The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The_Non said:
    How does this foo stay cool and aerodynamic with hair like this?!

:balla:

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:

The Colts. They're still the favorite in their division, but I feel as if their time in the sun is about to show signs of setting.

i am a colts fan, but it is all down hill from here...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:

Cowboys, as they have been for seasons upon seasons, are highly overrated. Yes, they have a great receiving core.

Really? You think so?

• HarveyCanal said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

Cowboys, as they have been for seasons upon seasons, are highly overrated. Yes, they have a great receiving core.

Really? You think so?

As much as I hate the Cowgirls, I can't lie. Their receiving core does look great on paper. You have Miles Austin as your number one after the season he had last year. Roy Williams, although prone to ridicule, can be a threat. That is if he can ever get his hands on the ball long enough to do so. Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd are your solids that can give you that needed first down catch or a small gain. Then you have the tight ends with Witten and Bennett. The only downfall is that the offensive line for the Cowboys is thin at best. So they may have a great core, but they might not get their hands on the ball much if Romo is running for his life half the time.

• cookbook said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

The Colts. They're still the favorite in their division, but I feel as if their time in the sun is about to show signs of setting.

It's not downhill just yet. Peyton, barring injury of a severe nature, still has a lot of good years in him to lead your team to the playoffs and possibly another Super Bowl. You should start to worry about who is going to be the next in line after Peyton. After seeing Painter during the preseason, there is much to be concerned about. That offensive line better keep Peyton upright for the rest of his career, or else it will be all downhill from there.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

Really? You think so?

As much as I hate the Cowgirls, I can't lie. Their receiving core does look great on paper. You have Miles Austin as your number one after the season he had last year. Roy Williams, although prone to ridicule, can be a threat. That is if he can ever get his hands on the ball long enough to do so. Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd are your solids that can give you that needed first down catch or a small gain. Then you have the tight ends with Witten and Bennett. The only downfall is that the offensive line for the Cowboys is thin at best. So they may have a great core, but they might not get their hands on the ball much if Romo is running for his life half the time.

Or if he proves incapable of handling the snaps from center...lol.

I don't expect Austin to repeat his performance from last year. Roy is a walking joke by now, and that comes from a Texas alumn. Dez will be great one day but not today. Crayton is a non-factor. And Hurd, while better than adverstised, will rarely see the ball. Witten is of course good but is Romo's boyfriend, so that makes him gay. And Bennett is an Aggie and thus is a dunce for life.

Off the top of my head, I'd say that each of the Packers, Colts, Saints, Bengals, Texans, Vikings, Patriots, Giants, Jets, Eagles, Steelers, 49ers, and by season's end the Bears have beter receiving corps than the Cowboys.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    cookbook said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

It's not downhill just yet. Peyton, barring injury of a severe nature, still has a lot of good years in him to lead your team to the playoffs and possibly another Super Bowl. You should start to worry about who is going to be the next in line after Peyton. After seeing Painter during the preseason, there is much to be concerned about. That offensive line better keep Peyton upright for the rest of his career, or else it will be all downhill from there.

with the random injuries, and mismatched recievers, i am worried even in this season. Painter is garbage, and always has been, but he MUST have some dirt on Peyton that keeps him around. i worry for the day Peyton gets injured and Painter has to step up... I would rather have Addai in the QB spot.

• Options
    cookbook said:
    Painter is garbage, and always has been, but he MUST have some dirt on Peyton that keeps him around. i worry for the day Peyton gets injured and Painter has to step up... I would rather have Addai in the QB spot.

Way to know your own team. Painter was drafted in 2009. This will be his second season.

You're confusing him with Jim Sorgi, who was the backup to Manning for years and is now with the Giants, backing up the other Manning.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    We only allowed 1 td in the pre-season and Flacco for 290 in the no huddle. I think we might go undefeated.

