Rap aint dead...

Comments

• hip hop is hip hop there should be no race creed or breed when it comes to hip hop ...if it sounds good then crank it

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    RoNiKaL said:
    hip hop is hip hop there should be no race creed or breed when it comes to hip hop ...if it sounds good then crank it

You sound like an Australian rapper

• im from aus and i agree with alot of the stuff from aus is wack but hip hop is not limited to race creed or colour
    i think its time we understand that...............

• RoNiKaL said:
    hip hop is hip hop there should be no race creed or breed when it comes to hip hop ...if it sounds good then crank it

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    RoNiKaL said:
    im from aus and i agree with alot of the stuff from aus is wack but hip hop is not limited to race creed or colour

-Martin Luther Kang-aroo

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    RoNiKaL said:
    im from aus and i agree with alot of the stuff from aus is wack but hip hop is not limited to race creed or colour

no shit. i don't think anyone on here disputes that. BUT don't discount the fact that nearly all of the best, most influential, most memorable, and basically the only aspect of music in the scope of the rap universe that matters IS limited to a specific race and colour.

like reynaldo said, "dudes keep trying to forget."

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

• bangs....HAHA....remember when that came out!

couldn't tell if it was a piss take or deliberate! it's real LOL

koolism have done some dope stuff in the beat dep't

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    shitzr said:
    RoNiKaL said:

no shit. i don't think anyone on here disputes that. BUT don't discount the fact that nearly all of the best, most influential, most memorable, and basically the only aspect of music in the scope of the rap universe that matters IS limited to a specific race and colour.

like reynaldo said, "dudes keep trying to forget."

Afrika Bambaata wept

race, colour

wtf are you dudes on

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    ...if it sounds good then crank it

You sound like an Australian rapper
    both of these need to be graemlins

• Lol I like where this thread has gone.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Someone post a link to the Australian hip hop message board where all these lil dudes popped up from.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Those crazy americans don't get it - and don't deserve to know what we do. If they are genuinely curious, then they will search for it themselves..

• edpowers said:
    RoNiKaL said:

-Martin Luther Kang-aroo

thats some funny stuff right there .............i hear alot of crud come out of both the states and aus .......i.e kanye west
    you guys should be ashamed for that

• This thread has gotten out of control.

Opinions have been expressed

Let's kill it?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    where can I get a giant REAL HIP HOP tombstone like in that first vid?

you guys have any leads?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Oribasan1 said:
    This thread has gotten out of control.

Opinions have been expressed

Let's kill it?
    POST YOUR TOP 5 AUSSIE RAPPS OR BE BANNED

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    tokyobeats said:

one of my uso homies hipped my to those koolism cats. i'm not mad at them. they got the same formula of ol' boom bap stylings, but their shit sounds a little more current. definitely fresher than the previous oz posts.

or maybe i'm just biased cuz of the maori brutha...

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    RAP AINT DEAD!!!because I found it. It's alive. It was hibernating in Japan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh8YYONrLIc

• shitzr said:
    tokyobeats said:

one of my uso homies hipped my to those koolism cats. i'm not mad at them. they got the same formula of ol' boom bap stylings, but their shit sounds a little more current. definitely fresher than the previous oz posts.

Dude, Hau's ancestry is Tongan. Unfortunately your bias is misplaced.

Anyway I kills me when someone like Kool Herc & Bambaataa totally embrace universal hip-hop, yet a bunch of clowns on the Strut think they are the high chiefs of cultural empiricalness.
    They've showed nothing but genuine love for local artists when they've toured.
    I'd take their word over some internet fool.

I'd really question whether strutters consider participants from the African continent as valid or are they as equally dismissed.

And regarding the constant argument here: Is Brazilian/Ethiopian/Polish...etc jazz valid...?

What a stupid load of ignorance some of the members on this board continue to celebrate...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    And regarding the constant argument here: Is Brazilian/Ethiopian/Polish...etc jazz valid...?
    No, it's tepid.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    idiotproof said:
    shitzr said:
    tokyobeats said:

Anyway I kills me when someone like Kool Herc & Bambaataa totally embrace universal hip-hop, yet a bunch of clowns on the Strut think they are the high chiefs of cultural empiricalness.

I'd really question whether strutters consider participants from the African continent as valid or are they as equally dismissed.

What a stupid load of ignorance some of the members on this board continue to celebrate...

my bad for the assumption that dude's maori. but yo, this discussion started because a clip was fucking WACK! and it just so happened to be that the rapper was white and had an accent.

validity of rappers no matter where they originate from is irrelevant. whether or not they are "dope" or "wack" is.

and in case you try to pull that bullshit card on me, NO MUHFUCKA, I AIN'T WHITE!

• shitzr said:
    idiotproof said:
    shitzr said:
    tokyobeats said:

my bad for the assumption that dude's maori. but yo, this discussion started because a clip was fucking WACK! and it just so happened to be that the rapper was white and had an accent.

validity of rappers no matter where they originate from is irrelevant. whether or not they are "dope" or "wack" is.

and in case you try to pull that bullshit card on me, NO MUHFUCKA, I AIN'T WHITE!
    What shit is that?

Hau (of Koolism) talks of his mixed culture & background & over the course of several albums & appearances we learn from him about his life & perception of the world. Hopefully we as listeners take it in & become closer as people through our understanding of a viewpoint that is different from our own.

We need some WikiLeaks docs on here to know EXACTLY what you guys feel. Ha!

Anyone on here watch foreign films with subtitles? Sheesh!!!
    Oh sorry, cinema was invented by Americans, obviously on-one can make films as good as the USA can.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    you missed the god damn point my man.

• Wonder if anyone is a regular over at Rob Nat's http://www.unkut.com/
    He used to produce beats for Trem & came up in the same crew RFC.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Sirs,

By what have been said so far, and some of the views expressed in this thread, then:

- The rest of the world should not be "allowed" to embrace/ practice that culture?
    - Those who embrace/ practice that culture, should not be "accepted" as part of the culture, because they're not really the right "race creed or colour " that the rap universe "limits" to?

If so then god damn, all my Asian brothers who still buy records and making beats that are so "15 yrs ago" by American standard should give up, and stick with finance and IT....cuz whats the point then, if they put in 200% of what they have to make music that they love but are considered boring and outdated, and that rest of the world could care less about cuz they're not the right "race creed or colour " that the rap universe "limits" to.

Please enlighten my ass.

Regards,
    Kenny
    P.S. TREM is dope in my book.

• shitzr said:
    you missed the god damn point my man.
    Why would I even comment about skin colour?
    I wouldn't even go there & yet you thought I might 'pull that card'. silly move.

I can't relate to the majority of white South Africans I've met. Yet I should because of colour?
    That shit is crazy?
    I know you think colour is irrelevant & skills are, but yet you pulled the pull card.
    Hence the confusion.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Brian said:

haha soul strut...... give fuck what they ... they all wank off to placebo records

• Fixed ...