MLB 2010 THREAD

Comments

• rootlesscosmo said:
    tripledouble said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Wednesday tix copped.

oh, sorry bro. looks like the giants gonna be losing that one

who you guys starting
    forget your regular season stats. king cole is back.
    you get 2 runs tops...that includes the obligatory rodeo clown solo homer

• rootlesscosmo said:
    tripledouble said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Wednesday tix copped.

oh, sorry bro. looks like the giants gonna be losing that one

who you guys starting
    forget your regular season stats. king cole is back.
    you get 2 runs tops...that includes the obligatory rodeo clown solo homer

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Halladay/Oswalt

you're forgetting someone important.

BobDesperado said:
    There are even scenarios where you could have THREE such matchups.

Lee has never pitched on three day's rest and they're going to make him do it twice? I guess he's a rental anyway, why not Tommy John him.

• why you say hes a rental?
    is he definitely gonna go get that yankee money when seasons out? id hate to see that.
    shouldnt be right for a team to buy up dudes who kill them regularly

• tripledouble said:
    why you say hes a rental?
    is he definitely gonna go get that yankee money when seasons out? id hate to see that.

He was apparently headed to the Yankees at the trade deadline but Seattle backed off what Cashman was offering at the last minute & went w/ Texas' deal (which Seattle is apparently now regretting). Yankees are gonna back up the truck for Lee; his other deepest pocketed suitor, Boston, stupidly spent the $ they could have offered him on an injured Beckett & lacking Lackey. I'd say chances are great he'll end up in pinstripes next season unless Texas wins it all this year & he re-signs.

• maocontent said:
    tripledouble said:

He was apparently headed to the Yankees at the trade deadline but Seattle backed off what Cashman was offering at the last minute & went w/ Texas' deal (which Seattle is apparently now regretting). Yankees are gonna back up the truck for Lee; his other deepest pocketed suitor, Boston, stupidly spent the $ they could have offered him on an injured Beckett & lacking Lackey. I'd say chances are great he'll end up in pinstripes next season unless Texas wins it all this year & he re-signs.

As much as I think there is a possibility of Lee being tantalized to pick up a briefcase with the rest of the Yanks, he might be looking for more than just money on the table after part of a season with the Rangers' clubhouse. The dude has a family and the Rangers' environment is pretty tempting for players that want a healthy team and familial atmosphere. If the Rangers can break out close enough compensation and Texas even just goes to the World Series, not necessarily wins out, Lee has reason enough to stay. Basically Rangers' team dynamics + comparable but less pay > Yankee money and prestige. Hamilton is in the Rangers organization for these reasons. Just look at how much care has been given to his drug/alcohol habits by the team.

• InnerSpace said:
    maocontent said:
    tripledouble said:

As much as I think there is a possibility of Lee being tantalized to pick up a briefcase with the rest of the Yanks, he might be looking for more than just money on the table after part of a season with the Rangers' clubhouse. The dude has a family and the Rangers' environment is pretty tempting for players that want a healthy team and familial atmosphere. If the Rangers can break out close enough compensation and Texas even just goes to the World Series, not necessarily wins out, Lee has reason enough to stay. Basically Rangers' team dynamics + comparable but less pay > Yankee money and prestige. Hamilton is in the Rangers organization for these reasons. Just look at how much care has been given to his drug/alcohol habits by the team.

Believe me, the last thing I'd wanna see is him end up w/ the Yankees. But I think him re-signing w/ Texas may be contingent on them not just getting close but winning it all this go round. I know it's a new ownership group but will the Rangers wanna sink all that $ into one player again after seeing how it crippled the franchise w/ A-Rod? Maybe if their half season rental of Lee this year yields a ring, in which case they're already ahead on whatever bigger investment they pull the trigger on.

• That's why they play the games, right Tony?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    selperfuge said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Halladay/Oswalt

you're forgetting someone important.

Who??

