TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• I think Woy is a little lost..

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I was looking at this Q Magazine Top 30 albums of the last 25 years. As voted for by people stupid enough to read their magazine in the first place.

Is it beyond discussion that the 'the Naughties' were completely bloody awful? Sure a lot of those 90s albums are hyped beyond belief but at least it felt like they 'meant something' to an extent.

1. OK Computer ??? Radiohead
    2. Nevermind ??? Nirvana
    3. (What???s The Story) Morning Glory? ??? Oasis
    4. Definitely Maybe ??? Oasis
    5. Whatever People Say I Am That???s What I???m Not ??? Arctic Monkeys
    6. The Joshua Tree ??? U2
    7. The Stone Roses ??? The Stone Roses
    8. The Bends ??? Radiohead
    9. Achtung Baby ??? U2
    10. Black Holes And Revelations ??? Muse
    11. Is This It ??? The Strokes
    12. A Rush Of Blood To The Head ??? Coldplay
    13. Parklife ??? Blur
    14. Screamadelica ??? Primal Scream
    15. White Blood Cells ??? The White Stripes
    16. In The Aeroplane Over The Sea ??? Neutral Milk Hotel
    17. Hot Fuss ??? The Killers.
    18. Kid A ??? Radiohead
    19. Funeral ??? Arcade Fire
    20. American Idiot ??? Green Day
    21. The Holy Bible ??? Manic Street Preachers
    22. Absolution ??? Muse
    23. In Rainbows ??? Radiohead
    24. Only By The Night ??? Kings Of Leon
    25. Demon Days ??? Gorillaz
    26. Origin Of Symmetry ??? Muse
    27. Appetite For Destruction ??? Guns N???Roses
    28. Urban Hymns ??? The Verve
    29. Automatic For The People ??? R.E.M.
    30. Loveless ??? My Bloody Valentine

I'd struggle to listen to more than half of these albums. I'm definitely down with the Radiohead-centric world view though as they piss on all the albums on this list

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    What a 'orrible fucking list.

• Meh. Dad-rock. No hip hop, dance etc.

Also, I'm amazed that people still ride for Oasis. Their entire output sounded suspiciously like pub-rock/Status Quo at the time, and even more so with hindsight.

I ride for the first two Oasis albums. I know, I know the compression is so fatiguing that you might as well listen to white noise but I enjoyed it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Most of the stuff on the list is worthy enough, but not "Top 30 albums of the last 25 years" worthy.

The lack of anything more current has probably got more to do with the Q readership demographic than any lasting comment about the 00s musical output.

True. I guess I was trying to say that at least that mainstream rock shit used to be half-decent.

Here's a list of 10 albums that I liked in the 00s: (just in case you were wondering)

Kanye West - College Dropout
    Rick Ross - Teflon Don
    Jay-Z ??? The Blueprint
    The-Dream - Love/Hate
    Radiohead ??? In Rainbows
    Beanie Sigel - The Reason
    UGK - Dirty Money
    Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
    T.I - King
    Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yes,
    Yes,
    Yes,
    Yes,
    Yes,
    Yes,
    Yes,
    :bug:

Fiona Apple. Who'da thunk it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I can't remember what was in my 00s list.. Boy In Da Corner, Stankonia, Original Pirate Material were probably on it though.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    ARSENAL is beasting right now. Awesome match!

• after the crap boxing day football, last night was a real treat.

also, a question for ancelotti - what positiion are chelsea going to finish this season....?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    neil_something said:
    after the crap boxing day football, last night was a real treat.

also, a question for ancelotti - how many more games are chelsea going to win this season....?

Fixed.

• Pretty funny how Ancelotti is now being found out after being heralded as a genius last season.
    He just took Maureenio's core team and got them to attack more.
    Not doing so well now..

