Ebay problem - advice sought

Comments

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    first time reader of this thread
    tabira, sorry to read of all your woes mate , like evryone says, ebay so biased toward buyer , evryone now insisting on recorded post because of "didnt arrive" claims , the inability to leave neg feedback toward non paying or conning buyers making it more and more untenable to sell anything

getiin this chester5burry straight on my banned list !! sadly along with quite a few others ..

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    p_gunn said:

so wait, this dude kept your $300 (or whatever) record, kept yr 300 dollars and then ebay tried to get you to refund what?

i haven't sold seriously on ebay for a long while and i know it has become a shitshow, but at this point, what would be stopping someone from buying tons of grail pieces and swapping them out w/ reissues and then scamming on the refund?

That's his game - he exploits innocent listing errors (I never denied the error, benign though it was), demands ridiculous return shipping terms backed up by negative blackmail, gets refund from ebay then returns a reissue with tracking and full auction value declared so that you don't accept the duty. (Just before shipping the LP back to me he changed the wording of his negative from "sold inferior original" to "sold reissue" - draw your own conclusions) He keeps the LP plus the money.

I love the last sentence. They know where they can go.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Man, I do not wish that stress on anyone. (except for chester5burry) I feel for you, Frank, and that big list of others he decided to f**k over and extort in the process. I have had some seedy situations in regards to records, but never on this level. Thirteen copies of that lp? Utter bulls**t.

• Seeing how easy eBay makes it for this clown I wonder how long it'll be before his 'technique' will be adopted by like-minded spirits that want the grails but don't want to pay for them.

And that eBay Payment Request Reminder just makes me sick in the stomach...

• like i said, post me the guys details and I will do right by all the people that have been fucked over!

there is also a good chance this clown may be posting them on yahoo auction where he can sell them for further inflated prices to unsuspecting bidders. That shit doesn't go down well here, so by all means give me as much info about the record specifics etc and we can all go from there.....

I'm in the right place, and more than willing to help here!

peace

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    this guy has NEVER been laid.

• jammy said:

never been laid, but certainly good at fucking ppl!

tokyobeats said:
    jammy said:

never been laid, but certainly good at fucking ppl!

touche!

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    tokyobeats said:
    like i said, post me the guys details and I will do right by all the people that have been fucked over!

From what I understood the guy is japanese but resides in L.A. But even if he's in Tokyo I wonder what are you going to do if you have all the details? Pay him a visit, get all the raers back, "kick his ass"?

• disco_che said:
    tokyobeats said:
    like i said, post me the guys details and I will do right by all the people that have been fucked over!

From what I understood the guy is japanese but resides in L.A. But even if he's in Tokyo I wonder what are you going to do if you have all the details? Pay him a visit, get all the raers back, "kick his ass"?

don't assume i'm not smart enough to think of a better way to deal ;)

kicking someones ass isn't exactly going to do me any favors, is it?

i won't go in to all the boring details of a theoretical righting a wrong situation, just offered to help! there are certainly ways to go about fixing this guys issues

tokyobeats said:

don't assume i'm not smart enough to think of a better way to deal ;)

kicking someones ass isn't exactly going to do me any favors, is it?

I don't know you but there are some strutters that are quick with the ass-kickin solution (at least verbally). I just wanted to make sure you're not one of them. Good thing if you can help in some smart way.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Chester5burry resides in a Marina around Venice...
    The record he won was this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200573016910

I checked his feedback and what struck me odd was a recent feedback that a albeit displayed as positive said: "This comment has been removed by eBay"

I checked out the item in question and it turned out to be this record that went for over $3.200:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=330507996552

I looked under the sellers feedback and sure enough, chester5burry had left him negtive with the words: "Not as described."
    The seller had posted a response this: "DISHONORABLE Reneged on deal till dispute filed.Now wants $1000 discount.SCAM"

Then I googled "chester5burry" and not only did I find him being mentioned on this here Soulstrut thread and also on a "my latest blocked bidders list" but I also found various online "block these bidders" lists that are being hosted by various frustrated ebay sellers.

Most revealing was toolhaus.org, a site I hadn't known about before whoch not only showed me the full extend to which chester5burry has left other sellers with negative feedback: http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=chester5burry&Dirn=Left-+by
    But what I found when I checked for negative or neutral feedback left FOR him was no less disturbing:
    http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=chester5burry&Dirn=Received+by

Don't let all the friendly green dots fool you. These are all feedbacks that were originally left as positive by sellers who had received payment for their items and after chester5burry had started his feedback extortion business they revised their feedback from positive to neutral and typed in a new text trying to warn other sellers. All of their revised feedback was then deleted by ebay under a technicality claim and voila: Everything's green and positive again.

I called up ebay's customer service and after jumping all the hurdles gt to talk to a real person and asked to please have them cancel the transaction or at least block me against chester5burry's incoming negative feedback. They said there's nothing they can do for me since chester5burry had refused to accept a cancellation of the transaction. I told him about how deceiving their feedback system is and how obviously this guy has a history of feedback extortion but he said they don't have anything "on file" about him and he refused to get into all of those feedbacks that had gotten revised only to be deleted by ebay. He did however explain to me why they had changed the system so as a seller you can't leave the buyer with negative feedback anymore: "Before this policy was changed, buyers had to be worried about sellers threatening the buyer with negative retaliation feedback should they leave them with negative so the system was unjust and buyers were leaving ebay in droves."

