usernames revealed!

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    My real name is Lee.

Its a combo of Mr Lee by The Bobbettes and Dr Lee PHD by The Beasties.

C'est tout.

Huh. Given his Bruce Lee fandom and academic experience, I always just assumed you were an ODub alias.

I was going to go with my DJ name (Grandpa Jesus), but it had already been taken

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    My real name is Lee.

Its a combo of Mr Lee by The Bobbettes and Dr Lee PHD by The Beasties.

C'est tout.

Huh. Given his Bruce Lee fandom and academic experience, I always just assumed you were an ODub alias.

I was going to go with my DJ name (Grandpa Jesus), but it had already been taken

Just to be clear, in no way did I actually believe this. :hi:

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    A good friend was in town and he was asking if any new worthwhile BBQ spots had opened around NYC. I get pretty snobby about southern food made up here, and I told him that I thought it was "cute" when northerners try to make southern food. He responded, "possum Tom over here..."

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    A good friend was in town and he was asking if any new worthwhile BBQ spots had opened around NYC. I get pretty snobby about southern food made up here, and I told him that I thought it was "cute" when northerners try to make southern food. He responded, "possum Tom over here..."

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Dan Akroyd on SNL: "No ifs, ands, or buts - you're spending the night with... Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute."

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Manny Bolone put out a semi-obscure boogaloo album (see my icon) and I've always liked names that sound like they're a baseball nickname: "batting third in the line-up, second baseman, Manny Bolone..."

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    tripledouble said:
    from my style of play on the basketball court...double digits in fouls, turnovers and bricks
    jus playing...i used to pretty good when i played a lot. inside outside game, strong d, talk a lot of yap. working on getting it all back now.

Hey Tony,

I hear you, man!!! I'll be sure to bring my ball sneakers the next time I'm down in Illadelphia, so I can show you how Central Jerz gets down. My username is my produce/DJ name, which describes my record collection.

bring it!! i refuse to get schooled by a tenured professor
    ive been going to the park across the street everyday since the game the sixers beat the heat...mostly just getting the feel back. havent run full yet, but its on the short term agenda to get the wind back. give a holler stax!

Hey Tony,

I hear you, mane, but don't let the books fool you. Ha! Ha! Ha! Stacks' got game!!! I've been balling lately too. I might walk around the corner in a few minutes and school the young bucks at the park near my crib. Definitely, I'll holla at you when I'm down in Philly (hit me with your number in the PMs and I'll do the same), and I'll have my gear with me. I'm looking forward to it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak (Patrick)

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    a soulstrut streetball game would be ill. i serve up hot dishes like a short-order cook.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    a soulstrut streetball game would be ill. i serve up hot dishes like a short-order cook.

Hey VintageInfants,

I'll put you on punishment in the paint like your pops!!! My record collection isn't the only thing big about me. :lol: I know how to through my weight around in the box. Ya heard!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakaklak

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    Massive Attack > Mezzanine > Track 2

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    i don't touch the paint like it's wet. come see me out in the triple area.

vintageinfants said:
    i don't touch the paint like it's wet. come see me out in the triple area.

Nah man, you can have it up top. My days of defending the perimenter are done. I left that back in my former 'point guard era.'

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yo that would be some crazy shit if we had a soulstrut pick up game. who else on here plays ball? i remember reading posts of people talking about playing highschool, d2 maybe even d1. i forget who. i know theres a couple tall ass folks on here tho.

tripledouble said:
    yo that would be some crazy shit if we had a soulstrut pick up game. who else on here plays ball? i remember reading posts of people talking about playing highschool, d2 maybe even d1. i forget who. i know theres a couple tall ass folks on here tho.

Hey,

I'm 6'2" and a dog in the painted area!!! Those 'old man' post moves can't be fusked with!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    My middle name is C'Bear.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    It was the name of a clubnight/radio show I was involved with. Sounds like a drain cleaner to me now.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    My strut name is my real-world name.

Flomotion said:
    Sounds like a drain cleaner to me now.

Don't sell yourself short.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    SLurg doesn't mean anything. I've been using this name publicly since 1990 when I joined a radio station that had a strict policy of no real name on air. SLurg is the name I was writting on the walls back then, I simply liked those letters. I now use it online and in real life, Even on my resume.

Okem said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    vintageinfants said:
    vintageinfants said:
    mine is actually pretty dumb. in my previous life as a jock, i would only wear number 6, superstition n' that. my first dj gig, i went by the roman numeral.... VI, which got little to no attention, so it got lengthened to 'vintageinfants' to show my love of juxtaposition (ha!).

in the sparse dj gigs since then, ive never used the same name twice, for no other reason that i liked coming up with dj names.

other monikers included phallic baldwin, girth brooks, flirt reynolds, keffah sutherland, dj tanner, etc. etc. etc....

someone sent me a list a while back of other names used by yrs truly:

Trilly wonka
    David cop-a-feel
    Jude Lawrys
    Vaseline dion
    Jean claude trans am
    Floss gellar
    Gnarly sheen
    Menace eckersley

I did the same sort of thing back when I used to write for Vice.

Gaseous Clay
    Retardo Montalban
    Suge Nightlight
    Ha ha. These are great. Although I'm easily impressed as I truly suck at coming up with a good nom de plume. I generally end up calling myself something unintentionally derogatory. words are not my friends.

Ricardo Montalpron

• I went to a small high school in Indiana (graduating class 80 people) and I was the only Shawn so I would sign all my papers as a variation of presidents names: Shawmas Jefferson, William Jeffershawn Clinton, Shawn Quincy Adams etc. Shawnald Reagan sounded the best, and eventually a few people called me that. It still makes me laugh.
    Oddly enough, my first name is Jaroslaw.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    1) I bought it off of eBay when I did a search for "45 funk" and "boobs large"
    2) Boobs Large was taken
    3) a combination of my name and a reference to the music of New Orleans via food, which ended up sounding like the Hawaiian pidgin term for someone who is a liar

4) Obtained it as part of a taco de tripa special at my local taco truck spot

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    RAJ said:

spelled the indian way to confuse people.

Raj, i saw this in Tokyo a few weeks back, wondered if it was connected or a coincidence.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    karl is me. liked how it worked with Parlophone (the label name). chose it for my musician name.

also i like how its sort of like an instrument name - a saxophone, sousaphone, etc. ergo, karlophone is the instrument that allows you to hear karl.

• vinegarvinegar 56 Posts
    In real life i'm kind of misantrop guy and most of people
    would tell you i am a jerk. But in the same time they need
    me to cook good salads.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

karlophone said:
    karlophone is the instrument that allows you to hear karl.

I am feeling this on some pretty heavy levels.

• I eat too much sugar I sweat. Simple. I used to post here under the name Know Knaime. Pretty self explainitory.

• My is Dan. Sometimes people call me Danno. I don't remember why I used "3000".