TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I don't know Torres has been in shocking form for a while now (he'll fit right in at Chelski), if these 2 new guys start knocking them in for 'pool, then it'll be good for the club in the short term. Having two good strikers who are up for it, is much better than one great striker who's not interested.

• Anyone see Rastamouse yesterday? New CBBC heat

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Things sure have moved on since Rainbow. Next artist for Nas to collaborate with confirmed?

• Stuart Zender was on ZingZillas recently

Hmm it's not really competing with the raw urban sounds of Yo Gaba Gaba at the moment but perhaps Giggs is lined up for the second series?

Btw, great way to endear yourself to the fans of your new club that's just spent 35 million on you:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6716125,00.html

Andy Carroll is adamant he was not wanted by Newcastle United and that he was forced to hand in a transfer request before securing his move to Liverpool.

The England striker completed a blockbuster ??35million transfer to Liverpool on deadline day with the fee establishing the 22-year-old as the most expensive British player in history.

However, the manner of the home-grown powerhouse's departure from St James' Park has prompted contrasting versions of events from the club and player.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew claimed that the club did not push Carroll towards the exit door and accepted Liverpool's second offer after the player asked for a new contract.

Carroll, though, disputes this version and insists that he never wanted to leave his boyhood club, accusing Newcastle of wanting the money offered by Liverpool.

He told the Evening Chronicle: "...[Managing director] Derek [Llambias] asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice.

"I wasn't wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money."

He continued: "Then I flew down in (owner Mike Ashley's) helicopter. I didn't want to leave.

"I'm gutted that I wasn't wanted at my home team after everything I have done and the progress I have made.

"I didn't want to leave at all. Make sure they know I didn't want to leave.

"The players, staff and fans were fantastic."

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    I'm still getting my head around this deal.

Stevie G & Carroll on a night-out - Liverpool DJs need to stock up on jagermeister & Phil Collins.

• Kyriakos and Carroll can compare My Little Ponies..

About time Stevie G is in the press talking about two fantastic signings to take the club forwards etc..

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    djwaxon said:
    Anyone see Rastamouse yesterday? New CBBC heat

Not really warranting the latte pass but been down with dem book since time, seen? Kids will do that to you. IIRC the creator of Rastamouse is a Rasta (non-faux) swimming instructor. Who knew? I myself enjoy the show and have no reservations about the patois (I prefer decking, meself) but then my kids can play the "It's-OK-Mi-Kwaaaaatah-Jameeeeeeeiahcan" card.

I predict the TV show will expose the character to the (entirely Caucasian) right-on brigade who will decry it as a vile characterisation of the black experience b/w dumbing down of English grammar and bay for the show to be pulled or the character killed off by a farmer's wife (dem-lop-off-im-tail-wi-mi-caaahvin-knife-R?)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    what the red's fans opinion on suarez?
    49goals in 48 games
    are you thrilled or apprehensive, it's less of a gamble than carroll imo

• J i m s t e r said:
    djwaxon said:
    Anyone see Rastamouse yesterday? New CBBC heat

Not really warranting the latte pass but been down with dem book since time, seen? Kids will do that to you. IIRC the creator of Rastamouse is a Rasta (non-faux) swimming instructor. Who knew? I myself enjoy the show and have no reservations about the patois (I prefer decking, meself) but then my kids can play the "It's-OK-Mi-Kwaaaaatah-Jameeeeeeeiahcan" card.

I predict the TV show will expose the character to the (entirely Caucasian) right-on brigade who will decry it as a vile characterisation of the black experience b/w dumbing down of English grammar and bay for the show to be pulled or the character killed off by a farmer's wife (dem-lop-off-im-tail-wi-mi-caaahvin-knife-R?)

Yeah I don't have kids, I just heard about it from a mate who has a daughter.

