. A well-known skull-and-crossboned-themed torrent site has the g00dz.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    [blog]Right now I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to sit and watch a whole movie, I watched too many last weak and I need a little break. Maybe the second, or third, part of that Story Of Film will energize me, but even that's just part 2 of 15. sheesh.
    All I seem to want to do at the moment is read George R R Martin books and watch k-pop videos. that shit is like crack. so sad.[/blog]

b/w

Nice beats Paul.

• Also feeling the one Chizzle's tracks. Different to what I expected, I assumed it would be an 808-fest.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Cheers for the feedback. I've been messing around with non-sample based shit for a while as well but I never feel quite as comfortable as when I'm using bits of other peoples records.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Whoa there Paul! I thought that sound was for the grumpy old farts who only like teh golden age raps. Those are very promising and I'd definitely want to hear the final versions. First one was my fav.

+1 from a grumpy old fart who only likes teh golden age rapppse.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I read about this the other day. My first thought was, I would so watch this show. It's like a a UK version of The Wire, yeah. And the cops are working a sting out of a record shop. I'm sold, just take my money - On one condition though, no bloody Lenny Henry.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    if el nino was even worth a quarter of his fee we would have stolen points at old trafford

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Whoa!

Boy Chizzle's beats are heat! I'm feeling that shit somewhere deep.

Paul, take em to the full and post so I can put on this new fangled Ipod contraption. Except the third one, which was a tad meh.

Also I still need those beats that Shears put together for that beat battle thingy. Oh, and the guy you vanquished. His stuff was good too. IIRC his handle was something like GJXPLKZCX, or perhaps it was Pete but he had severe dyslexic tendencies.

Please make it so.

Thanks

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    pcmr said:
    if el nino was even worth a quarter of his fee we would have stolen points at old trafford

That awe inspiring, jaw dropping, so-good-i've watched-it ten-times-already miss apart, I actually thought Torres had a decent game and looked far more like his old self.

Crazy match, crazy day of football. One of the most entertaining "Super sundays" I can remember in a long while.

Meh.

For Herr Doktor McCoy:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/20/germany-british-food-popularity

I don't believe these are real Germans eating there and saying the food is good - have to be ex-pats pretending.

It's true.

Klaus and dem have been my main client for some time. They are generally, as the song goes, Big Anglophiles. Always on about tea, The Archers etc. One was overjoyed when I posted him one of them individual-cuppa-size steel milk jugs that fell into my pocket.

b/w

"WHY DO YOU HATE..." etc

Everyone dropping Rooney this week then? Maybe get Tevez in there or something.

Fug a head-sewn-on-back-to-front muhfug.

Kicked his last ball in Manchester.

He stayed on the bench cos he wanted to be closer to his family.

Anyone got any opinions about the new FIFA12/Pro Evo? I played both demos.. the new defending is horrible on FIFA, it's essentially the same game but harder to control (although you can revert the controls to the previous edition except online).

I'm leaning towards a return to PES simply cos it doesn't take 5 minutes to run the length of the pitch, the passing is more fun and it's not favourable to play anti-football.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Tevez has released a statement that it was all just a big misunderstanding. He also uses the phrase "Going forward". My how his grasp of the English language has ameliorated.

Mancini would beg to differ. He was there.

Tevez has been a great player but too much baggage now.

Re: Anti-football. Yes. It gets like pool, where instead of potting the balls the vrai headz just block the pockets and it descends into a cat-and-mouse nudgefest. May as well be table footy. That goes the same way.

"Just twat it, you boring c*nt."

I'm a bit burnt out by Fifa having foolishly spent money on the 09, 10 and 11 versions of it but downloaded the demo anyway.
    Didn't like the zonal marking bollocks they've introduced though found it a bit easier once I worked out that most of the time you're best of just running the defender into the attacker without pressing any buttons at all rather than watching your whole team crab round the pitch. I kind of liked the slightly slower flow to it and the concentration on passing moves rather than long balls but the AI seemed set up so that they could cut through my team like butter at any given moment. I'll give them credit for fixing the menu system and finally introducing the idea that the game doesn't need to pause everytime there's a throw on but that and team updates aren't really tempting me at the moment.

Tried the Pro evo demo 1 and once i'd got over my disgust at the team ratings they'd given still found it all a bit clumsy. Also, the first goal I scored I felt like a boss but the more I scored the more scripted it felt rather than the sensitive touch of a fifa game (ayo?). All in all, may actually manage to control the peer pressure and opt out especially since there seems like a glut of decent games in the next couple of months anyway (Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3, Arkham City, Crysis Remastered, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Battlefield 3....................MW3)

Tevez is a tedious, whiny, little shit. My only real interest in how this plays out is in whether the owners back Mancini or Tevez in the matter and how this will affect future instances of players being set up as private business.

• last years fifa was boring as hell, and after playin both demos i think im going back to PES. although if master league is exactly the same as it was 6 years ago im going to bash my head into a wall.

Sacked in the morning,
    I'm getting sacked in the morning...

At least the only way is up. Or Essex. Or fielding Un*ted players.

LOL.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    so most sobering tweet of the weekend was dude asking when (if at all) has Arsenal had a vintage Arsenal game this year...

none i can think of, and lord knows i am looking for one. and with our most reliable/best defender now out for the next 3 months, i am really trying to come to grips with the fact that Arsenal may not make top 4 unless we get things together.

that said, cheers to American sports for keeping me grounded. Future NFL champs lose game all the time and never do they assume the season is over (yet). with 30 games to go, pretty silly for people to draw lines in the sand right now

jlee said:
    so most sobering tweet of the weekend was dude asking when (if at all) has Arsenal had a vintage Arsenal game this year...

No.

And for Moke, not that I'm throwing down the gauntlet in some I told you so way, but everything that we've disagreed about regarding where Arsenal have been heading seems to have panned-out more like I cynically saw things. Not that I'm happy about it.

Sagna. Leg break. Sh*t.
    This got me thinking about Arsenal's rotten luck with serious breaks (Rosicky, Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey, Vermaelen, Van Percy - although Percy's last serious one happened on international duty). If a team routinely dominates posession, it stands to reason that they're going to be on the business-end of more tackles than any other team too. Probably more frustrated tackles at that. Maybe now Arsenal are no longer going to keep so much posession we will have less breaks. This is about the only silver lining I can see at the moment... :smirk:

Oh, so I'm in Memphis, and just saw that the weather in the UK has finally warmed up. Typical!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    goal of the year so far

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    And for Moke, not that I'm throwing down the gauntlet in some I told you so way, but everything that we've disagreed about regarding where Arsenal have been heading seems to have panned-out more like I cynically saw things. Not that I'm happy about it.!
    Hmm..

I remember a month or two ago you being all excited about this coming season, whilst it was pretty obvious we were doomed.
    I also remember you saying bringing in a German would fix our defence. That's not working out too well.
    Beyond that you'll have to remind me, as I don't really know what you're talking about.

I think Arsenal will struggle to make the Champions League this year which is a shame. No fear of relegation but losing Cesc and Nasri can't be fixed instantly. Hero time for the n00bs.