Options

I Want To Murder Vampire Weekend

Comments

• jaymack said:
    white_tea said:
    I'll take that Vampire Weekend song any day over that twee pop group in the Hyundai commercials, which make me feel awkward for an unknown reason -- lady in that band could almost be cute, if she didn't seem so stiff.

seriously. THIS makes me violent. a lot commercials make me violent these days. especially when they try to be funny. they try so hard to be outrageous or ironic. like all the commercials that take place in an office now. they all try to outdry eachother.

Like this makes no fukkin sense at all and is not funny at all.

I don't know. It didn't make me laugh, but I liked it. Made me want to go out to BK and try it out. No helping hands were included in the deal. The deal?!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    bassie said:
    Woimsah said:

First album had some great material on it, and sounding like Paul Simon, IMO, ain't really a bad thing. There's a lot worse people to imitate.

Name them.

edit - oh the irony.

what does this mean? I'm interpreting this as there's not much worse than Paul Simon?

And as to what I mean by "mad parental" -- having 1000s of records doesn't mean some people aren't echoing what they may have heard growing up. I can totally see what you're saying my comments seeming "butthurt", as I do like some of their music, but mainly I was just sort of reviewing the comments that had been made up to that point and it all came across as mad grandpa-ish. "Turn down that racket!" Maybe was just the way I was reading into it, however it definitely felt as though there was some old guy stee being rocked. All good, I resign.

WOIMSAH REVEALED!

• IIRC they are not the Williamsburg crew they are from the UWS Columbia set.

Which figures.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• Upper West Side Soweto

Cape Cod Kwasa Kwasa

• Options
    Woimsah said:
    bassie said:
    Woimsah said:

First album had some great material on it, and sounding like Paul Simon, IMO, ain't really a bad thing. There's a lot worse people to imitate.

Name them.

edit - oh the irony.

what does this mean? I'm interpreting this as there's not much worse than Paul Simon?

And as to what I mean by "mad parental" -- having 1000s of records doesn't mean some people aren't echoing what they may have heard growing up. I can totally see what you're saying my comments seeming "butthurt", as I do like some of their music, but mainly I was just sort of reviewing the comments that had been made up to that point and it all came across as mad grandpa-ish. "Turn down that racket!" Maybe was just the way I was reading into it, however it definitely felt as though there was some old guy stee being rocked. All good, I resign.

I generally like racket. But that song isn't racket, it's zany faux ethnic dogshit.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Woimsah said:
    bassie said:
    Woimsah said:

Name them.

edit - oh the irony.

WOIMSAH REVEALED!

Homie, please. My skirt game is way more fierce than that.

• Woimsah said:
    hating on Vampire Weekend seems a little ridiculous and mad parental

Most of the people I know who like Vampire Weekend actually ARE parents, and they listen to this band in the car with their kids.

Doesn't mean they like that commercial tho. I think everyone is sick of it by now!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Pony said:

Pony said:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    bassie said:
    Woimsah said:

Name them.

edit - oh the irony.

Yea, post-S&G Simon is pretty dire in my books.

Please help me understand - they use soukous but they sound like Paul Simon??
    They also have ska elements - like the Mighty Mighty Bosstones?

PS.I'm neither a parent nor a grandparent.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Needs &autoplay;

• in what world does it make sense to pour tens of millions of dollars down the drain on television advertising buys that alienate and piss off potential customers? i mean, at least come up with a few extra versions with different songs?

Holliday is so bad that La Pompollmoose YouTube twees don't even bother me anymore. And just noticing now another connection, both ads have lame human being puppet stop action animation on some Super 8 cliche.

bassie said:
    Woimsah said:
    bassie said:
    Woimsah said:

Name them.

edit - oh the irony.

Okem said:

Now this ad creeps me the fuck out.

yea, if they can rollerskate, then they can definitely kill you while you sleep.

Woimsah said:
    bassie said:
    Woimsah said:
    bassie said:
    Woimsah said:

Name them.

edit - oh the irony.

?? What are you showing here?
    This is exactly what I'm talking about!

• I think what you all are discounting is the actual EFFECTIVENESS of this ad campaign. I now own 10 Honda Civics and it's all because of this commercial!

bassie said:

?? What are you showing here?
    This is exactly what I'm talking about!

We are not communicating.

That riff is not a Simon riff.
    So the sing-songy vocals then?
    Like how so many of these indiehipsterarty bands are doing?

This is not going to go anywhere.
    You enjoy it and I will avoid it - everyone is happy.

bassie said:
    We are not communicating.

That riff is not a Simon riff.
    So the sing-songy vocals then?
    Like how so many of these indiehipsterarty bands are doing?

This is not going to go anywhere.
    You enjoy it and I will avoid it - everyone is happy.

??? I could be happier. So is this like saying (insert new band here) sounds like Zeppelin but in fact they really sound like (insert blues act here) because that's said riff's origins?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    bassie said:
    I will avoid it -.

THIS is the problem....I have not bee able to avoid this nails on blackboard sounding song.....it's everyfuckingwhere.

Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:
    I will avoid it -.

THIS is the problem....I have not bee able to avoid this nails on blackboard sounding song.....it's everyfuckingwhere.

I guess there's one tiny good thing about not having cable and wanting to watch NFL?

W - When it is so obvious, yes. It is not influenced by, it is a direct lift imo.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:
    I will avoid it -.

Don't you have Tivo or whatever you call pause-able tv?

I just hit pause when the adds come on. (Or turn over and watch Vampire Weekend videos on MTV.)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

hahaha... this is awesome.

suddenly i don't feel so threatened.

bassie said:
    Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:
    I will avoid it -.

I guess there's one tiny good thing about not having cable and wanting to watch NFL?

W - When it is so obvious, yes. It is not influenced by, it is a direct lift imo.

I CAN'T EVEN LISTEN TO RICKY ROMANCE THREATEN CHRIS BROWN WITHOUT HEARING IT!!

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:
    I will avoid it -.

Exactly. And in the course of flipping between channels to check out multiple games I end up seeing this shit 5-6 times an hour, maybe more.

And the band is a cluster of fucks that apparently poses for publicity shots 12 hours a day.

How many people were at this show and not one had a gun?

BobDesperado said:

Oh....wow.

There's an Iranian guy in the band (not this pastel glowstick)....I'm writing his mom and telling her 'keyboard player' is not computer engineer like he told her.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    chick from hyundai commercials is evangelical christian pushermans

bassie said:
    BobDesperado said:

Oh....wow.

There's an Iranian guy in the band (not this pastel glowstick)....I'm writing his mom and telling her 'keyboard player' is not computer engineer like he told her.

^^^Best Poast Of 2011^^^