Grap Luva plays Damu some old beats.

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central

:face_melt: Sounds like he was about to give Pete a run for his money.
I hope he gets to put these out even if he doesn't get raps done on them.

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Grap lives in DC now. I met him at a record show down there a couple months ago. humble dude. he was pretty excited when i knew who he was.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    magnetic said:

:face_melt: Sounds like he was about to give Pete a run for his money.
    I hope he gets to put these out even if he doesn't get raps done on them.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    damn....that was dope he had a gang of sick beats!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm finding the chutney ferret more interesting than the Grap beats...

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    bull_ox said:

• Does his shirt really say Rap - Lies = Hip-Hop?

Anyway I liked a couple of the beats.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Grap is that dude. He still puttin out shit with Jazzy Sport and the like. I liked the story about Half man that was one of the best tracks on the Pete Lp

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    that dope...really dig the dudes attitude and vibe...cant place it but his mannerisms reminds me of someone.... good to see some ppl still got that passion for the art and aint all jaded...

i also found this youtube clip of him talking about beats, Rob O, Marley Marl mixing his tracks etc

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    I always liked that Half Man Amazin - Meth has some good lines there

Funny how Grap Luva is so reverent re: his physical brother Pete Rock -

I thought Grap had done more, had this idea I had a lp of his beats, must have had mixed him up with someone else
    -
    All I can find is this - am i missing something?

I wonder if him and Kool G Rap ever had words about the monicker tho - on some "GRAP LUVA" - (nohomo) steez

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    serch4beatz said:
    bull_ox said:

That's right, I've been disconnected from 1998 beats since... 1999.

• I really love that track "Touch the sky" that grap did about 10 years ago. Anybody remember that? I think it only came out on a comp.

• I really love this one:

J-Live: "Them That's Not"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    bull_ox said:

Seriously

• Possum Tom said:
    Grap lives in DC now. I met him at a record show down there a couple months ago. humble dude. he was pretty excited when i knew who he was.

He bought the Pete Rock Wax Po issue from my table. I didn't know who he was till you told me though. Nice dude.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Mongo_Slade said:
    I really love this one:

Hah that's really cool. I never heard that before.

• these beats would have killed it if they came out in the 90s when he says he made them... that first one is mad chill

always dug his production on "step up" off the INI album, though it uses that thunder and lightning cut and little feat, each which has been used to death. "microphone wanderlust" was pretty dope too IMO

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Mongo_Slade said:
    I really love this one:

Hah that's really cool. I never heard that before.
    DOPE

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    bull_ox said:

Seriously

Hatters!!! But seriously, those beats were nice, maybe some out of touch euroman with lots of money can get CL Smooth to Record over these and make sure the cover includes the phrase "Produced by Pete Rock..................'s brother" at least a few times.

Either that or some shitty underground rapper can make their own "Neo-Classic" album ala Celph Titled over these beats.

peace,xavier

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Holy crap...I mean I guess people are still interested in hearing shit like this somewhere in the world....

• Bsides said:
    Holy crap...I mean I guess people are still interested in hearing shit like this somewhere in the world....

Grap Luva is playing some old beats that a lot of people seem to be feeling. Hardly a reason for hyperbole. Aren't you the dude whose "old beats" = long ass jazz loop + drum break?

• fronting on sp 1200 beats = you never liked real hip hop to begin with. thats the foundation son.

you liked it in 98 but not in 99- 2011 ?

"i now strictly like 2 note trance synth keyboard board beats that only use 808 kits... if only grap would make THOSE kinda tracks on his sp1200"

if you claimed to have once liked something, i dont understand the concept of musical expiration.

i liked my grandmother when she was 56 but not at 78, cuz shes old and out of style and i dont like how she aged.

typical snoozestrut band-wagoneers.

this place.... yall need to do a chart based on lunchroom stats... who chills with who, whos running shit, and who the suckers are.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    bull_ox said:

Seriously

Hahahaha., you know what a chutney ferret is right??

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Okem said:
    faux_rillz said:
    bull_ox said:

Seriously

Hahahaha., you know what a chutney ferret is right??

Similar to a fudgemonk?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Grap is ill, if anyone that likes him hasn't checked the first Nextmen album...you seriously need to.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    fronting on sp 1200 beats = you never liked real hip hop to begin with. thats the foundation son.

"i now strictly like 2 note trance synth keyboard board beats that only use 808 kits... if only grap would make THOSE kinda tracks on his sp1200"

if you claimed to have once liked something, i dont understand the concept of musical expiration.

i liked my grandmother when she was 56 but not at 78, cuz shes old and out of style and i dont like how she aged.

this place.... yall need to do a chart based on lunchroom stats... who chills with who, whos running shit, and who the suckers are.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:

Thank you.

That analogy is great, by the way.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Still amazes me how Faux_Rillz is supposedly a grown ass man that likes the type of rap music he likes......Sniffing coke and slappin' bitches or whatever.

Sort of related to this post.....Its Pete Rock-produced

• coolchris said:
    I really love that track "Touch the sky" that grap did about 10 years ago. Anybody remember that? I think it only came out on a comp.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Wide-Angles/master/71032

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Still amazes me how Faux_Rillz is supposedly a grown ass man that likes the type of rap music he likes......Sniffing coke and slappin' bitches or whatever.

RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    fronting on sp 1200 beats = you never liked real hip hop to begin with. thats the foundation son.

:game_over: