elusive classic hiphop samples

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
any one know the loop that comes in at 17 seconds? ive been wondering about that gem for many years.

Comments

• A track from one of the UK's finest exports TD :shit_yeah:

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'd like to take a moment to say your avatar is awesome.

• The_Non said:
    I'd like to take a moment to say your avatar is awesome.

Cheers fella.

I can't take the credit for creating it but like you appreciate its brilliance.

• always wondered this one was:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    any one know the loop that comes in at 17 seconds? ive been wondering about that gem for many years.

The funniest thing is that for the longest time I was trying to to remember who it was that sampled that Zombies record. Thanks for asking Tony!

• awwwwwwww man...nige, good lookinout!!!!
    cosimodo, we on the same wavelength dude

THANKS!!!!! that shit isBUTTTTTTTERRRRRRRRRR

• Anyone know what's used for Large Professor by Main Source please??

• Has anyone ever figured out the source for the MC Lyte Cha Cha Cha bassline?!?

• TheeeCasualMale said:
    Has anyone ever figured out the source for the MC Lyte Cha Cha Cha bassline?!?

This.

Been wanting to know for years what sample they used.

Also,does anyone know the main piano loop for "Be Black" by King Sun?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    spexxx said:
    TheeeCasualMale said:

This.

On the A Fifth of Beethoven album

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    TheeeCasualMale said:

Hi Mike! Check the break at 2:24 if you want to spill your drink..........

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Damn thanks Big Chan, I did indeed spit my drink !

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    kicks79 said:
    Damn thanks BIg Chan, I did indeed spit my drink !

LOL! The homie Jake Uno put me up on that years ago. Soulman put it on one of his mixes a few years back.

• OHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!! Wow thanks Chan! Y'know I thought I remember someone a few years agon on here saying it was The Four Tops but I never knew which record it was from.

• Big_Chan said:
    TheeeCasualMale said:

Hi Mike! Check the break at 2:24 if you want to spill your drink..........

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Anyone know what's used for Large Professor by Main Source please??

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    spexxx said:
    TheeeCasualMale said:

This.

On the A Fifth of Beethoven album

Hey Enki,

Here you go!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    man, HUGE thanks for the zombies song. Have wanted to know that one for years

• Raystar said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    Anyone know what's used for Large Professor by Main Source please??

Thanks..wanted to know this for a long time, wrongly dismissed this LP because of the title track.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    One that just came on the iPhone that made me think of this thread: X-Clan "Verbs Of Power". Never knew what that shit was.

• Cosmo said:
    One that just came on the iPhone that made me think of this thread: X-Clan "Verbs Of Power". Never knew what that shit was.

• The drums and bassline from 3rd Bass's "product of the environment" (lp) version always sounded so good..Never knew what the original was..??

• Always wondered what the pharcyde - drop sample was. I reversed it and took out the drums a while back to see what it sounded it like:

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Ayrotollah77 said:
    The drums and bassline from 3rd Bass's "product of the environment" (lp) version always sounded so good..Never knew what the original was..??

The only sample I could recognize on it was Experience Unlimited's Knock Em' Out Sugar Ray. Anything beyond that is a mystery to me too.

• stratasphere said:
    Ayrotollah77 said:
    The drums and bassline from 3rd Bass's "product of the environment" (lp) version always sounded so good..Never knew what the original was..??

The only sample I could recognize on it was Experience Unlimited's Knock Him Out Sugar Ray. Anything beyond that is a mystery to me too.

Naw,that ain't it...

• fellas.... the main sample you want for the 3rd bass joint ...its on the brown ebony funk rhythm campaign lp on uni.

dont think its upped on youtube.

• The jazz loops Subroc hooked up for the KMD Black Bastards intro.Doom told me a while ago it was from a Benson & Hedges Cigarettes promotional tape you mailed in a coupon to get.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What's the organ sample in this one?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Sunfade said:
    The jazz loops Subroc hooked up for the KMD Black Bastards intro.Doom told me a while ago it was from a Benson & Hedges Cigarettes promotional tape you mailed in a coupon to get.

that's pretty awesome

• Cosmo said:

While we're at it what's the main loop of X-Clan's 'Verbal Milk'? Not the New Birth 'Honey Bee' part.