I tried to resolve this with chester5burry by calling him i person. Twice. Which didn't work.

Then I made a second chance offer to the 2nd highest bidder which worked like a charm.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200577978475
    This bidder had also won another big record from me and even agreed to do a cash transaction. After calling ebay customer service again, I got to talk to a real nice person who even agreed to refund me my seller's fee for he original trasaction, so in the end, I'm even happy about the way this played out.

I'm also pretty damn sure that I'm never ever going to sell another record on ebay. I only put up a handful of stuff once a year to get some new contacts of people I could do private transactions with but having to deal with all of this nonsense just isn't worth it.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    He keeps changing his ID to avoid the buyer bans. Keeping the fetish for English town names, before "chester5burry" he went by the ID "canta45berry". (He had bought several LPs off me prior to the tribe one, all under different IDs). Here's what another seller had to say about him in 2010:

"Canta45berry or whatever name you now go by,don't even try to bid for any of my items.........."
    http://www.popsike.com/FUNKY-SOUL-Milton-Wright-Keep-it-Up/110542926219.html

He's probably using several IDs simultaneously so if anyone has doubts about a recent buyer, PM me.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    tabira said:
    He keeps changing his ID to avoid the buyer bans. Keeping the fetish for English town names, before "chester5burry" he went by the ID "canta45berry".

lmao . you would think he would use something not even remotely close to his previous pseudos

obviously he wants to leave an impression

damms said:

Real supervillains always leave an impression.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    damms said:
    tabira said:
    He keeps changing his ID to avoid the buyer bans. Keeping the fetish for English town names, before "chester5burry" he went by the ID "canta45berry".

lmao . you would think he would use something not even remotely close to his previous pseudos

I think this was a "Brit diss." No ebay user with this ID.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    The_Non said:
    damms said:
    tabira said:

I think this was a "Brit diss." No ebay user with this ID.

he deleted the canta45berry ID sometime last year

• i consider stopping to sell on ebay too...it just gets worse
    quick info: a way you might get to work around the ebay payment request is to pay it with paypal and then file a paypal claim against ebay (worked for me one time)
    i dont know why but it seems like the people on paypal are little bit more reasonable and easier to work with but maybe i was lucky...
    i hope you get your money back somehow

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    thanks but I never lost any money. Chester5burry paid me, then Ebay refunded him, and now they want me to refund them. They can dream on. Ebay's lost 450$, I've lost my 100% profile and Chester's won a nice LP for free. That's his scam and Ebay only have themselves to blame for setting up a scammer's paradise.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    at this point some a seller needs to sue bay for this shit in a class action suit

• disco_che said:
    damms said:

Real supervillains always leave an impression.

had to giggle there!

lets just say this guy is gonna deal with some serious karma sooner or later, lets hope it's the former!

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    stinkie said:
    Sellers: are his initials TM?
    Yes. It's him. Why not invite him for a Salma Hayek? If he can remember which of the 13 other copies it was, could you ask him to send me my record back only this time without declaring 460$ to the French Goverment ? I'll then resell it and refund ebay to get them off my back. If he's a really nice guy as you say he could delete my negative and prove to the world he's not a bad winner - he did afterall get the LP for free.

• maybe he is taking new form under the guise STINKIE?

perfect cover to hide from his bad english, and reinvent himself as the guy who just happens to be new but was here many years ago.....convenient...

jus' sayin

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I have no doubts that "TM" has a massive collection and probably paid fair and square for most of his records. To me it just seemed like too much of a risk to go through with the transaction when he had just left negative feedback for a $3.000+ purchase after not having had any success in demanding a $1.000 refund due to some condition issues about the backside of the cover.

TM also comes across like a major asshole and maybe he should invest some of that extreme wealth towards some English classes.

• i think im done with ebay too.
    just had a very rare vg+ record returned to me cause it was in "poor" "worthless" condition and skipped all over the place. i feared that dude damaged it himself or was swapping out. not even. i get it back and its in vg+ if not excellent condition. no major losses, but what a fuckin bitch

• another dude complained about condition on an unplayed stock copy of a record. cmon son

for real,i dont even want to do paypal anymore
    any alternatives yall have been messing with?

• tripledouble said:
    i think im done with ebay too.
    just had a very rare vg+ record returned to me cause it was in "poor" "worthless" condition and skipped all over the place. i feared that dude damaged it himself or was swapping out. not even. i get it back and its in vg+ if not excellent condition. no major losses, but what a fuckin bitch

This shit baffles me. Only on the internet is some schmo gonna have the balls to pull that kind of stunt. I'd love to see some of these people walk back in to a record store and try the same thing. I'm guessing the outcome might be different.

• for real. itch ass bitch lives in tokyo and was bothering me constantly while i was on vacation in thailand. i told him to meet me at the airport in tokyo while i had a layover and he refused.
    dj shige: corny as hell in my book