MLB 2010 THREAD

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    selperfuge said:
    got injured. they played it safe w/ his hamstring recovery, which was smart, but that means he didn't see enough pitches to get back into his groove...

Yeah pretty much, and just needs to find his groove. Jimmy's the heart and soul of our team so it's really important that he find that groove.

• yeah, jroll and the bats are a tough puzzle to decipher. wheres ryan howards bat? they have all gone through some serious dry spells this year. one of the biggest surprises of the season is that Chooch is one of the most consistent reliable bats in the lineup. hes been clicking every postseason too.
    anyway, they got the top shelf pitching to get shit done, but the bats gotta earn their dough for sure.

that being said, the pitchers were both thorough last night. Doc might have let his frustrations show when he lapsed into giving burrell a meatball and Ross a second one, but overall, he did ok. Lincecum just got outs at the right time, despite getting hit hard here and there.
    gotta give it to him...he is a gamer. the whistles were kind of funny, but some of the signs in the stands showed a real lack of class. and i have pretty high tolerance for philly fan asshole behavior.

anyway, looks like a battle!

im off to the bar to cheer on the phils. SF fall back!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    SF fall back!!

Cody Ross ain't trying to hear you.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah... Tonight was truly a masterful performance by Oswalt.

• mannybolone said:
    tripledouble said:
    SF fall back!!

Cody Ross ain't trying to hear you.

he can keep livin out his napoleon rodeo world series fantasies as long as the rest of the bats are quiet.

for real tho another great game that was closer than the score indicates.
    man if Jimmy had struck out with the bases loaded, i'd almost say that was it for him and his mojo ...but he came up

• selperfuge said:
    two great games are coming up today. going to be crazy.

also:

• haha yung Amber Lamps!

• Cosmo said:
    Hahah... Tonight was truly a masterful performance by Oswalt.

yep. I was thinking Game 1 was pretty even pitching-wise, with a slight Philly advantage. But I actually thought Game 2 favored us; Sanchez, when on, is unfuckwittable. He just wasn't on. Couldn't find his groove, etc. Sad to see them warming up Mota in the 1st. But hey, at least we kinda neutralized Werth, who is a sleeper danger.

anyway my best case scenario was splitting you dudes in your house, which we did. now back to trying to secure a ticket for Thursday's game....

• Wednesday tix copped.

• the guy who's helping out on commentary on tonight's yanks/rangers game sounds exactly like james woods. and this pleases me greatly.

i know it's not him, but i dont want to know the truth.

LET ME HAVE THIS.

ps. cliff lee is a fucking stud.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts

the other dude is terrible.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    Wednesday tix copped.

oh, sorry bro. looks like the giants gonna be losing that one

• vintageinfants said:

ps. cliff lee is a fucking stud.

im not crying about the phils pitching situation, but i miss this guy on the roster

• selperfuge said:

this pic is amazing. little amber lamps is cool. but whats with the dude taking the wood to the grill did he even attempt to block it?

• tripledouble said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Wednesday tix copped.

oh, sorry bro. looks like the giants gonna be losing that one

who you guys starting

• Options
    Damn, who castrated the Yankees?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    Damn, who castrated the Yankees?

A robot not unlike that of the Hoboken Zephyrs / Twilight Zone fame.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I really haven't seen anything this ugly in a long time.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    this pic is amazing. little amber lamps is cool. but whats with the dude taking the wood to the grill did he even attempt to block it?

pic is amazing but it's all about the dude up top smiling all my master plan worked out.

• Options
    Cosmo said:
    I really haven't seen anything this beautiful since 2004.

Cosmo said:

Pure beauty in the eyes of a long suffering Ranger fan...the Rangers had a pathetic 1-9 record against the Yankees in post-season games until this year......this is our year.

• Cosmo said:

If only Girardi had pulled Robertson as fast as he gave the hook to the guy in the Taco Bell commercial...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Cosmo said:

Pure beauty in the eyes of a long suffering Ranger fan...the Rangers had a pathetic 1-9 record against the Yankees in post-season games until this year......this is our year.

Yeah your year to do well in the playoffs, probably even win a pennant I think. But that's it bro #Sorry #KanyeShrug

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    maocontent said:
    Cosmo said:

If only Girardi had pulled Robertson as fast as he gave the hook to the guy in the Taco Bell commercial...

Hahah. Not for nothing, I fucking love that commercial. Shit makes me crack up every time I see it.

• Options
    I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face. I am not rooting for A-Rod to foul a ball off his own face.

Cosmo,

I have no delusion of the Rangers easily winning the World Series...but I do think that Lee/Wilson is as good a match-up for Halladay/Oswalt as there is in MLB.

• No disrespect to the Giants - who are a cool team to root for - but a Philly-Texas WS w/ the potential for two Lee-Halladay match-ups would be all kinds of incredible.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oh dude I'm not saying Texas isn't hard as nails... They're killing it. But it's not your year for the series, if for anything it will be for lack of postseason experience. None of this is going to be a cakewalk, for any of the 4 teams as we all have seen. But this shit is incredible, and the idea of a Philly / Texas Series is on some facemelt shit, word Mao. Halliday VS Lee -> Matchup for the ages no question.

• Options
    maocontent said:
    No disrespect to the Giants - who are a cool team to root for - but a Philly-Texas WS w/ the potential for two Lee-Halladay match-ups would be all kinds of incredible.

There are even scenarios where you could have THREE such matchups.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Cosmo said:

ban