TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    That Suarez goal was eerily Torres-style, no? Lucky break with that defender fucking up, but all in all a picture perfect debut for the Uruguayan.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    musica said:
    That Suarez goal was eerily Torres-style, no? Lucky break with that defender fucking up, but all in all a picture perfect debut for the Uruguayan.

Just seen it on Match Of The Day, and yeah, it was. I hope nobody credits the defender with the own-goal, because he took it beautifully.

• Debut-goal tastic tonight..

Wolves undone at the last AGAIN.
    Sam The Eagle heading back to Div 1.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

I think it's the circumstances of his departure, rather than the reasons for it, that may cause a little resentment. Fair enough that he doesn't fancy sitting around for another season with only the Europa League to play for, while we try to play our way back into Prem/CL contention. That wasn't what he signed up for, after all. However, announcing his desire to leave mere days before the transfer window closed was a shitty thing to do, especially since it led to us having to pay an absurdly over-inflated price for a replacement. Bad as it's been, I can't believe the situation deteriorated that much between the beginning of January and the end.

Didn't like Woy, didn't like Dalglish?

In a similar situation with Fabregas. So far he's been professional, and not given too much credence to the rumours with any of that "let me have my dreams, I want to go" biz that certain footballers have come out with, but it does feel like he wants to win something with Arsenal... and then he'll do one to Barca. I just hope he has set his sights higher than the Carling Cup!

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

end of an era.

God I forgot about that. Does this mean he really is going to be Sky sports new anchor?

I really hope so. Especially after reading many an idiot celebrating that Gary Neville has retired.

If those 36 caps in the last 4 seasons were burning you, then it's about to get a whole lot worse.

I'm cancelling my Sky subscrip- oh, hang on, I haven't got one, right, that's it, I'm not getting Sky sports.

He was alright I guess, and when he was younger and fit as reliable as you could want. The bastard.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Puts me in quite a quandary. I was all ready to cancel my sky sports but now the double whammy of the removal of Hairy Hands and the possible crowning of Neville means that I feel obliged to hold on a bit longer to show my appreciation of this turn of events,.

Love him or loathe him he deserves the amount of media coverage he's receiving over retiring.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Glad to see the back of Gary Nevile with his peach fuzz moustache. The biggest nob end ive ever seen in football altough i will miss his derby day assists.

Clearly he will have an anti city & liverpool agenda when he gets on sky but fortunately i dont have it.

All bias aside, as much as a nob head as he may be I think he's facing way too stiff competition to come out as the biggest nob head in football.

Hmm I just managed to combine stiff, nob and come in one sentence.

I don't actually think his hatred of Citeh will be all that deep. Wait until they start winning things before it kicks off. Vitriol will mainly be aimed at Chelsea and Arsenal with the obligatory nod to Lollerpool.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Junior said:
    All bias aside, as much as a nob head as he may be I think he's facing way too stiff competition to come out as the biggest nob head in football.

I don't actually think his hatred of Citeh will be all that deep. Wait until they start winning things before it kicks off. Vitriol will mainly be aimed at Chelsea and Arsenal with the obligatory nod to Lollerpool.

What about teh Leeds?

• Where isn't there bias on Sky Sports??

Charlie Nicholas,Merson,Thompson,McCrerand, Le Tiss - the only one I'd consider not bias is Stelling.

Laughing at Wenger defending Fabregas...translates to Please Stay..Please..

SportCasual said:
    Junior said:

What about teh Leeds?

Ah yes there is always Leeds but, since everyone hates them, I don't know if accusations of bias can be made.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Name the album from the Guardian comments:

"I bowl down the street listening to Chas and Dave lyrics laid on Garage Band loops"

Future waxidermy?

Sounds too funky for Kanye, so I'm guessing that it's something to do with Mike Skinner as I saw his mug on the frontpage a day or so ago, and the Chas'n'Dave lyrics would be about right.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Yep. "bowl" is a lyric he would use and then make a pun with, probably smoking a bowl while eating shreddies out of a bowl on the way to the superbowl.

This is like a new discovery for me. Someone on here (US strutter) used to ride for the Streets when they wuz into bimmerz and benzez and there was some gun talk I think. That plus the flip flopping midlands/lahndon accent = Mind is now totally blown.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Leave Teh Streets alone.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Sorry, it's just that I don't get to see any of these so called football matches until about 5 days later on the Yankee ES Network.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    No feel free to talk about whatever you want. The football talk can get a little heavy. (I watch most games streamed online, if you're interested www.myp2p.eu/)

But I will get butthurt if people say nasty things about Mike Skinner.

• Struggled to watch games this week - apparently a load of sites like atdhe and firstrow were shut down ahead of the Superbowl on Sunday..

Anyone tried liveonlinefooty??
    Heard they have good streams for something like 2.99 for a couple of months..

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Such a loveable chap. Not likely to get sent off for that though, not at The Theatre of Dreams.

'92-'11
    Liverpool FC - gross spend ??491.85m, net ??177.30m, 7 major trophies.
    Manchester United - gross spend ??435.16m, net ??150.81m, 21 major trophies.
    Arsenal- gross spend ??273.4m, net ??42.7m, 10 major/minor trophies.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    No matter how hard you try, I will not say "I would love it..."

Paul said:
    '92-'11
    Liverpool FC - gross spend ??491.85m, net ??177.30m, 7 major trophies.
    Manchester United - gross spend ??435.16m, net ??150.81m, 21 major trophies.
    Arsenal- gross spend ??273.4m, net ??42.7m, 10 major/minor trophies.

Fergie time:

Sir Alex Ferguson likes to boast that his Manchester United team score more late goals than any other side in the world. Others argue that they get a bit of extra help from referees. It has now emerged that the Premier League champions do, as suspected, benefit from an imbalance in the amount of stoppage time that is added to their matches.

After the controversy over Michael Owen's winning goal in Sunday's Manchester derby, the Guardian has looked at all of United's league matches at Old Trafford since the start of the 2006-07 season and discovered that, on average, there has been over a minute extra added by referees when United do not have the lead after 90 minutes, compared to when they are in front. In 48 games when United were ahead, the average amount of stoppage time was 191.35 seconds. In 12 matches when United were drawing or losing there was an average of 257.17sec.

The average stoppage time added at Old Trafford in the period in question is below that given at Anfield, the Emirates Stadium and Stamford Bridge. United's is 205 seconds, compared to Liverpool's 210sec, Arsenal's 224sec and Chelsea's 229sec. But there is also evidence to support the suspicions of many managers, players and supporters that United get preferential treatment at home. When Owen made it 4-3 on Sunday the game was five minutes and 26 seconds into stoppage time. In total, the referee, Martin Atkinson, allowed almost seven minutes, even though the fourth official had signalled a minimum of four. Mark Hughes, the City manager, spoke of feeling "robbed". His sense of grievance will not be helped if he analyses the last three seasons.

In 2006-07, for example, United were winning 15 times on entering stoppage time and referees added an average 194.53sec. In the four games when United were not winning there was an average of 217.25sec. The following year the disparity was greater, Opta's figures showing an average 178.29sec added when United were winning and 254.5sec when they were not. Last season it was 187.71sec compared to 258.6sec.

The pattern has continued in the first three games of the season. In the two games United have led they have played an average 304sec of injury time. On Sunday, Atkinson allowed the game to go on for 415sec.

LET ME KNOW WHEN ARSENAL WIN A EUROPEAN CUP.

How much time do I have to answer?

A life time.

Even Ferg doesn't get that much. This season will have to do, but playing Barca without Nasri & Vermalen won't be easy. If we manage that, who knows... :smirk: