I Want To Murder Vampire Weekend

13»

Comments

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:
    BobDesperado said:

Oh....wow.

There's an Iranian guy in the band (not this pastel glowstick)....I'm writing his mom and telling her 'keyboard player' is not computer engineer like he told her.

^^^Best Poast Of 2011^^^

If I've ever seen a guy wearing cuffed shorts in public I've blacked it out.

I love "pastel glowstick," that's just beautiful.

• BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:
    BobDesperado said:

Oh....wow.

There's an Iranian guy in the band (not this pastel glowstick)....I'm writing his mom and telling her 'keyboard player' is not computer engineer like he told her.

^^^Best Poast Of 2011^^^

If I've ever seen a guy wearing cuffed shorts in public I've blacked it out.

I've never seen THAT before, but what say you of PLAID shorts?! Lately I've been seeing them around more often than not, and before then I never really paid much attention to it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    There are worse things than Vampire Weekend. For instance, this ad has been showing on every break during Celtics games for 6 weeks now:

• crabmongerfunk said:

^^^Best Poast Of 2011^^^

also, big fail on the B-52s hatt:

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:

also, big fail on the B-52s hatt:

oooo buddy, if you're having trouble wrapping your head around such claims at only 4 posts in, just you wait....

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    Agreed. Someone please find the post where bassie talks about her mom yelling at someone on the phone; I can't remember the precise phrasing, but there's a real winner in there--something along the lines of "my mom does all her wilding in Farsi." I about fell out when I read it.

I dislike Vampire Weekend, I really dislike fucking Pamplemoose, and while the B-52s may not have been Punk???, they were disruptive and subversive enough that it'd take a real shook one and/or spiritual tightwad to deny them their pass (see also Rock??? v. Steely Dan, et al., ad infinitum nauseam).

My man Tony let Cindy Wilson borrow his mittens one time, and said she was a real fox. Reading that back, I realize that "borrow his mittens" may sound like a euphemism, but in fact it is not. It was an unseasonably brisk evening--he was just helping a lady out, you know?

And to Garcia Vega somewhere upthread: I feel you on the Pamplemoose rage, but the lyric is actually "Up on the housetop / reindeer pause..."

• I'm unashamed of my B-52's fandom, and will proudly do the Escalator every now and then. But what say you of DEVO?!

Many put them in the same vein as Oingo Boingo and The B-52's. So do they warrant the same disapproval or are they safe from the hatt?!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    I'm unashamed of my B-52's fandom, and will proudly do the Escalator every now and then.

all about "Deep Sleep" for me...

Ironically enough (pertaining to this thread), I actually saw Fred Schneider walking the other day in Williamsburg.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What is this thread even about?

B/W

You dis Devo you dis yourself.

• Cosmo said:
    What is this thread even about?

B/W

I don't know anymore. I think it had something to do with vampires living in lofts in Brooklyn on the weekends and enjoying the holidays a bit too much.

And no, never that. Never hatt on DEVO.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Cosmo said:

Devo >>> most rock bands ever (and especially most rock bands ever mentioned on SoulSturt)

• Options
    Devo did some good shit. I'd never lump them in with Oingo Boingo or the horrific B-52s.

I always thought of the B-52s as the anti-Cramps.

• I hatt on Fred Schnider because I went to the record shop to buy this particular Bardot LP. It had been a wall piece for a minute at the shop and I decided to drop the loot on it...I went in and told the dude I wanted the Bardot LP...dude told me Fred Schnider had just bought it about 20 minutes before I got there. Goddamn a Fred Schnider.

• a kind of sadistic idea occurred to me last night:

take this Vampire Weekend mp3 and put it on a one off both sided test pressing. abrade it a couple times with very fine grain sand and VPI it, rinse and repeat. throw it in a 70's blank cover with og sleeve, all correct patina. tape onto it a homemade crayon drawing of a lizardman being crucified while ripping a monster bong hit. apply a $1 price tag.

tuck it into a forgotten corner of a dallas/fort worth half price books.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    a kind of sadistic idea occurred to me last night:

take this Vampire Weekend mp3 and put it on a one off both sided test pressing. abrade it a couple times with very fine grain sand and VPI it, rinse and repeat. throw it in a 70's blank cover with og sleeve, all correct patina. tape onto it a homemade crayon drawing of a lizardman being crucified while ripping a monster bong hit. apply a $1 price tag.

tuck it into a forgotten corner of a dallas/fort worth half price books.

You've obviously never been to a D/FW Half Price Books.

Each one has a bin filled with home made paste on artwork test pressings and acetates.

• lvlewitinn Lawrence
    "Target Rock" -- The style of music from bands over the past few years created solely in the hopes of being used in a TV ad campaign.
    13 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

• james said:
    And to Garcia Vega somewhere upthread: I feel you on the Pamplemoose rage, but the lyric is actually "Up on the housetop / reindeer pause..."

Oh, well shit, I love the song now!

Only 332 days until Christmas!