New Music / Release Thread

OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
For everything that doesn't belong in the 'Rap You???re Liking' thread.

-

2 that have been doing it for me lately.

Joy O - Jels

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Reissues.. 2 African grails & a comp of classics on the Tempo riddim.

Pickles

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    I think I'd like all of those mentioned above, but cash supply will limit me to buying this

But have also been rinsing the Scuba 12" with Deadboy's remix (junglist vibes in da haus, reeeewind selectah), the Joy Orb with some lo-fi Detroit house sounds, Carl Craig remix of Ramadanman & Appleblim, and a 12" w/ remixes of unknown tracks by KDJ on transparent vinyl.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    new raekwon album coming that sounds pretty good.
    frank ocean.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    My old band. This is off their new album, Oh My Days.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    the homeboys rockin it again

mind you, boys signed to kindred spirit

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Cross-pollenating with my Top Ten List Mix thread, there's a grip of new music I'm fucking with. New Beth Ditto, Steve Arrington produced by Dam Funk, new Holy Ghost!, The Hackney Colliery Band and Frank Ocean to name a few.

So surprising that new music that isn't rap nor old funk reissues doesn't get much play around here. God forbit we delve into the "dance music" category...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Been really digging this as of late:

It's such a good homage to early house music. Pitch-perfect, right down to odd album cuts deviating from four-to-the-floor. And there is something weird about young house dudes always being preoccupied by being "blue." To top it off, the album is made of marble, and everything marble is good -- heavy but treads light.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    delete
    oops. posted the wrong track.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    The don't worry be happy guy's son.

- spidey

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Toro y moi remix of Tylers' track French

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    Feeling The Stepkids, definitely fresh. New Om Unit 12" - "the timps" on civil music. jessie & sampha "valentine" on young turks. Virgo Four "resurrection" boxset on rush hour (its all their unreleased demos).

on the dancefloor jernts, Julio Bashmore "batty knee dance" seems to be getting burn.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Just dropped this new video for a track I produced with my main rapper Mickey Free:

Okem said:
    Toro y moi

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    [

This is great!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    New Burial, Four Tet & Thom Yorke 12 (limited run nearly sold out on pre-order before anyone had even heard it)

Addison Groove - Sexual / Work it (out on the same label as Ramadanman, Swamp81)

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    KURT VILE

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Apparently he's one of *J Mascis' favourite current guitarist - http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/mar/12/dinosaur-jr-mascis-favourite-guitarists

*Who also has a new album of acoustic material out on Sub Pop.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    breadwinner said:

Good to see this get a mention, been playing this record a lot lately and it's from my city too.

I'm not too into the Burial/Fourtet/Yorke record, it's cool but I think the hype has gone a bit overboard.

I like how Hudson Mo has made the Jamie Woon track sound like a Justin Timberlake track:

Lady Luck (Hudson Mohawke's Schmink Wolf Re-fix) by woon

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I like the Basic Channel/Mainstreet vibe of the first of those two Burial X Four Tet X Thom Yorke joints.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    Okem said:

Like this a lot. Thanks for posting.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Shears said:
    I'm not too into the Burial/Fourtet/Yorke record, it's cool but I think the hype has gone a bit overboard.
    It was inescapable really. There was enough hype around their Moth release a while back, then add Thom Yorke to that and..
    I can take or leave Four Tet tbh but I'm always happy to hear something new from Burial.

I like how Hudson Mo has made the Jamie Woon track sound like a Justin Timberlake track:

Lady Luck (Hudson Mohawke's Schmink Wolf Re-fix) by woon
    Now I like Woon and I like Hudson Mohawk. But I'm not really feeling this. I don't really see the point of trying to make him sound like a Timberland produced track from 5 years ago. Intersting tho. ty for posting.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    more 'future garage' or whatevathefuckyoucallit.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    on koreless and hudson mo's jamie woon remix

new floating point tracks with/without fatima are amazing.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Okem said:
    There was enough hype around their Moth release a while back,

HYPE!!! Much better than this collab imo. Not sure what Yorke brings to it, and listening to him trying to sound soulful doesn't work for me. They should've got Craig David & Kes.

J.Rocc's Some Cold Rock Stuff has got the CD release - does it live up to expectations?

Paging Beatnik with the inside wobble connection - is the new Hot Flush comp any good?

DocMcCoy said:
    I like the Basic Channel/Mainstreet vibe of the first of those two Burial X Four Tet X Thom Yorke joints.

i like both of em way more than the burial street halo single. SO grey, doesn't do shit for me. I agree with whoever said "the way thom yorke is going, he's probably going to leave Radiohead for Oddfuture any day soon". and i really like the king of limbs!

Jawn of the moment has to be that Daphni "ye ye" 12" (caribou under an alias)

the fatima and floating points single is great obv. i like the debruit single Sis Surpriz as well.

Duderonomy said:
    is the new Hot Flush comp any good?

erm.. not my bag but my bag is remarkably wobble free these days

i'll drop some phuture garridge recommend8nz still.

new hessle

this is getting loads of burn - batty knee dance

everything he touches turns to roy division

can't find the new kingdom bootleg 12" but its pretty safe loik.

not going to mention I'M THE INFORMATION / COKANE POWDERRRR by unknown / untitled which is the biggest tune about but.. it's a coke tune! fuckkkkkoff.