Stutters getting married

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Congrats to newlyweds. And anniversaries!
    Aint love grand?

PS: I know for a fact that the reason that Tom wanted to keep this out of the strut is that the request list he gave Cosmo contained the Chicken Dance.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    TheeeCasualMale said:
    This thread got incredibly lame incredibly quickly.

I'm ecstatic to be spending the rest of my life with the most outstanding woman I know. I don't know what the fuck the rest of y'all are talkin about.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Honestly, I'd love to congratulate two strutters on their marriage if I knew who they were.

This thread(and the last one about the same topic) was pretty weird to begin with.... Strutters got married but I can't tell you who they are and their weddings were amazing but I can't tell you why or else it might divulge who got married.

Yea, I ignored the insiders-only aspect and zero'ed in on whether the Board was match-making with very successful results - ooh la la!
    My guess is that it would have been a true congratulatory thread had it been about specific people - we have been capable of such a thing before.
    Given it was just a general shout-out, it left it wide open to all of us clearly miserable and doomed singles.

Even dogs are doing it??

• im convinced!

who wants to marry me?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    meistromoco said:

congrats Mike!

congrats Tom!

My best wishes to both you guys!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    mazel tov Mike!

mazel tov Tom!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    meistromoco said:

congrats Mike!

congrats Tom!

Congrats to you and yours!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    edith head said:
    Herm said:

(Side note: It'd be cool if we could tag people on here like we can on Facebook. Not to turn this into that, it's just that it be nice to alert another Strutter to a post within a thread. Too many posters and threads these days to browse 'em all.)

i think that's a terrible idea. i'm glad you can't tag people in threads out of respect for their privacy, especially since this thread got really weird.

Well, I mean more in a "Hey, this is an interesting thread! I bet *tagged Strutter* would enjoy this." or "I believe *tagged Strutter* has that record. Maybe he can shed some light." Threads often take crazy turns (case in point) and you can't always tell what's within by the subject title. Plus there's just way too many posts these days to keep up and not everybody has the time to check the board daily. It's pretty much just a way for us to alert and be alerted to topics or conversations that could be missed.

I don't know...just a thought.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Hahaha, or you could email or message a link to those people so that stuff doesn't appear on their walls for everyone to see.

edith head said:
    Hahaha, or you could email or message a link to those people so that stuff doesn't appear on their walls for everyone to see.

True.

AwwwD, did you think I meant it would show up on their Facebook wall? I just meant that it would be similar. Basically, in my mindgarden, tagging someone in a Strut thread would simply trigger an email or PM to that person, thus eliminating the need for us to send a link ourselves.

• soulstrut pokes!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    oh shit!! vintage infants....NORTH by NORTHWEST!!!! that was bugging me, havent seen that classic in decades.

and for real for real...congratulations to both betrothed...having strutters dj at the wedding = superb (at least when we're talkin cosmo and damien).

all side comments aside, its great when people make big moves like this based on love.
    MOSELTOF!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Herm said:
    AwwwD, did you think I meant it would show up on their Facebook wall? I just meant that it would be similar. Basically, in my mindgarden, tagging someone in a Strut thread would simply trigger an email or PM to that person, thus eliminating the need for us to send a link ourselves.

well yeah because tagging is part of the fb culture and it usually makes stuff appear involuntarily on someone's wall for everyone to see.

anyway, i really don't see what the big deal is about copying a pasting a url into a private email it to send someone. it takes less than 30 seconds.

• crawdawgcrawdawg 16 Posts
    this thread has to be some of the smuggest shit I've ever read.
    the little gyniee tingle remarks coming from bitches are fair enough, but the rest of you dudes are on some gay schitt.

edith head said:
    Herm said:

well yeah because tagging is part of the fb culture and it usually makes stuff appear involuntarily on someone's wall for everyone to see.

anyway, i really don't see what the big deal is about copying a pasting a url into a private email it to send someone. it takes less than 30 seconds.

Yeah, it's not really a big deal. Just thought it'd be a cool, fun feature. I like Facebook's new(ish) "tagging within a status update thread" feature 'cause it's fun and a (slight) time saver. Just thought maybe that idea could work well here too.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Did AK get married? She's the only girl strutter I dont know anything about. Cmon let us in in the celebration!!!

Mazel Tom and Mike.

