usernames revealed!

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    bon vi??vant (b?? v-v??)
    n. pl. bons vi??vants (b?? v-v??)
    A person with refined taste, especially one who enjoys superb food and drink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dat's me!

• After repeated attempts to get another username I came up with this one.

After the band on my favourite soundtrack - Gordon's War.

Anyone know if they did anything else??
    Never heard anything else about them..

• marwal_bustmarwal_bust 195 Posts
    low postz inspire me to post and not be insecure...love polynesian shit so I am I be:
    http://goodfun-tokyo.img.jugem.jp/20110117_1841685.jpg

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    My disdain for a,e,i,o,u. J/k those two mixtapes are ill.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts

Check the braeks at 3:51. Wowzers.

Kindly,
    parallax

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    from my style of play on the basketball court...double digits in fouls, turnovers and bricks
    jus playing...i used to pretty good when i played a lot. inside outside game, strong d, talk a lot of yap. working on getting it all back now.

Hey Tony,

I hear you, man!!! I'll be sure to bring my ball sneakers the next time I'm down in Illadelphia, so I can show you how Central Jerz gets down. My username is my producer/DJ name, which describes my record collection.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• johnblackjohnblack 147 Posts
    Given to me by my brother (who for some reason was watching a lot of Days of our Lives in the late 80's) sometime around '90.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I choose a shitty name for exclusive use on whatever message board I'm on. I try not to use names in more than one e-place, lest I become some lame internet superhero wannabe weirdo.

The Duke Of Delridge is a nickname for the lead singer of The Accused, Seattle splatterrock pioneers. I had just glanced at the back of a record when I signed up on el Strut, and boom I stole it.

It doesn't matter what name you choose, your styles will become apparent if you post enough.

I also DJ under the name Grandpa Jesus, so it was a natural choice.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    Means nothing, I decided to use it when I joined my first internet forum.
    I usually DJ under the name of Grandpa Jesus

dukeofdelridge said:
    It doesn't matter what name you choose, your styles will become apparent if you post enough.

I also DJ under the name Grandpa Jesus, so it was a natural choice.

??

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    My Graff Name and Dj Moniker is Katmando, so the user Name is more or less a phonetic whatever. Just because I forgot my first password when I signed in as Charles Latin (read with french accent).

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    At the time that I first registered here, I didn't want to use my ebay name, and Ozwaldo Von Funkelhoffer wouldn't fit.
    After the most recent site revamp, we were breifly able to change our usernames, but M*ther-F*cking Spoon-Bending Gigantor Vision seemed to mess with the page layout, so that bit the dust too.

DJ Grandpa Jesus Is Ill.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    young einstein is the professional stage name i use in my band ugly duckling.
    you can find the real me(rodney pleasant jr) here.
    http://www.facebook.com/rodneypleasant

peace, stein. . .

• I live in Poland and named myself after my favourite local culinary combo.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    my favourite franco-japanese coproduction cartoon of all time (along with the other jean chalopin masterpieces - inspector gadget, mysterious cities of gold, et al.)

i'm a tiny weeny bit french (mostly brit tho bruv) so it seems appropriate.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    My name is Swedish for "Softy" or something like that - I've never used it for anything else, but I thought it'd be funny to choose a name that's semi-pronouncable in english, but with a hidden meaning. Also as the polar opposite of a "badass" nickname. If I were to choose a name today, it'd probably be "Saitham", a music-making alias of mine and my real name backwards (almost).

AndreBreton said:
    One of my old street names. I'm yet to meet a cop who knows the real Andre Breton.
    The day you do, it'll be a surreal experience!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Mjukis said:
    My name is Swedish for "Softy" or something like that - I've never used it for anything else, but I thought it'd be funny to choose a name that's semi-pronouncable in english, but with a hidden meaning.

I mean this with all due respect and not to make fun at your expense but I'm not sure if you're aware that if you do pronounce your alias in English, it is phonetically very close, if not almost indistinguishable to the word "mucus"...

Why not go all the way and rock a matching avatar:

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    grandparents & mum are from Hamelin and while still Djing D&B in the late 90 I used it as DJ name and had a trademark 7inch piedpiper of Hamelin record that I frequently used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied_Piper_of_Hamelin

• Taken from a Smiley Culture lyric... Lurked for years, joined following his recent death... Didn't think I'd ever post again, stuck with it now..

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    I have many names
    damms (da mean mugging scapegoat) is one of them
    it's just a made up title that sounds cool and bad ass

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

I am baffled by the fact that the writer of that sign omitted every article except one. Maybe he included it just to show us that he knew they existed?

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    A.K.= my initials

all day = all day erry day, i don't know what else to say

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    tribute to Thephilous Beckford

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Been registering as Junior on forums since I first got bored at work back around 2002. Was the logical choice when I signed up here around six and a half years ago though would probably not now pick it if I had the inclination to register anywhere new.

Sadly in all these years I've never been able to come up with a witty or interesting reason for using it beyond that it was university nickname that stuck and seemed strangely appropriate. Sorry.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    i smoke wet ... duh

:bizzo:

Frank said:
    Mjukis said:
    My name is Swedish for "Softy" or something like that - I've never used it for anything else, but I thought it'd be funny to choose a name that's semi-pronouncable in english, but with a hidden meaning.

I mean this with all due respect and not to make fun at your expense but I'm not sure if you're aware that if you do pronounce your alias in English, it is phonetically very close, if not almost indistinguishable to the word "mucus"...

Why not go all the way and rock a matching avatar:

Yeah, that was my thought exactly - that it would be pronounced as "Mucus". I liked the contrast between the different meanings of the two words I guess. I would but the "Nattmara" LP cover is too good to replace... I get to rep two of my favourite Swedes, synthdude Ralph Lundsten and master illustrator Hans Arnold.

Plus, you know, I get off on the whole monster women with tentacles thing.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Junior said:
    Been registering as Junior on forums since I first got bored at work back around 2002. Was the logical choice when I signed up here around six and a half years ago though would probably not now pick it if I had the inclination to register anywhere new.

Sadly in all these years I've never been able to come up with a witty or interesting reason for using it beyond that it was university nickname that stuck and seemed strangely appropriate. Sorry.

Wait - you're not Senior? I thought the guy who used to post as Senior became Junior...?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    bassie said:
    Junior said:

Wait - you're not Senior? I thought the guy who used to post as Senior became Junior...?

Nope though I did use to post on here under the username Pap way back in the day.*

*This is a lie. Yep I was/am Senior. I started off as Junior on here for a couple of years and then, when the big name change sweep happened, I switched to Senior. Never sat comfortably with my juvenile mind though so I switched back to Junior when the board changed over. Still have to log in as Senior though which doesn't help the state of confusion.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i drink it