Great win for Arsenal to break the run of defeats against Chelsea and boost their season.
    Still think United will take it though

As expected, Balotelli hasn't got the temperament for the move here.
    Dzeko could well shoot City further into the title reckoning if they buy him.

He's no Berbatov ;-)

Who's gonna start the 'Crocodile Dundee, can you hear me?' thread then.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    Who's gonna start the 'Crocodile Dundee, can you hear me?' thread then.
    :-S oh, I just got it. you're referring to the cricket.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    maybe post this? it's got cricket & bad rap. Australians love teh bad raps.

• badder_than_evil said:
    Pretty funny how Ancelotti is now being found out after being heralded as a genius last season.
    Not doing so well now..

What? Chelsea have had three managers since Mourinho and you could argue that much of his core team is long gone (Makelele, Joe Cole, Robben, Gallas, etc).

RIP

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

RIP

Oh man. RIP

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I didn't realize Avi was Tamir Cohen's father, or rather that he was his son. Rip Cohen Snr.

• neil_something said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    Pretty funny how Ancelotti is now being found out after being heralded as a genius last season.
    Not doing so well now..

What? Chelsea have had three managers since Mourinho and you could argue that much of his core team is long gone (Makelele, Joe Cole, Robben, Gallas, etc).

I would put Terry, Lampard,Cech,Carvalho,Essien,Cole(both and Drogba as Maureenio's core players that have seen them through the last three managers reigns.

It's pretty mad how reliant they are on Drogba playing well, it's like Scolari all over again.

Although I heard a rumour that his bout of malaria was just a cover for his post-Ashley Cole relationship anorexia.

Paul said:
    Although I heard a rumour that his bout of malaria was just a cover for his post-Ashley Cole relationship anorexia.

:lol:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    It would normally amuse me to see baconface taste his own medicine (although they still get a point, which is therfore watered-down medicine) but the feeling is offset as it's that waste of oxygen Bowyer what did it.

One-man team City did OK yesterday, especially since Tevez was resting, no-one was on the field.

I've almost settled on the Ashes thread title......

'Julian Assange, can you hear me?'

So good it would probably get deleted though!

• How long until Hodgson is fired and ends up back at Blackburn??

Not the easiest games coming up for them either.

How long until Hodgson is fired and ends up back at Blackburn Ashford Town??

I'm sure Damien Comolli is going through his phone book as we speak.

I was going to ask if anyone could imagine the absolute beasting Rafa would have received at the hands of the media, were we to play so badly and be so far down the table under him. But then I remembered that he got that treatment anyway, when we weren't anything like as far adrift and still stood a chance of qualifying for the CL. At this rate, the only hope we've got of getting into Europe is by writing a song.

And yet, and yet...fucking bluenose cunt Andy Gray last night; "You have to feel sorry for Roy, he's inherited all sorts of problems..." What? What problems? You mean, problems like a squad containing 11 players who went to the World Cup? Problems like players who are ineffective when they're consistently played out of position (Kuyt and Meireles as wingers last night, with Kyrgiakos as fucking centre-forward by the end)? Problems like one of the best strikers in the world who becomes as useless as a third nipple when he's reduced to being a target man shoved so far up the field that he's unable to play his normal game? Problems like his daily press briefings-cum-brainfarts in which he frequently criticises the fans, the players or the previous manager, and consistently avoids any responsibility for his own hopeless tactics, his own piss-poor signings and his own failure to motivate a team that, at their very worst last season, looked nowhere near as bereft as they do now?

And to make matters worse, there are Liverpool fans demanding the return of Dalglish, Rafa or even fucking Keegan in his place, which only goes to show that some of our fans as as clueless as our manager.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Keegan

LOL.

Woy is having a mare, he seems tactically out of his depth with this squad which should on paper provide him with more options than he had at Fulham. The squad have to shoulder some of it doe, there is a lot of money out there with not many points to show for it.

Are they crocked or summik?

Should have hired the MONster.

8-/

He can't be much worse than Woy surely.