The Sound Of Siam (First Asian Soundway Comp)

uttersutters 321 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
sorry if I am requiring the latte pass but... I got given this on double vinyl for xmas:

http://www.soundwayrecords.com/catalogue/the-sound-of-siam.html

THIS SHIT IS BLOWING MAH MIND

Anyone else feeling this? Or know some good youtube clips of this kind of thing?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    There's three thai funk comps that Light In the Attic helped do US distro for. All three orig came out in 2009 with custom packaging; check for it.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    thanks

I've also got this finders keepers 'pomegranates' comp waiting to be listened to

I think i'm a bit in love with the whole 'exotic-microtonal-singing-over-funky-backing-tracks' thing at the moment

• mannybolone said:
    There's three thai funk comps that Light In the Attic helped do US distro for. All three orig came out in 2009 with custom packaging; check for it.

You mean the 'Thai Beat a-Go-Go' comps?

They're awesome, but not funk at all.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• mannybolone said:

You're right, Sublime Frequencies did the TBGGs on vinyl.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    wow, the packaging on the Thai comps is amazing

as they like to say in brazil- ROOTS

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    wow, this is ill. thanks utters

• utters said:

I've also got this finders keepers 'pomegranates' comp waiting to be listened to
    Highly highly recommended - but the vinyl pressing sounds like :talib: get the cd pressing instead.

• Horseleech said:
    mannybolone said:

You mean the 'Thai Beat a-Go-Go' comps?

They're awesome, but not funk at all.
    Yep, but half the artist/track names are wrong. A bit annoying.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    sound of siam is just absolutely amazing!

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    jimey said:
    sound of siam is just absolutely amazing!
    Agreed! This comp has been ruling my world lately.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I bought this comp on impulse. Pretty sick!

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    bobtheorange said:
    utters said:

Highly highly recommended - but the vinyl pressing sounds like :talib: get the cd pressing instead.

Good looking out. I've been wanting to get that, guess I'll get the cd instead.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    not feeling pomegranates so much actually, the siam comp is all I need right now!

• jmac1234jmac1234 2 Posts
    Hi All Just joined Soul Strut. Am also digging on the 'Sound of Siam' and 'Thai Dai' comps.

Also discovered this the other day, an online store in Bangkok selling original Thai vinyl, some of which are on those comps.

Check it out!

www.zudrangmarecords.com