• I Had Sex With The Lyn Christopher Record said:

Congrats to Saints fans for 2009... in 2010 they do NOT make the playoffs

This is some retarded ass shit for you to write and I notice no one has yet to analyze the Saints. All I read is "too hard to repeat" and "Madden curse" or "Brees is gonna get hurt".

Do you want to lose some more of your hard-earned cash to me on some Saints shit, Jo-Jo Dancer? Guarantee we make the playoffs.

• PelvicDust said:

You're confusing him with Jim Sorgi, who was the backup to Manning for years and is now with the Giants, backing up the other Manning.

Sorgi is now out for the season with an injury. Coughlin said there was a lack of leadership on the team, that's fucking rich coach. The Giants are going to be done before the season starts.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The only hope I have as a Cowboy fan is that Philly, NYG and the Haynesworths are even worse than we are.

• HarveyCanal said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

Really? You think so?

Or if he proves incapable of handling the snaps from center...lol.

I don't expect Austin to repeat his performance from last year. Roy is a walking joke by now, and that comes from a Texas alumn. Dez will be great one day but not today. Crayton is a non-factor. And Hurd, while better than adverstised, will rarely see the ball. Witten is of course good but is Romo's boyfriend, so that makes him gay. And Bennett is an Aggie and thus is a dunce for life.

Off the top of my head, I'd say that each of the Packers, Colts, Saints, Bengals, Texans, Vikings, Patriots, Giants, Jets, Eagles, Steelers, 49ers, and by season's end the Bears have beter receiving corps than the Cowboys.

I don't think Austin will repeat his performance from last year, but I do think he will maintain a great deal of effectiveness. I think that Dez has too much pressure on him. Wearing Michael Irvin's number is going to bring about unnecessary comparision throughout this season and maybe even the rest of his career. I don't want to say that Crayton is a non-factor, but he doesn't make even more of a factor in a game. A first down catch here. A 15-yard catch there. But in the grand scheme of a game, he doesn't get much touches. That whole Witten and Romo being lovers thing has haunted the Cowboys ever since T.O. started talking about Witten and Romo going into each others rooms and staying up rehearsing plays and so on.

• DrWu said:
    We only allowed 1 td in the pre-season and Flacco for 290 in the no huddle. I think we might go undefeated.

I don't know about undefeated, but I'm thankful my Skins don't have to play them during the season. The Ravens are my choice to make it to the Super Bowl, but I still hold some regard for the Colts and possibly even the Jets. As much as people have been saying that the Chargers will eventually make it, I don't see it. Anytime soon, anyway.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Matt Leinart
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

The_Non said:
    Matt Leinart
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Plenty of time for this now:

Disgrace to the sport. Cardinals fans do have hope in a young QB named Max Hall.

• no great surprise that Leinart was cut really.....like Raj said, Max Hall looks more then adequate to back up DA.

I got 50 euro on the Ravens at 14/1 to win it all this season, secondary looks dodgy though. They need Reed back asap.

Hopefully TJ finds a team, have him in my fantasy team....Redskins anyone?

• the cards continue to bring the lulz.

i can't wait to sweep them this season.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Matt Leinart to come up to Seattle, reuniting with his college coach? May as well. Ain't nothing happening with the sleepwalks...

• dukeofdelridge said:
    Matt Leinart to come up to Seattle, reuniting with his college coach? May as well. Ain't nothing happening with the sleepwalks...

I would've thought that Leinart going to the Giants would've been beneficial for him. Working alongside a quarterback like Eli Manning, who although still fairly young, has led his team to a Super Bowl victory and many playoff berths. But maybe him going to Seattle might be the thing he needs. Meeting his college coach. It might reinvigorate him and bring back the passion he had when he was at USC. Or at least that can be wishful thinking.

• Risingson said:
    no great surprise that Leinart was cut really.....like Raj said, Max Hall looks more then adequate to back up DA.

I got 50 euro on the Ravens at 14/1 to win it all this season, secondary looks dodgy though. They need Reed back asap.

Hopefully TJ finds a team, have him in my fantasy team....Redskins anyone?

