July Finds

Comments

• i stand corrected, there are still some records in mtl.

can a guy holleur at that zoo lp?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    i stand corrected, there are still some records in mtl.

can a guy holleur at that zoo lp?

haha thrillingly cheap too if you get my drift
    unfortunately its a keeper

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    pcmr...hows the vieux show son?? break on it but not that good, right?
    who threw that sticker over the best part of the cover?!!??
    i always meant to get that record just for the, well.....nevermind

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    stopped by a thrift in the late afternoon and left pretty happy

Marvin is sealed

never seen this Sharon Cash before. acetate is from 1989 and some electro rap from Dallas. haven't been able to ID it yet...

Titus Oates jacket is shredded but wax is NM. Budweiser Finals LP ;)

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    that's a good thrift haul

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Jspr said:
    Drove to a countryside fleamarket and found some stuff

Hi!

Whats that Choralerna LP like? I had one of their albums ages ago. It was a bonafied terd.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    pcmr...hows the vieux show son?? break on it but not that good, right?
    who threw that sticker over the best part of the cover?!!??
    i always meant to get that record just for the, well.....nevermind

vieux show sale = dirty old rotten show

the break is cool (not great drums but a long moody loop)
    however the rest is trash especially if you don't speak french and don't appreciate plume's drunken ramblings
    i had sold my copy but got this one because of the sticker (kids one day) and the break

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    behemoth said:

never seen this Sharon Cash before.

The Sharon Cash has a dope version of "Fever" on it that Just Blaze sampled for Ghostface "The Champ". Good find.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Goodwill finds from today. They were putting them out as I walked in. 50 cents a piece. Nothing special but everything is MINT and looks unplayed.
    The Gene Pitney is for my mother, don't get it twisted.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

Strictly mailbox.. as usual.

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Nice finds gravelheadwrap!

Just picked up 5 copies of this at a local thrift:

listen here

They were all in a bag together and it doesn't look like any of them have been played.
    PM if anyone wants to trade for something

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Nice finds gravelheadwrap!

Just picked up 5 copies of this at a local thrift:

listen here

They were all in a bag together and it doesn't look like any of them have been played.
    PM if anyone wants to trade for something

I'm game -- I found some Reggae doubles (Babylon scores again!) .... Disco as well if this don't float your boat.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    a couple of condition upgrades & some new additions :D

• gravelheadwrap said:

Is there anything else good on this apart from Eu Quero Ser Teu Rei? I've never got round to picking it up...

b/w

10 (deadstock) copies of this joint just landed at my doorstep:

• sellout1sellout1 83 Posts
    found eight mint copies on german flea market, pm me for trades

Attached files

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    sellout1 said:
    found eight mint copies on german flea market, pm me for trades

ugh craziness... been lookin for this for a minute

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    djmario said:
    gravelheadwrap said:

Is there anything else good on this apart from Eu Quero Ser Teu Rei? I've never got round to picking it up...

b/w

10 (deadstock) copies of this joint just landed at my doorstep:

Not particularly, no. There are easy to find MP3s online I've seen recently if you're curious though!

• gravelheadwrap said:
    Not particularly, no. There are easy to find MP3s online I've seen recently if you're curious though!

As I thought really, I have a 45 with Eu Quero Ser... on it and that does it for me.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    Jspr said:
    Cosmophonic said:
    Jspr said:
    Drove to a countryside fleamarket and found some stuff

Hi!

Whats that Choralerna LP like? I had one of their albums ages ago. It was a bonafied terd.

Pretty average Swedish gospel rock. Basically a terd.

The track with the drum break is just about tolerable...

• dopeshitdopeshit 134 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Been trying to get out but she keeps calling me back!
    FUCK YOU CRUEL MISTRESS!!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    an accumulation i finally got a chance to look at. ended up leaving with one thing. guy was mad. but i wasn't.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    July's field work (and an e-dig on the Steve Reid)...
    The 'umsons & draussen 1976' LP (right from the Callender LP) is a concert registration with bands like Missus Beastly, Embryo, Real a band. Recommended!
    The Blue Feather/feather funk LP has some modern boogie killers on it.
    If anyone's interested in the Tim & Foty (Youtube: Douala by night): that's my spare one, so you can PM for trades.

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    behemoth said:
    an accumulation i finally got a chance to look at. ended up leaving with one thing. guy was mad. but i wasn't.

Nice Score, I'm In Pittsburgh (and it's humid)

Here's what I found yesterday arahnd tahn,

Corchado was a pleasant surprise!

Groov-U is a local Burgh Soul Cover Band on Gateway Records featuring a member of the Skyliners and Tommy James and the Shondells. Here are two of the better tracks.

Scratch My Back

Cold Sweat

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    willisread said:
    tokyobeats said:
    willisread said:
    karlophone said:
    maru said:
    wow. that's a pretty decent price. was it clean?

1K is a decent price for Marijata? i guess that makes sense. i figured it was either in the ballpark, or sorta high. No i didnt pull it out to look, i knew it wouldnt make a difference personally. though i could tell the cover was in quite nice shape. plus i didnt want to accidentally ding it or something. it felt weird for it to just be banging around in the bins in the first place.

Yep...was there last Monday and saw it in the bins...was also kinda shocked to see a 100,000 yen joint in the bins just chillin...anyway it was pretty dope to see an original copy as well. gotta love Tokyo

LOL to the BIN comments, as we are well aware that the only bins that be had in Tokyo are 100yen and basically full of turds.....

ehhh, you know what i was getting at...just surprised nobody'd picked it up yet thats all. yeah basically nothing but chud in bins here anyway...smh. anyway on another tip, that blackman record was a re-ish...

for the record i didnt mean anything negative by saying "bin" - i just meant, you know, the record racks as opposed to the wall (by the way the wall was half empty so i guess a lot of new gems sold that day before i showed up). anyway if theres something insulting about saying "bins" in Tokyo i didnt mean it and am sorry.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    Been trying to get out but she keeps calling me back!
    FUCK YOU CRUEL MISTRESS!!

Nice pick ups! That comp in the upper left has some heavy shit on it. "Mariana Soba" is pure monkey-sound craziness!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    gravelheadwrap said:

Strictly mailbox.. as usual.

How do you like this? b/w Your package goes out on monday since I've been out of town.

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    karlophone said:

for the record i didnt mean anything negative by saying "bin" - i just meant, you know, the record racks as opposed to the wall (by the way the wall was half empty so i guess a lot of new gems sold that day before i showed up). anyway if theres something insulting about saying "bins" in Tokyo i didnt mean it and am sorry.

not insulting at all, was just amused

they are what they are, best your'e keeping it simple! i agree with you, I'm just overcomplicating a simple definition.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    ok July finds for me consists of sifting thru the immense collection of an ex radio DJ(i think)/activist type person. ill never know the full story as this is filtered through "sons" who arent actually related so there may be shadiness involved. But the actual original owner has passed away, that much im pretty sure of. They gotta clean out a house full of stuff etc. definitely more to come on this one, they got many boxes more of 12"s and 45s to go. Also a few splurges from recent Tokyo visit - sick folkways, Rodriguez, and Deacon Witherspoon 45. and the BT Express 45, cheap from the endless confusing recofan racks.