Stutters getting married

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
Was at one Stutter's wedding last night. Don't know if I'm supposed to blow up the spot or not but it was fucking AWESOME.

Also was at a wedding where 2 strutters tied the knot about a month ago or so. Still not sure if it's supposed to be common knowledge but that was TOTALLY AWESOME.

Strutters getting all married and shit.

Comments

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    grown man bidnuss!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Cosmo said:

Also was at a wedding where 2 strutters tied the knot about a month ago or so.

Am I reading this correctly? ...to each other? Did they meet on the Board?

• there was a ghost thread on this like a month ago. it either got edited or pulled within hours of it being posted.

the suspense has been KILLING me.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    bassie said:
    Cosmo said:

I heard Freakytracey introduced them...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    bassie said:
    Cosmo said:

Yes. To each other. And apparently I was the one who introduced them to one another

And there were several Strutters in attendance that night, including the DJ for the reception.

A bunch of Strutters were in the house last night as well.

vintageinfants said:
    there was a ghost thread on this like a month ago. it either got edited or pulled within hours of it being posted.

Yeah that was my thread but I took the names down cause like I didn't know if people wanted me to blow up their spots or not. So I'm patiently waiting... But for the record both weddings were fucking AWESOME.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    So, what was so amazing? I'm in the midst of planning a wedding and trying to make it amazing.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    CBear said:
    So, what was so amazing? I'm in the midst of planning a wedding and trying to make it amazing.

to make it amazing, just add strutters. Secret ingredient to a wedding? I think not.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Just celebrated my 10 year anniversary.

:get_on_my_level:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Was at one Stutter's wedding last night. Don't know if I'm supposed to blow up the spot or not but it was fucking AWESOME.

Oh man, I bet those wedding invitations were super dope!

Like this one my compa Daze had Mike Giant design for him 3 years ago (Giant also performed the ceremony):

The script and handstyles on the back are incredible too, but blurring/blacking out the names and addresses won't do it justice.

(Side note: It'd be cool if we could tag people on here like we can on Facebook. Not to turn this into that, it's just that it be nice to alert another Strutter to a post within a thread. Too many posters and threads these days to browse 'em all.)

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I'm starting to think about marriage more, but only as a financial gain.
    I can't seem to join your cult.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    RAJ said:

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Hi cosmo

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    And Cosmo/ayres DJ'ed my wedding!

• I can proudly say, from first hand experience, that Cosmo Baker is the absolute finest wedding DJ one could ever hope to hear.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Both my sisters have gotten hitched in the last year. Not my bag, been there, done that, will not repeat. But good on everyone taking the plunge.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    RAJ said:

X 2.5

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    coffinjoe said:
    RAJ said:

X 2.5

Whoa, congrats! I'm four years in and loving it.

Whoever the strut love birds are, congrats! You must name your first born Pap.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    TheeeCasualMale said:
    I can proudly say, from first hand experience, that Cosmo Baker is the absolute finest wedding DJ one could ever hope to hear.

i'll second that.

and whenever 2 amazing people get married, its guaranteed to be an amazing wedding...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    11 years in for me. I think you get less time for doing manslaughter these days? ;)

Congrats and all that to whoever it may be. I want to see RAJ-sponsored mass-SS-shirt-flossing pics or it didn't happen...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Congrats to all those who have found happiness. I deejayed my best friends engagement party this past weekend...had a blast and am extremely happy for my buddy as his fiance is truly awesome for him.

But at the same time, and definitely this is coming from a recently single perspective...but DAMN! What's up with everyone being so utterly desperate for long-term relationships/marriage? Has it always been like this? I mean, I myself was caught up for like 20 years straight...but it just seems like I'm noticing recently in others a whole 'nother level of all-too-eagerly wanting to handcuff themselves to the arm/hip of another, to the point of blatant unhealthy obsession.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Congrats to all those who have found happiness. I deejayed my best friends engagement party this past weekend...had a blast and am extremely happy for my buddy as his fiance is truly awesome for him.

But at the same time, and definitely this is coming from a recently single perspective...but DAMN! What's up with everyone being so utterly desperate for long-term relationships/marriage? Has it always been like this? I mean, I myself was caught up for like 20 years straight...but it just seems like I'm noticing recently in others a whole 'nother level of all-too-eagerly wanting to handcuff themselves to the arm/hip of another, to the point of blatant unhealthy obsession.
    Sounds like something for another thread. Possibly titled: "personal Problems"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    HarveyCanal said:

What would be my problem? I'm straight, as comfortable and well-adjusted as I've been in years...which has allowed me to see how koo-koo for magic shackles others around me have become. And I'm talking all ages here, not just those of us who are now turning gray.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    Sounds like something for another thread.
    Yup.

Possum Tom said:
    HarveyCanal said:

lol - perhaps you are a recent groom?

Obviously, folks should do what makes them happy???or think will make them happy. Sometimes you never know til you???re in it, and that goes for both a life dedicated to singledom or one in search of a forever match.

(Mainstream/Western) Wedding culture is really strange???right down to this idea that it is her day. Is it her marriage, too?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    bassie said:
    Possum Tom said:
    HarveyCanal said:

lol - perhaps you are a recent groom?

Obviously, folks should do what makes them happy???or think will make them happy. Sometimes you never know til you???re in it, and that goes for both a life dedicated to singledom or one in search of a forever match.

(Mainstream/Western) Wedding culture is really strange???right down to this idea that it is her day. Is it her marriage, too?

I would like to think arranged marriages are pretty strange also...I dont think any part of the globe has a lock on "strange" when it comes to wedding culture.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    I would like to think arranged marriages are pretty strange also...I dont think any part of the globe has a lock on "strange" when it comes to wedding culture.

Seriously.....I wouldn't let my folks pick out my clothes, let alone the person I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

My wife and I celebrated our 32nd anniversary last week....and we've known each other since the 4th grade.

Marriage takes work and is definitely not suited to the selfish.

I may not agree with the concept, but arranged marriages make sense to me as far as practicality goes - it is definitely a different approach to marriage and the purpose it serves.

But I was talking about weddings, not marriages. A few of my guy friends here have gotten married in the past couple of years, and their weddings have ranged from small under $30K affairs to one that spent about as much on the tables alone and has a Taschen-quality book as the album. No matter how lavish or modest, the pressure to achieve a look and incorporate elements that seem totally arbitrary and magazine/TV-delegated is nuts to me.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    bassie said:
    I may not agree with the concept, but arranged marriages make sense to me as far as practicality goes - it is definitely a different approach to marriage and the purpose it serves.

But I was talking about weddings, not marriages. A few of my guy friends here have gotten married in the past couple of years, and their weddings have ranged from small under $30K affairs to one that spent about as much on the tables alone and has a Taschen-quality book as the album. No matter how lavish or modest, the pressure to achieve a look and incorporate elements that seem totally arbitrary and magazine/TV-delegated is nuts to me.

Both of my daughters have a standing offer from me of $1,000 to elope.

$30K is a downpayment on a house, not gonna spend that to entertain a bunch of people for a few hours that I otherwise wouldn't invite to my home.

I understand why you think this is silly...because it is.

I'd love to hear the practicality and sanity of having someone else choose who you'll spend your life with.