If you can find love at Scribble Jam you can find love on Soulstrut ;)

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Welcome back.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn, I just wanted to holler at some folks I love and, not only was I fortunate to be among them on such a special day, but also to just have them in my lives. No more, no less. This thread kinda turned into a clusterfuck but I'm not gonna let that derail how I feel about the people I feel that way about.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i think if people wanna show their love to the world by getting married, then that's on them and i have no problem with it.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    djanna said:
    Did AK get married? She's the only girl strutter I dont know anything about. Cmon let us in in the celebration!!!

Mazel Tom and Mike.

If you can find love at Scribble Jam you can find love on Soulstrut ;)

yup. tom and ak...wedded awesomeness.
    i was just kindof half reading this whole thread and i laughed when i realized no one had mentioned the lovely couple yet. fuck it, i'll suffer the wrath ifn i got to. i loves both of them. these two are gonna redefine the whole institution of marriage.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    djanna said:

Okee dokee! Hey everybody greetings from beautiful Cartagena, Colombia! I'm with 13 amazing women in a mansion in the walled city about to have lobster! Just logged in to check a message from a nice strutter who sent a nice suggestion about the Barranquilla region and I happened to see this thread. Thanks!

Hi Cosmo I love you! Hope you are well.

Listen kids Possum Tom Delay and I are married. And we were first introduced to each other by Cosmo when he and I were DJ-ing together in nyc in 2006 and Tom came through to say hi. Then we met again randomly when I went to say hello to Johnny at Good Records several years ago and the rest is history. We did not meet here on soul strut, dudes, we met in real life.

But we do happen to both be members of this board, him since the dawn of time, me, not so long as he. Anyhow, whatever, we are private like all of you and yet we have many real life friends on this board, many of whom I have known since I was a child and/or teenager before the internet and so forth, many of whom were at our wedding.

All the love is much appreciated. Truly. So it's really rather straightforward and wonderful like any expression of real love is. He doesn't enjoy or react well when pushed for info, who does? So be it. And there's not much more to it to share that isn't our own to keep.

Except that yes our wedding was the shit. And we have lived happily with a lot of records for a while. And I welcome any wishes of love and positivity. For all of you whatever your views are about life and love, marriage and all other matters, things of this nature are different for everyone but I wish you all love, peace and happiness in your lives. Your real lives.

Buenos noches!!!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    AKallDay said:
    djanna said:

Okee dokee! Hey everybody greetings from beautiful Cartagena, Colombia! I'm with 13 amazing women in a mansion in the walled city about to have lobster! Just logged in to check a message from a nice strutter who sent a nice suggestion about the Barranquilla region and I happened to see this thread. Thanks!

Hi Cosmo I love you! Hope you are well.

Listen kids Possum Tom Delay and I are married. And we were first introduced to each other by Cosmo when he and I were DJ-ing together in nyc in 2006 and Tom came through to say hi. Then we met again randomly when I went to say hello to Johnny at Good Records several years ago and the rest is history. We did not meet here on soul strut, dudes, we met in real life.

But we do happen to both be members of this board, him since the dawn of time, me, not so long as he. Anyhow, whatever, we are private like all of you and yet we have many real life friends on this board, many of whom I have known since I was a child and/or teenager before the internet and so forth, many of whom were at our wedding.

All the love is much appreciated. Truly. So it's really rather straightforward and wonderful like any expression of real love is. He doesn't enjoy or react well when pushed for info, who does? So be it. And there's not much more to it to share that isn't our own to keep.

Except that yes our wedding was the shit. And we have lived happily with a lot of records for a while. And I welcome any wishes of love and positivity. For all of you whatever your views are about life and love, marriage and all other matters, things of this nature are different for everyone but I wish you all love, peace and happiness in your lives. Your real lives.

Buenos noches!!!

^^^ thats my wife and my best friend. I miss her a lot right now.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    never met AK, and PT only briefly, but hey, huge congrats y'all!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Congrats to Tom and AK and to Mike.

Awesome thread.

• Good stuff.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Congrats to Tom and AK and to Mike.

Don't know any of y'all, but congrats!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Aww... Imagine the beautiful record collection they will make together.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    never met PT, and AK only briefly, but hey, huge congrats y'all!

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    I'm a stranger to you all as well, but I think this is a great story and I send my regards and congrats to the happy couples.

Harvey's just mad he wasn't invited. :grin: