TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    The summarized version of Junior's poast:

WE'RE MAN UNITED, WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANT.

Can't blame you for falling back, there used to be a time when you might learn something reading this forum.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Paul said:

INDEED. YOU MUST DEAL.

HOTTEST MAN OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE.

HE'S 'FIYAH WITH THE SOCCERBALL.'

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Draw at Arsenal minus Silva and Super Mario a fair result, even if we were boring? We tried outplaying them at home with 10 v 11 and we got our pants pulled down and mobile phones on vibrate went missing.
    I was expecting a humbling of larger dimension so a sigh of relief from me.

Yes, the board is xenophobic but I believe it has always been this way. I saw it summarised best in a quote along the lines of "[Non-Meriman-anything] may have some worth but it's like women's basketball - no-one here gives a shit."

I come here because I still learn things and youngins in our family are staggered that their old uncle Jim can name-drop rappeurs that they believe are only known to four people outside of the US and A.

Also watchout for some grown-up N Dubz-formation styleways coming out of Nottingham in the very near (J i ms t e r-Fam-R). They said they were going to do it and they done gone and did it - good on 'em.

No laughing at the back.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    Paul said:

INDEED. YOU MUST DEAL.

Paul said:
    HOTTEST MAN OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE.

HE'S 'FIYAH WITH THE SOCCERBALL.'

TakethatshittotheHottestDudeOfTheYearThread.

I've put this foll in my FPL team twice and he's got me the sum total of diddly. He's fast turning in to the new Zlatan.

The Berb's - Andy Garcia reference is particularly striking in that picture. Speaking of which, a friend recently informed me that Andy Garcia was born with a conjoined twin on his shoulder which was surgically removed just after birth. Perhaps they dropped this sprog in Bulgaria and he's been making his way slowly back since?

Jimster, regarding the Xenophobic stuff, yeah I've always paid it no mind in general, especially as it's an American board and I also share the general opinion that US Rap >>> pretty much anything released outside it, big part of the reason why I started posting here. It's more the recent baiting outside the music threads that has irritated me. Like I said though, I suspect this is as much to do with my current simmering rage as anything else.

U.S Rap >>>>>>>

but...

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Hi guys! Would just like to mention that as someone who is not 100% Briddish, I have def caught xenophobic/unsavoury vibes from this very thread in the past. Especially around World Cup time..... I know it is banter, but banter also gets acted out in the real world and some of my football-related memories of the UK include real world banter that turned physical. At least I wasn't a VW in 1990 though...

So, there is a lot of subjectivity to it.

Skel, please continue to poast. Do you, do it well, don't worry about the people who get e-handjobs on here.

Anyway, I need to know where to file Shakatak - Night Bird! I have one copy in my Loose Ends/Imagination section, one in my Brazilian Fusion Terd section. I need to consolidate! Plaese to advice me.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    There is a bar opening near me called BANTER

There is already one called "Gordon Bennett's"

NYC loves the Brits!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The irony of Barca losing both ibra and ronaldinho to AC
    Than ronaldinho moving back to lazy ass brazil while a bunch of brazilians will move to europe
    Because robinho is performing better
    all the while AC if anything can only go as far as losing to Barca in the champions league
    is mystifying
    so is the current league form of the CL finalists and chelsea who will get a boost from a brazilian next year

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Welcome back.

Re:Xenophobia - I think I can be given a pass. 2010 was the year of the cheating French and the typical Germans. The Jeremy Clarkson vibes in this thread are pretty mild in the scheme of things.

My job has been getting "on top" for a while now, but I've had a moment of clarity, brought to me by the fucking idiots I work for, and have realised the folly of my ways.
    Mainly find myself too busy for the Strut... reading poasts too quickly, getting the wrong end of the stick, and blasting both barrells in a coffee and stress fuelled moment of keyboard tourettes that should have been aimed at the one of the brain-donor fuck-muppets responsible for the steaming cess-pit of bullshit I find myself mired in.
    I have found time to get started on a mix, and as per, will gladly send out draft versions for feedback to any interested parties. I'm about 40 mins in so far, and as the last one took me 13 months, I think I'm ahead of schedule.

Sort of disco/afro-boogie/cut&paste; bollocks. Could be good.

Oh, and Arsenal can still do the treble! We're in the FA Cup, after we beat Barca it's a clear run to the final, and Manure just need to start losing some games.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm disappointed with lack of vaguely xenophobic thread Paul.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Ta to John Henry for the birthday present, even if it's a day late.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    Hi guys! Would just like to mention that as someone who is not 100% Briddish,

BAN

I have def caught xenophobic/unsavoury vibes from this very thread in the past. Especially around World Cup time.....
    Nah but see, it's ok when we do it.

Do you,
    Confession time: I have never understood what ths means. Please to explain.

Anyway, I need to know where to file Shakatak - Night Bird! I have one copy in my Loose Ends/Imagination section, one in my Brazilian Fusion Terd section. I need to consolidate! Plaese to advice me.
    This is easy. Put it in your burgeoning BritFunk section. And if you haven't got one, get one. Oh hang on, it's not American and so therefore somewhat irrelevant and worthless :::wink:::: ::::ice grill::::

@Jimlad
    Sorry mate but the 'always been like this' argument is not do-able in the context. I used to bank on a ratio of ten interesting threads worth posting in versus one where I'd feel the need to clip a fool round the ear. That ratio is somewhat reversed now, and has been for months. Can't be healthy.

