Roy Halladay

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
i mean i know he is amazing but jesus he is about to throw a no-hitter. second of the year. first game of the NLDS.

as a Yankee fan i must say if we make the World Series against Philly we don't stand a chance ;)

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Lookin good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• unityunity 179 Posts
    WOW. I didn't see any of this game but... wow. That is nuts. How many have been thrown this year (let's include Galaraga in this one, 'caus I'm a Tigers fan)?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah man I was on a bus down to DC listening to the whole thing on my iPhone MLB At Bat app and it was going strong... Until it crapped out on me at the last out! Grrrrrr!

But for real that shit is crazy. I really hope this year I can put all that "one year wonder" talk all my Yankee fan friends were popping in 2009

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah man I was on a bus down to DC listening to the whole thing on my iPhone MLB At Bat app and it was going strong... Until it crapped out on me at the last out! Grrrrrr!

But for real that shit is crazy. I really hope this year I can put all that "one year wonder" talk all my Yankee fan friends were popping in 2009

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The Rangers are ready to match up with the Phillies in the WS.

They manhandled David Price today.

This is our year.

• Rockadelic said:

This is our year.

I agree and it is about time for us die hard fans. That would be a great series. "It's TIme"- said in Vlad's accent.

• please refer to my halladay jock riding in the MLB thread.

dude is a stud. period.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

This is our year.

Yeah, forget about Cowboys vs Eagles, Rock... we'll do Rangers vs Phillies. That's IF the Rangers get there. Cliff Lee vs Halladay game one... that schitt would be legendary. Halladay is a ROBOT. He can't lose, it's not in his post season programming :hard_as_fuck:

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    um , you guys failed to mention that this is his first playoff game he's ever pitched! He's been waiing a while for this. think he's ready.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It's been feeling a lot like 2008 out this motherfucker hahah... Doc been poised for a minute too, yeah Phill. Cliff Lee is a murderer but watching Halliday is truly watching perfection. Plus as a lifelong Phillies fan, watching our first ever dynasty in action is truly one of the most pleasurable things in my life. Texas is bad as shit but if it ends up being the match up I don't believe they have our number.

• watching that 27th put was torture. i can not stress how hard that play ruiz made would be to make. first playoff game, a bad contact bunt hung up against an obstruction (bat), with your ace sitting on a no-no........

he probably made the play from his knees because his legs gave out. heart rate at 900bpm

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    tomasl said:
    um , you guys failed to mention that this is his first playoff game he's ever pitched! He's been waiing a while for this. think he's ready.

It's just such an unbelievably good sports story. Talk about rising to the occasion. Can't quite explain it and I didn't even catch the end of the game, but I haven't felt this happy for an athlete in a long time.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    uh...go Reds???!

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    It's a shame to waste this century's only post-season no-hitter on the divisional series.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This crack down on roids in MLB has made shit soo boring. No hitters are even special any more.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    RAJ said:
    No hitters are even special any more.

Josh Hamilton

His numbers this year were ridiculous.

Batted .406 after June 1st.

• RAJ said:
    This crack down on roids in MLB has made shit soo boring. No hitters are even special any more.

I greatly prefer roid-less baseball.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Can we also show some love to Ruiz for that last out? Dude was scrambling, fell on his knees, had to throw AROUND the runner and still makes the out.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah man Chooch is clutch. People sleep about how much the catcher plays a role in a pitchers performance. But dude is a beast... Man, my whole squad is crazy nice!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    RAJ said:

I greatly prefer roid-less baseball.

Me too. What's so exciting about dudes hitting a home run every couple at bats?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Euroman knows not of your base-ball.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    RAJ said:

^^^Prefers arena football to the NFL.

• Halladay's No-Hitter vs. Lincecum's NLDS debut

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=15505484&vkey=news_mlb&ymd=20101008

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/08/keeping-score-was-lincecums-gem-more-brilliant-than-halladays/

Old news? Maybe. Been just reminiscing about Lincecum's game, which I attended. Surely the highlight of the season for me. When dude took off his jacket and it became clear that Bochy was gonna let him complete the game, the crowd went nuts in that stadium. You don't get that on TV; you can't buy that; you can't fake that. A memory I'll prolly always treasure.