I could see TJ coming to Washington and us letting go of Galloway. There's a reason why he didn't last long in New England. He's fast, but not as durable as he was in years past.

• Revis gets his payday so. Not quite Nnamdi money but 4 years $46 mil.....nice

• Randy Moss is feeling unwanted. Randy, please, please, please come to the Giants.

TJ Whosyourmama going to the Ravens is big.

Only 30 hours until the start of the season.

Fresh off the wire:

Justin Bieber walks away from car wreck.

• MY THOUGHTS ON THE UPCOMING 2010 NFL SEASON

AFC

PATRIOTS - They'll still win a good amount of games, but their days of dominance are clearly over. May or may not even make the playoffs.
    JETS - I didn't think so before the season started, but I'm seeing the signs of epic fail written all over this season. I love Rex Ryan's swag, but he takes that schitt TOO far. You better be a clearly superior team to talk the kind of schitt that Rex talks, and I don't think you have any teams in the NFL that are that dominant anymore.
    RAVENS - I don't think their D is gonna be at the level that it's been in past years... the offense better be as improved as it looks on paper.
    STEELERS - Peter King picking them to win it all??? Wow. I don't see how it's possible. Polamalu back is big, but not THAT damn big. Too much going against them, and too much comp in the AFC will keep them at home this postseason.
    BENGALS - I don't see a lot of people talking about them, even with the addition of T.O. This is my pick to win the AFC this season... their D is better than Baltimore's right now. It's all about Carson Palmer, though... I've always thought he was overrated, but if he plays well they're going to the dance. Can't wait for their wars against the Ravens.
    BROWNS - I expect big improvement... can't see how they're gonna challenge in that division, but I think they're gonna surprise some people this season.
    COLTS - It should be time for the Colts to decline... but I honestly can't picture that. They should be BETTER this year, with a healthy Bob Sanders and all those new no-name receivers being a year older and wiser. Joseph Addai is a seriously underrated RB, too. Unless Peyton the Great gets injured, they're still the team to beat.
    TEXANS - This HAS to be the year that they at least get to the playoffs, right? They've got to finally start beating the Colts, though... I think what happens in week one is gonna tell you everything you need to know about whether Houston is ready to take the next step.
    TITANS - This is my sleeper team in the AFC. On paper, they're number three in this division. But I just think there's something about Vince Young that goes beyond what's on paper and can propel this team further. Put that with CJ in backfield, a young, hungry D and one of the best coaches in the league, and I think the Titans can be real good. The AFC South is gonna be crazy this year.
    RAIDERS - Everybody's talkin' about Oakland being better this year... yeah, but really not very much better. Jason Campbell is a huge upgrade at QB? Really? I'll believe it when I see it.
    CHARGERS - Not feelin' their elbows. They're ripe to be taken in the AFC West if any of the other teams are ready to overthrow them from the throne... but I don't think they are. Not yet. I think the kid who's replacing LT is the real deal, though. I do believe Philip Rivers will win a championship some day, but not with the 2010 Chargers.
    CHIEFS - I'm watching this team closely this year, and I expect a lot of improvement. They've got a lot of exciting young skill position players, and with all the high draft picks on defense you've got to think that the talent is there. You've got proven winners in the front office and the coaching staff. A lot of their success is gonna depend on Matt Cassel, who I'm honestly not sold on. But if he does prove to be at least a good game manager, the Chiefs are gonna be a lot better in the next few years.
    BRONCOS - Huuuuuuuge FAIL... I'm seeing last place in the west. I'm seeing Tebow as the starting quarterback by late in the season. I'm seeing McDaniels possibly getting canned by the end of the season. Denver's looking real trainwreckish to me.