Colby Lewis and his 196 K's?

b/w

Tommy Hunter with the best winning percenatge in MLB?

mannybolone said:
    Cody Ross ain't trying to hear you.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Sorry to rain on the Rangers/Phillies parade but Cain and Ross seem to have other ideas.

SF + 1

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Sorry to rain on the Rangers/Phillies parade but Cain and Ross seem to have other ideas.

SF + 1

Ranger fans would rather play the Giants....that's for sure.

• ME JOSH HAMILTON. ME BEAST!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    my hood is mad............

• WHY IS THE PEDERAST FROM HARD CANDY SINGING ON MY TV RIGHT NOW?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Once again, lots of Yankees fans dressed as empty seats by the 9th inning. Where do they think they are, Dodger's stadium? How do they expect their team to mount a comeback when Texas fans outnumber them?

• Options
    Watching Yankee fans - the most despicable front-running group of heartless goons anywhere in sports - abandon their team by the tens of thousands on two consecutive nights:

PRICELESS.

BobDesperado said:
    Watching Yankee fans - the most despicable front-running group of heartless goons anywhere in sports - abandon their team by the tens of thousands on two consecutive nights:

PRICELESS.

Did anybody have the Yankees beating the Rangers?

• batmon said:
    BobDesperado said:

PRICELESS.

Did anybody have the Yankees beating the Rangers?

yes. including people in parts of texas.

• The fan interference on not one, but THREE important plays was despicable. I turned the game off at 6-3, too - it may have been more for all I know.

I didn't think the Rangers RF had a chance of catching that HR, but hitting his glove is waaay out of bounds. Fan should've been ejected. And standing in the way of *your own player*, racing to make a tough catch, so your fat ass can grab a foul ball? Outrageous. They deserve Teh Lose, and every jeer and slight that's thrown their way. The Yankees themselves should let off a couple once the series is over. They won't, but they should.

It figures that these "fans" started fleeing for the George Washington or the 4 Train before the game was over. What a lousy bunch of assholes.*

* 90% of Yankees fans in this city cannot afford to attend the games.

Jonny_Paycheck said:

reeltawk

• batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

reeltawk

this could have it's own thread. for more or less every league in pro sports.

ive paid $800 for two tickets to a maple leafs game in toronto, and ive paid $80 for two tickets to a maple leafs game in atlanta. the glaring discrepancy is that the latter came with all you can eat and an open bar.

• Joe fucking Girardi, ugh.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I've actually only heard the occasional griping at work. Teh Bronx is definitely chirp in my area.

• batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

reeltawk

I liked what Will Leitch had to say this morning: "The inevitable consequence of billion-dollar cathedrals of luxury boxes is a wealthier, more corporate, less engaged fan. It happens. We get it. But it was astounding, and deeply depressing, to see the massive number of empty seats there were at Yankee Stadium in the seventh inning tonight. (In the ninth inning, down by seven runs, we suppose we understand.) It was a long game, on a Tuesday night, and everybody's gotta go to work Wednesday, all understood. But considering how many amazing October nights the Yankees have given their fans over the last 15 years, and considering the tying run was at the plate in the eighth inning, it must have been harrowing for Yankees brass to see so many fans head for the gates. We don't want to see anyone mocking Los Angeles sports fans anymore. The new Yankee Stadium has turned Yankees postseason crowds into something we don't recognize, and don't want to."

• 2005 World Series: Two tickets each to games 1 & 2, good seats, in the first WS in Chicago in a dog's age = $500 for everything.
    Probably the best $500 I ever spent.
    Paying $500 to sit nosebleed with spoiled whiners at one game and watch A-Rod? PASS FOREVER.

• DCarfagna said:
    2005 World Series: Two tickets each to games 1 & 2, good seats, in the first WS in Chicago in a dog's age = $500 for everything.
    Probably the best $500 I ever spent.
    Paying $500 to sit nosebleed with spoiled whiners at one game and watch A-Rod? PASS FOREVER.

You are discounting the opportunity to run onto the field and attempt to assault A-Rod in defense of Cameron Diaz's honor. PRICELESS.