usernames revealed!

Comments

• AndreBretonAndreBreton 344 Posts
    One of my old street names. I'm yet to meet a cop who knows the real Andre Breton.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    from my style of play on the basketball court...double digits in fouls, turnovers and bricks
    jus playing...i used to pretty good when i played a lot. inside outside game, strong d, talk a lot of yap. working on getting it all back now.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    My real name is Lee.

Its a combo of Mr Lee by The Bobbettes and Dr Lee PHD by The Beasties.

C'est tout.

Huh. Given his Bruce Lee fandom and academic experience, I always just assumed you were an ODub alias.

lol, i am officially Dr. Lee Ph.D. that seems redundant tho.

my name is just my first name with ulus at the end. sounds cool, my opinion anyways.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    kvh was a former sixer who i couldn't stand. no real reason behind the name at all except to humor myself at the time.

Haha, I was wondering about this. I remember him from his time as a Net and I couldn't stand him either. He always looked like he was going to fall asleep during a game.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    I came into a giant bag of live dungenness crabs.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Name of the record label I ran from 1988-2008

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I'm from New Zealand. I spent a good part of my life travelling. A friend referred to me as a shadow and it stuck. It made sense at the time.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    I'm from New Zealand. I spent a good part of my life travelling. A friend referred to me as a shadow and it stuck. It made sense at the time.

isn't it funny how most usernames or emails you set up in haste tend to end up being like drunken tattoos a few years down the line?

[not that nzshadow is a bad username by any means, just the comment 'it made sense at the time'.]

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Originally, I was DJ Ferrari... sounds stupid, but Ferrari is my mom's maiden name. She's a musician and her stage name is Red Ferrari so I kept the tradition until I was tired of people confusing me for a dbag techno DJ.

Forty Fivan is because I like 45s and my first name is Ivan... fairly straightforward there.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    In my youth
    I sang in a professional choir called the Petit-Chanteurs du Mont-Royal (PCMR)
    And my DJ name is my real name Antoine-Samuel Mauffette Alavo (ASMA)
    i'll let you figure out my ebay handle...

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Been with me since I was able to talk and till now. People always would say, "Yo Age"(in the states) or "Adj"(when living abroad, the splet it differently). People are lazy and did not want to say my full name, which is "Adrian".

So in short, it's my name...literally

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Been with me since I was able to talk and till now. People always would say, "Yo Age"(in the states) or "Adj"(when living abroad, the spelt it differently). People are lazy and did not want to say my full name, which is "Adrian".

So in short, it's my name...literally

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    My name came out of "Earth People" by Dr. Octagon. I used to play the 12" remix over and over around the first time I discovered Soul Strut which is also when I made the transition from calling myself DJ Cosmic Cuts (cringe) to Cosmophonic.

This is the only place that name has stuck. I still like it.

"I got Cosmophonic press a button and change my face"

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I named myself after Dennis Hopper's character in Blue Velvet.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    My username is my DJ name, obviously.

People think I got the name "Enki" from the book Snow Crash, which I've never read. Some people think my name is a misspelling of Enkei, a company that makes wheels, rims, and the kind of crap you'd see on a car in The Fast and the Furious. Nope. I got the name from the Sumerian god.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Used to play in a band called Asstroland...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

this just doesn't read right.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    crab rangoon?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    When I had think of my first email address there was a Temptations record playing in the background so I picked Motown. That alone was already taken so I tried using the year I was born afterward. That was taken as well so I just went down in numbers until I got Motown67

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    I came up with mine one day and liked it for a few minutes, but now I don't.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    mine is actually pretty dumb. in my previous life as a jock, i would only wear number 6, superstition n' that. my first dj gig, i went by the roman numeral.... VI, which got little to no attention, so it got lengthened to 'vintageinfants' to show my love of juxtaposition (ha!).

in the sparse dj gigs since then, ive never used the same name twice, for no other reason that i liked coming up with dj names.

other monikers included phallic baldwin, girth brooks, flirt reynolds, keffah sutherland, dj tanner, etc. etc. etc....

someone sent me a list a while back of other names used by yrs truly:

Trilly wonka
    David cop-a-feel
    Jude Lawrys
    Vaseline dion
    Jean claude trans am
    Floss gellar
    Gnarly sheen
    Menace eckersley

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Mine is actually a typo, wanted to use a short for my real name but typed too quickly and just let that be.
    Raj can i change it please?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

this just doesn't read right.

Not worth the risk, if you ask me.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    my roommate from the bay and noz called this friend of mine who used to boost, 'gaffler'

booster friend moved away and i believe one night i stole either an alcoholic or food item from somewhere and one of them was on-hand.

so the name stuck with me.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    vintageinfants said:
    mine is actually pretty dumb. in my previous life as a jock, i would only wear number 6, superstition n' that. my first dj gig, i went by the roman numeral.... VI, which got little to no attention, so it got lengthened to 'vintageinfants' to show my love of juxtaposition (ha!).

in the sparse dj gigs since then, ive never used the same name twice, for no other reason that i liked coming up with dj names.

other monikers included phallic baldwin, girth brooks, flirt reynolds, keffah sutherland, dj tanner, etc. etc. etc....

someone sent me a list a while back of other names used by yrs truly:

Trilly wonka
    David cop-a-feel
    Jude Lawrys
    Vaseline dion
    Jean claude trans am
    Floss gellar
    Gnarly sheen
    Menace eckersley

I did the same sort of thing back when I used to write for Vice.

Gaseous Clay
    Retardo Montalban
    Suge Nightlight

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    An obscure town tucked away in the beautiful western most corner of Japan where I lived for 3 years, famous locally for it's sushi and this bridge . Still miss it.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I doubt I have to explain my user name to the denizens of this board. But as background, it's the name of my radio show on KZSU from 1999 to 2005. Early in my digging career, I didn't want to commit to spending money on vinyl, so I exclusively bought dollar records. That conviction didn't last very long.

• after a recent attack on Kool Breez's hair choices I thought it was topical. I think Breez's dreads would like to ban soulone as well.