Now, as has become habit, revisiting old albums has thrown up the La's. I spun this on cd in the car last week and, having dismissed it originally on a few spins as emperor's new clothes a la african disco and funk, found myself digging the freshness and energy of the retro beat vibes. Who else rides?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

The La's - Live at teh BBC is the best.

Dunno what the problem with Howard Webb is, both decisions were spot-on. Jim Beglin as chief Gerrard apologist was pretty disgraceful if anything.

Old, crusty cunts like myself lament how the big business aspect of modern franchised football has disconnected from the traditional fanbase.

I care as much about keeping up with EPL shenanigans and the demise of the FA Cup as a meaningful competition about as much as I do for Rap and/or HipHop.

Having said that, I did actually buy a record with rapping on it a few weeks back.

When I say record, i mean of course a cd.
    And when I say rapping, I mean a guest appearance by FloRida on Alexandra Burke's "Bad Boys"

Number 4 son wanted it to play musical statues to.
    Got it in a charity shop, so thankfully no coffers belonging to Simon Cowell and 'em got swollen at all.

Actually, the missus got the kids into the song.
    I says, what is it about bad boys that women like?
    She says, it's like you feel that you can change them.
    I says, you like bad boys then do you?
    She says, yeah, they are quite an attractive proposition.
    So I left skidmarks in the pan, ignored the washing up and nicked twenty quid out of her purse.
    How d'ya you like them apples.

skel said:
    Alexandra Burke's "Bad Boys"
    no coffers belonging to Simon Cowell and 'em got swollen

I would feel dirty illegally downloading that. On 96k mobile-on-blast-on-public-transport glory.

So I left skidmarks in the pan, ignored the washing up and nicked twenty quid out of her purse.

No cocker-nee backhander/"Slaaaaaayyg!" combo? FAIL.

;)

Jim what's the handle of these junior n-dubz types within your gene pool?

We must keep a lookout.

Anyways, why you got to do your younger bredren like that, keeping up on their musical tastes?
    It's your bounden duty to step out of their way music-wise, let them have a yoot rebellion stage.

My eldest nearly 15 now, and I asked what he's got on the ipod at the moment.

"Bands you would never have heard of"
    "Oh yeah, like who?"
    "Kings of Leon, Michael Buble, stuff like that"

I shit you not, there's a cabal of about a dozen kids in his class who have all downloaded the latest Buble album.

WTF.

• skel said:
    I shit you not, there's a cabal of about a dozen kids in his class who have all downloaded the latest Buble album.

buy him some mark murphy albums or something...

skel said:

Thinking about it, that's one of the most effective teenage rebellions against their parents I can think of.

"Oh yeah? You're down with the music of today's youth? You know about all the new bands and hipster trends? Well try liking this then."

Far more effective than getting into Death Metal or Gaba

At the moment the Nottingham collective have nothing more concrete than talent and promises, so I won't be crying Wolf until they are actually on the telly. But their demo, whilst not being the stuff I would solicit, is of merchantable quality to a market who can embrace N-Dubz productways - i.e. The singist can sing and the rappist(s) can rap (on that microscopic-dude Euroman spectrum, natch. We had the "Keep accent/Not keep accent" chat over Chrimbo dinner. My stance being American-strength wrapping, like dey pr0n, best life to them).

Teenagers hanging with that Mickey Bubbles sound. Who, indeed, would have thunk it? Perhaps their music teacher has hipped them to the arrangements? I will ride for his voice and his Christmas stuff. I deduct marks because he agreed to be on the X-Factor, although I would wager the pressure put on the existing artistes by their labels to pimp themselves/product live to 20M viewers is equal to that put on the contestants to get up on stage, with no real performing experience, and not look like a twat next to a seasoned vet.

The lad who won it, whatever his name was, he wasn't much good as a singer was he? Even that scouse lass was a one-trick pony, but she was easy on the eye.

Agreed, will have to avoid hipping that mob to the genre raers to avoid harshing their ironic crooner buzz.

Neil's Murphy call is a good one though. I'll swerve the Kerouac Then and Now era and lace them with some MiamiVice-era rolled up flecked jacket sleeve steeze goodies like Madelena and that.
    And that big band Anka stuff that Jimster swears by.

Ali, come spring let's lunch.

b/w

Circumvents bank's Strut embargo
    Or sat at home - can't make the car go?

double

Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    skel said:

No cocker-nee backhander/"Slaaaaaayyg!" combo? FAIL.

;)

Seat up when I'm in a bad mood. :shitty:

Thinking about advice I've had on here regarding warning signs.
    She got a hair-cut before X-mas.
    Started wearing different clothes.
    And got a car (first time she's driven since she met up with me. Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen etc).

And then there must have been something funny in the water, as I only went and asked the question.
    :blank: :grrr: :shut:

During inevitable moments of doubt, I shall reflect on the sage advice I ignored here.

Damn duder, you popped the Q?

Er, nice one! Isn't it??

Jimster, wfh - had to do some local solicitor stuff vis a vis the opposite of what Duder's getting into.