Photography Strut - Pics you shot recently

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

home cookin

• from my recent trip to thailand

• seattle

• y'all are some sick photographers! awwdamn always brings heat.

• many great ones here!

i love how gravelheadwrap's are either cows, ice, or hiphop dudes.

• Saying this scan was a mother fucker to clean up is an understatement. 30x40

• Oops double post

• ROD1ROD1 26 Posts
    great photos, those iphone pics are great. I will check out that app! thanks!

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    This spider has been hanging out on my front porch for the past 3 weeks. I now call him my pet...and we actually have an understanding that as long as he doesn't stretch his web across my walkway, he can stay as long as he wishes.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

lucha

leaves

loko (iphone pic)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    This spider has been hanging out on my front porch for the past 3 weeks. I now call him my pet...and we actually have an understanding that as long as he doesn't stretch his web across my walkway, he can stay as long as he wishes.

Lil dude did some nice work on his web today...

• HarveyCanal said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Lil dude did some nice work on his web today...

The brake lights look like demon eyes.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    LoopDreams said:

This is wonderful.

Also, RAJ, I love your pictures. what kind of lens did you use for those? I'm trying to get a nikon D90 for X-mas. That much I have decided on. Its the lens part that is killing me. I only have so much money to burn.

I really want a nice portrait lens, maybe like a 50mm 1.4 or 1.8. But then I also want a zoom, and I like the range of the 18-200 which seems perfect for me, but its only like f3.5 or f4 or something like that, so its not that bright. And I take a lot of indoor shots of the kids and I always have to bump up the ISO or use the flash right now, and wide angles are nice for indoors, especially with 2 kids so you can get them together and stuff. So a nice bright wide angle prime might be nice too. But I don't want to have 100 different lenses.

Arg. Don't know what to get.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Gary said:

This is wonderful.

Also, RAJ, I love your pictures. what kind of lens did you use for those? I'm trying to get a nikon D90 for X-mas. That much I have decided on. Its the lens part that is killing me. I only have so much money to burn.

I really want a nice portrait lens, maybe like a 50mm 1.4 or 1.8. But then I also want a zoom, and I like the range of the 18-200 which seems perfect for me, but its only like f3.5 or f4 or something like that, so its not that bright. And I take a lot of indoor shots of the kids and I always have to bump up the ISO or use the flash right now, and wide angles are nice for indoors, especially with 2 kids so you can get them together and stuff. So a nice bright wide angle prime might be nice too. But I don't want to have 100 different lenses.

Arg. Don't know what to get.

I got those two exact lenses, the 18-200, and the fixed 50 f1.4 and have been really happy. I might be moving up to a full frame body, and be down to sell the 18-200 if you're looking used.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Gary, my wife has a D90 and the 50mm 1.4 and 18-200 lenses, along with an SB-600 speedligh/flash. The SB-600 makes a HUGE difference as the built on flash sucks.

• we put our tree up last nite. it's not done yet (could use a garland and more pine coney stuff) but here's a photo

i moved my camera a little too early and it became a discomas tree

• Photobucket

snapped with my cellphone in Lower Manhattan

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    nzshadow said:

I've been reading his site, and while I enjoy it he seems to contradict himself a lot. Almost to the point where I'm just as confused after reading his different opinions as I was before I read them.

CBear - I might be very very interested. You gonna get the d7000?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    edith head said:

love it. Beautiful wallpaper, too!

elise said:
    edith head said:

Agreed. The wall paper almost makes me not pay attention to the leaning tree and lampshade.

elise said:
    edith head said:

Agreed. The wallpaper almost makes me not pay attention to the leaning tree and lamp shade.

• billbradley said:
    elise said:
    edith head said:

Agreed. The wallpaper almost makes me not pay attention to the leaning tree and lamp shade.

ha! the lamp was constructed to be leaning; the tree not so much. we only realized when we got home that it wouldn't fit into the tree stand and did a rather awful halfass job with the hacksaw to make the stump fit. oh well, i'm just happy it smells like christmas tree in my home now.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Gary said:
    nzshadow said:

I've been reading his site, and while I enjoy it he seems to contradict himself a lot. Almost to the point where I'm just as confused after reading his different opinions as I was before I read them.

CBear - I might be very very interested. You gonna get the d7000?

I really want the D700. Selling that 18-200 lens and my D300 my be the kick in the pants I need to do it.

• Photographed a student-filmed zombie kung fu flick last month for a 35mm photo class. Just digitized the negatives for the director's website.

http://lntafilms.com/2010/12/12/curse-of-the-white-lotus-behind-the-scenes/