Ebay problem - advice sought

124»

Comments

• just sell rare stuff to a trusted dealer or store, take your 60% and like it.

or sell it for 92% (ebay takes 4%, paypal takes 4%) and put in all that work and frustration just to barely cover the spread when you factor in the value of your labor hours. it still sucks to do ebay.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    HOLLAFAME said:
    tripledouble said:
    i think im done with ebay too.
    just had a very rare vg+ record returned to me cause it was in "poor" "worthless" condition and skipped all over the place. i feared that dude damaged it himself or was swapping out. not even. i get it back and its in vg+ if not excellent condition. no major losses, but what a fuckin bitch

This shit baffles me. Only on the internet is some schmo gonna have the balls to pull that kind of stunt. I'd love to see some of these people walk back in to a record store and try the same thing. I'm guessing the outcome might be different.

Record stores see obsessiveaudiophileconditionandpressing freaks everyday.
    There are thousands of these people. They have magazines where gurus claim certain records/pressings have superior sound and those records skyrocket in value. There was a time that Belafonte at Carnegie Hall was selling for $$$ because it was on a list of great sounding records. Some of us made some money off a dollar bin record back then.

To me they are a reality of selling records.
    Over grade your records and graciously except returns is the best policy if you want to sell records long term.
    If you prove your grading is consistent and good, and you have good customer service, they will come back and spend more than they cost you.

This is just my opinion which may be helpful for people who want to sell records over the long term.

I have no opinion about the transaction that started this thread or the buyers and sellers who have been mentioned or posted in the thread.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You should have just refunded the guy's money in full at the very beginning--paid for return shipping, even. You let your emotions cloud your judgment and you ended up taking a bigger loss than you had to. Not smart.

tabira said:
    I did and here's his freaky "evidence":

"I have 3 sealed 1st copies and 2 open copies. Also have 2 sealed 2nd copies and 5 open copies. Absolutely 2nd vinyl is higher sound quality than 1st one due to re-mastered. This transaction is 200% bad for tribe collectors."

Now I thought that I was a bit nerdy keeping just one spare copy for my favourite top 3 LPs, but this guy takes it to a new level. I just wanted to reply - WTF are you doing buying more copies anyway? Do you give each one name? Do you talk to them? Isn't 13 enough!! Life is short, just get laid and don't worry about it! - But i'm under the gun of a neg feedback so I have to tread carefully. I'm prepared to take the neg though if he's not being reasonable. It'll be my first.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    You should have just refunded the guy's money in full at the very beginning--paid for return shipping, even. You let your emotions cloud your judgment and you ended up taking a bigger loss than you had to. Not smart.

I had the sellers code read out to me on page 1, 10 months ago, thankyou anyway. Shit is almost a year old. I've moved on even if others keep bumping the thread