I think reception will definitely be interesting though.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    btw duder
    robinho puts back a ibra free kick
    then passes to ibra for the 2nd goal
    van bommell red card

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Liverpool have signed Andy Carroll for ??35m plus add ons for any trophies he wins at the club, this will bring the deal to around ??35m

All the other transfer jokes were shite

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Just added these tracks amongst others to soundcloud, testing new confidence in IT skillz

http://soundcloud.com/skel/lightmen-plus-one-all-praises-to-allah-part-1
    http://soundcloud.com/skel/temple-sun-voyages-sans-retour
    http://soundcloud.com/skel/armando-sciascia-emphasis
    http://soundcloud.com/skel/crybaby-my-heads-in-a-good-place

You even get authentic dishwarp for 10s of the Temple Sun track

After recording, noticed I'd had the bass boost button pressed in, so these are a bit boomy.
    Why must technology be so fucking finicky?
    Fuck it.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    So Bradley Manning is a quasi Brit? Spent time in Wales, may be Catholic! This reeks of Opus Dei. Both sides want to canonize him. har har.

I'd advise Manning to deny this immediately. Once the US military get word that he's a Brit, they'll shoot him in the head and put it down to 'friendly fire'.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Wiki-leeks more like.

Ewe joker.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    Wiki-leeks more like.
    :comedy_gold:

pcmr said:
    btw duder
    van bommell red card

You get what you pay for!

b/w

Would anybody bet against Torres to score against Liverpool on his Chelsea debut this weekend?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    pcmr said:
    btw duder
    van bommell red card

b/w

Would anybody bet against Torres to score against Liverpool on his Chelsea debut this weekend?

I wouldn't bet against him getting clattered by Skrtel/Carragher/Lucas/Agger in the opening few minutes.

B-b-but he's moved on to a bigger challenge. Surely his ex-team mates don't begrudge him the genuine chance of winning things?

Should be an interesting game that I'll be sure to watch.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Duderonomy said:
    pcmr said:
    btw duder
    van bommell red card

b/w

I wouldn't bet against him getting clattered by Skrtel/Carragher/Lucas/Agger in the opening few minutes.

:beerbang:

Duderonomy said:
    B-b-but he's moved on to a bigger challenge. Surely his ex-team mates don't begrudge him the genuine chance of winning things?

Should be an interesting game that I'll be sure to watch.

I think it's the circumstances of his departure, rather than the reasons for it, that may cause a little resentment. Fair enough that he doesn't fancy sitting around for another season with only the Europa League to play for, while we try to play our way back into Prem/CL contention. That wasn't what he signed up for, after all. However, announcing his desire to leave mere days before the transfer window closed was a shitty thing to do, especially since it led to us having to pay an absurdly over-inflated price for a replacement. Bad as it's been, I can't believe the situation deteriorated that much between the beginning of January and the end.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I'll be tuning in to see what Joe Cole will do!
    as a chelski fan i am pleased but can't see our bigger problems being fixed
    even worse debt and fair pay shit (abramobitch fucked up)
    kalou vs torres vs anelka for minutes one person will need to be shifted this summer
    even if lampard and terry are in form at the moment we are near the end for them
    neymar now seems doubtful for the reasons stated earlier
    we need to be near perfect if only to qualify for CL

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    pcmr said:

as a chelski fan

When did this happen? :D

God I just watched 2 Arsenal matches in the last week, plus a Kieran Gibbs infomercial. They are a sorry bunch. Highlight reel included masterful finishing from R Parlour and N Winterburn so it was not all a waste.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i've been chelsea since the beginning of this thread
    Rooney made a comeback yesterday
    some fools were saying arshavin made one as well lol

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    What would people say is a fair market value, today, for these players:

Giggsy Wiggsy (20+ years at same club)

Del Piero (18+ years at same club)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    they will never play anywhere else
    how italy did not play delpiero right after his prime is mindboggling to me (feud with coach)
    on the bench for most of the tournament, put him on he scores...
    the oldies are doing well in italy (crespo,enzaghi)
    however italy will be back in 2014 with young guns rossi, di natale

SportCasual said:
    What would people say is a fair market value, today, for these players:

Giggsy Wiggsy (20+ years at same club)

Del Piero (18+ years at same club)

Players like them ought to be put in glass cases when they retire. See also; Le Tissier, M.

I remember when Everton paid ??900,000 for Dave Watson in 1986. I laughed like a fucking drain. "Who pays nearly a million quid for a centre-back?", I said to all my bluenose mates. They won the league in his first season at Goodison, he became the core of their defence when it was arguably the best in Europe, and stayed at the club for 15 years.