waxidermy

magpiemagpie 160 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
anyone else having problems logging in???

Comments

• It's down and has been down since early last night. It was getting hit with someone spamming goatse in every thread when I last saw it.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    General Error
    SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Access denied for user 'hcrink'@'localhost' (using password: NO) [1045]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

• Yeah, some troll pretending to be MLJ (at least I hope he's pretending) was spamming the board, but also seemed to have access to it's inner workings as he was posting in a locked thread.

• ok, thought it might be on my end...

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    It died yesterday afternoon sometime. This is the absolute end of MLJ for me. Even if it's not actually him, it's someone acting in concert with him or with his support. Ultimate in troll.

• Glockose mentions that Veronica ripped him off and the board goes down...hmmm...maybe the Psych Mafia is REAL after all!?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    JRoot said:
    It died yesterday afternoon sometime. This is the absolute end of MLJ for me. Even if it's not actually him, it's someone acting in concert with him or with his support. Ultimate in troll.

This is a very misguided theory. MLJ may be annoying and obnoxious but there is no way he has anything to do with that troll or any of the others who have tried to disparage his name with overly-obvious aliases.

Like someone said earlier, it was someone with the ability to lock and post in locked threads and that is a pretty short list.

The lunatics have been trying to run the asylum there for a while now.....and that's why I left.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    And rIght when I finally got all my pictures prepared and uploaded for a Boutique Digger set sale... Get well soon.

:grin:

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    JRoot said:

This is a very misguided theory. MLJ may be annoying and obnoxious but there is no way he has anything to do with that troll or any of the others who have tried to disparage his name with overly-obvious aliases.

Like someone said earlier, it was someone with the ability to lock and post in locked threads and that is a pretty short list.

The lunatics have been trying to run the asylum there for a while now.....and that's why I left.

Can't locked threads be hacked? I figured they could. I don't see why anyone would bother disparaging dude's name. Dude did a fine job on his own -- got himself banned over there.

Anyway, it's too bad that someone attacked the board and brought it down. The community does not deserve it.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    high_c said:
    And rIght when I finally got all my pictures prepared and uploaded for a Boutique Digger set sale... Get well soon.

:grin:

Pm me, bro.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    JRoot said:

I have nothing to do with any of this bullshit.

That goatse shit is heinous and is not something I would ever employ.

And indulging in paranoid conspiracy theories is more than a little childish.

• hammertime said:
    Glockose mentions that Veronica ripped him off and the board goes down...hmmm...maybe the Psych Mafia is REAL after all!?

Ok lets get a few facts straight

I NEVER named anyone in the thread.

MLJ had NOTHING to do with the sight going down.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    Rockadelic said:
    JRoot said:

I have nothing to do with any of this bullshit.

That goatse shit is heinous and is not something I would ever employ.

And indulging in paranoid conspiracy theories is more than a little childish.

Assuming that "Pelvic Dust" is the same "person" as MLJ, I take you at your word that you had nothing to do with it. Not sure what "paranoid conspiracy theory" you're talking about here, though. Someone using a rif on your username to crash the board doesn't sound particularly paranoid to me. And just because you didn't do it, doesn't mean you don't like that it got done.

Please do what you can to encourage others to stop this b.s. which is being undertaken, at least in part, in your defense or in your name.

Thanks,
    JRoot

• Glockose said:
    I NEVER named anyone in the thread.

fine...fair enough...not sure why the fear and secrecy though.

Glockose said:
    MLJ had NOTHING to do with the sight going down.

how do you know???!

• On one hand, I'm glad to know that I'm not banned.

On the other, it sucks that waxidermy is down.

:(

• JRoot said:
    Rockadelic said:
    JRoot said:

Can't locked threads be hacked? I figured they could. I don't see why anyone would bother disparaging dude's name. Dude did a fine job on his own -- got himself banned over there.

Anyway, it's too bad that someone attacked the board and brought it down. The community does not deserve it.
    I mentioned the "posting to locked threads" thing to a fellow board member and he thought it might just have been Noz trying to quarantine selected posts there as he had done in the past. Unless Crink posts to say otherwise, my guess is that he just pulled the plug on the board to get a chance to escape from the goatse deluge.

• goatboy said:
    I mentioned the "posting to locked threads" thing to a fellow board member and he thought it might just have been Noz trying to quarantine selected posts there as he had done in the past.

Yeah that's definitely what it was...that way he wasn't technically deleting anything, but it all went into one place.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Pardon my ignorance but what is "goatse"??

• Options
    goatboy said:
    Unless Crink posts to say otherwise, my guess is that he just pulled the plug on the board to get a chance to escape from the goatse deluge.

Can someone here please 'splain to me what "goatse" means?

• Rockadelic said:
    I didn't know either but apparently it's a really vile image of a dude opening up his asshole with both hands so that you can see deep into his rectum/colon. The very definition of NSFW. It was also this website that specialized in images like this. My guess is some of this would turn up in a Google search.

• W O W

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatse.cx

• The wedding ring really seals the deal, IMO.

• Options
    goatboy said:
    Rockadelic said:
    I didn't know either but apparently it's a really vile image of a dude opening up his asshole with both hands so that you can see deep into his rectum/colon. The very definition of NSFW.

Yeah but what if you work at a proctologists office (or work for the "Gape That Ass" website?) Wouldn't that image then be the very definition of SFW?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I guess I, uhh, missed some stuff yesterday?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    hcrink said:

I'll give you $5 if you fix your website.

b/w

Anyone ever see that FWD FWD image of the dude with a 40oz bottle shoved halfway up his ass? I really don't miss the developers at my old job.

• hcrink said:
    You really were not part of any of this?!
    I assumed you were the one to pull the plug on the site...
    What's the story?

• Please fix waxidermy
    I work at my computer all day
    and so far this day sucks

from belovedmightyIAMpresence

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    goatboy said:
    What's the story?

Honestly, I wish I knew! I checked in late last night and figured it was some minor issue with our server that would be sorted out by morning. Next thing I know there's talk of a rectal invasion and MoeLarryJesus has 500+ posts on soulstrut!

• I love the unintentional(?) 'goatses' of the world (sometimes I think the art designers work this stuff in on purpose):

I stole all those pics from Regretsy - she has a Goatse thing - lol. I'll never see the Claddaugh ring the same. Sorry to anyone who has one.