• NFC

COWBOYS - The lack of an O-line is gonna be their downfall... Romo with no protection is a recipe for disaster, despite all the talent on this team. Playoffs, sure... but no Super Bowl. Jerry Jones will commit murder on someone in the organization when their season is over, or possibly just melt like the Wicked Witch of the West... either way it won't be pretty.
    EAGLES - No surprise but I'm liking the look of my baby Birds. I see some flaws too, and there are like a zillion unknowns going into the season. But I think they're going to be good. Yeah, it's wishful thinking but I'm starting to believe. If they can keep the NFL's latest messiah Aaron Rogers from throwing for 900 yards and 8 TDs on them today, I think it'll be a good sign of what's to come this year.
    REDSKINS - I was hopeful about the Skins because I want to see McNabb do well, but they look like a mess. Donovan is not gonna make it through the season with that bad ankle and even worse offensive line.
    GIANTS - Another team the pro football pundits expect to be better this year. Why? The Giants are mediocre at best, trust me.
    VIKINGS - Obviously, their future is FAIL. Grandpa Favre not dragging his sorry ass to training camp and Coach Chillydress allowing this schitt is gonna bite them... Favre has no timing with his receivers at all. And of course Favre is gonna break down... although the media seems to believe that this man is some sort of gray bearded deity coming down from Mt. Olympus to bless us mortals with his presence, he's just a human like the rest of us. And an old human at that. The Vikings may not even make the playoffs.
    PACKERS - Although I'm getting sick of the love that GB is getting from the prognosticators, Aaron Rogers is absolutely on another level right now. I definitely think they're beatable (that secondary is gonna be their achilles), but you gotta look at the Packers as one of the favorites in the NFC.
    LIONS - Along with the Chiefs, this is one of my new favorite teams to watch. They've got a potentially powerful young nucleus in Stafford, Suh, Johnson and Best, and they added a lot of other good pieces throughout their roster, too. Probably not ready to challenge just yet, but their day is coming.
    BEARS - When disaster strikes.
    SAINTS - Although deep down I do expect them to fall off this year (just because that's what Super Bowl participants usually do), it'll probably only happen due to injuries and I don't want to wish that upon anybody, so I gotta evaluate them based on what I see right now. And the Saints look maybe even stronger than last year. Darren Sharper's on PUP though, right? That could be a problem (although it's getting close to time for him to go somewhere and lay down anyway).
    FALCONS - I'm picking them to bounce back and win the NFC South with a healthy Matt Ryan and Michael Turner.
    49ERS - My sleeper team in the NFC.. well, most people seem to think they'll own the west, but I think they can actually shock the world and win it all. I still believe great defense beats great offense in big games, and the 49ers are on their way to having a championship level defense built around Patrick Willis, who for my money is the best linebacker in the league. Alex Smith is going to be greatly improved this year, mark my words... not huge stats, but he's gonna make the plays when they need to be made. Put that with an all pro quality RB (Gore) and all pro quality TE (Davis), and the 49ers could be serious this season.

That's it... any teams I didn't mention honestly don't need to be mentioned. :shitty: And I don't really want to pick who's gonna be in the Super Bowl because who the hell really knows, but just for fun I'll say if it's not my Eagles then lets go with the 49ers vs. the Bengals for their third ever SB matchup. Why not? Have a great NFL 2010 everybody!

Thanks Phill,

I'm about to fire up NFL Red Zone in t-minus 1 hour / 10 minutes.

Let the Games Begin!

• Let the Games Begin!

• Options

PATRIOTS - They'll still win a good amount of games, but their days of dominance are clearly over. May or may not even make the playoffs.
    BENGALS - I don't see a lot of people talking about them, even with the addition of T.O. This is my pick to win the AFC this season... their D is better than Baltimore's right now. It's all about Carson Palmer, though... I've always thought he was overrated, but if he plays well they're going to the dance. Can't wait for their wars against the Ravens.

Is it too early for a reassessment?

• I Had Sex With The Lyn Christopher Record said:

Is it too early for a reassessment?

Absolutely too early... only the first week and this game's not even over yet (31-17 New England going into the 4th). Gotta admit the Pats are looking :game_over: so far (dag, where's the "hard as f---" graemlin???)