Bands whose entire catalog you'd like to see wiped from the planet

Comments

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    Oh and Brian Adams

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I'm waiting for someone to dis the Ramones on the grounds that all their shit sounds the same.

On the broader topic of hatting, there are certainly a few bands and performers whose music I could happily live the rest of my life without ever hearing again, but I don't dislike them so much that I'd want to prevent anyone else from hearing them.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

On the broader topic of hatting, there are certainly a few bands and performers whose music I could happily live the rest of my life without ever hearing again, but I don't dislike them so much that I'd want to prevent anyone else from hearing them.

Will you knit me some mittens while you're at it, grandma?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Hey skel, the Ramones suck...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    They do, but in a GOAT way.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Billy Joel, if he counts as a band.

Major cosign

I recently sat through the VH1 Classic top ten of an artist show on Billy Joel. I just wanted to really see what he was all about. It was like watching a train wreck or maybe like walking into the aftermath of a carpet bombing attack. There were bodies everywhere. The dude is horrible in some many ways. Bad retro 50s pop, bad piano ballads, horrible white man overbite dancing, that fucking nose. I'd love to see him (and his collective works) struck by high explosives.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    DrWu said:
    Horseleech said:

Major cosign

I recently sat through the VH1 Classic top ten of an artist show on Billy Joel. I just wanted to really see what he was all about. It was like watching a train wreck or maybe like walking into the aftermath of a carpet bombing attack. There were bodies everywhere. The dude is horrible in some many ways. Bad retro 50s pop, bad piano ballads, horrible white man overbite dancing, that fucking nose. I'd love to see him (and his collective works) struck by high explosives.

staxwax said:
    QueenNew Kids On The Block

buggin

batmon said:
    staxwax said:
    New Kids On The Block

buggin

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Okem said:

that is some funny shit
    having a go at the canned lip sync by fake playing the wrong instruments
    i must ride, but i am old

I FUCKING HATE the LITTLE RIVER BAND
    no redeeming quality
    none

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    DrWu said:
    Horseleech said:

Major cosign

that's what i'm talking about
    i saw the little river band open for billy joel
    sucking suckfest
    billy joel comes close to a pass for utpown girl & we didn't start the fire
    but
    he's just biting on stuff done better by others

billy joel & lrb, no redemption

also
    ace of base
    culture club

• hermes1hermes1 109 Posts
    Grafwritah said:
    MULATU ASTATKE. Please wipe him from the face of the planet.

Troll.

coffinjoe said:
    culture club

Boy George can sing. Take away all the costumes and dude's Blue Eyed Soul is legit.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    coffinjoe said:
    DrWu said:
    Horseleech said:

Major cosign

that's what i'm talking about
    i saw the little river band open for billy joel
    sucking suckfest
    billy joel comes close to a pass for utpown girl & we didn't start the fire
    but
    he's just biting on stuff done better by others

billy joel & lrb, no redemption

also
    ace of base
    culture club

Agreed, but i'd have to give him a pass for the Hassles '4 o'clock In The Morning'.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Breez said:
    I can't believe how many people are crying over the Beach Boys, all their shit sounds the same. Also, some of yall need to just play nice and stop acting like this thread is so beneath you, GET OVER YOURSELVES!

Ya playin ya'self.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    The Counting Crows.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    oh! I just thought of a few others I absolutely fucking hate and would like to have eradicated - believe it or not you can still walk into a store and hear this shit on a bad day.

ERASURE

SPANDAU BALLET

WET WET WET

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I get the sense that there is a selection of people in this thread who should have just said "anything not containing or sampling breaks" and left it at that.

HarveyCanal said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Will you knit me some mittens while you're at it, grandma?

I grew out of the notion that what you hatt defines you as much as what you love years ago. Your mileage may vary. Luckily for me, most of the shit I have a serious aversion to doesn't appear on my radar often enough to be a major issue. In other words, life's too short.

I'll tell you what, though - seeing some of the most widely-held preconceptions about certain acts regurgitated all over this thread does rather suggest that received wisdom and contrarianism often go hand-in-hand.

• To counteract this horrible thread I sat down this morning and enjoyed Yellow Brick Road from beginning to end in 5.1 sacd and it was glorious. How arrogant is it to think about wiping out the soundtrack to someone else life. Remember many of your favourite private press oddity's are actually just shit, at least Aqua fans have the decency not to tell you.

^^^
    THIS

on Goodbye Yellow Brick Road being a thing of wonder, too.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    this thread just lets you know the true music taste of some of the most arrogant people on hear. It's actually one of the most informative threads. Internet tough guys have awful taste in music.

• Grafwritah said:
    MULATU ASTATKE. Please wipe him from the face of the planet.

??????

edit. oh its a joke sorry i'm a bit thick.

bryan adams, ryan adams and bruce springsteen can all get tae fuck. line em up 1 bullet three heads.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    fryer_motherfunk said:
    How arrogant is it to think about wiping out the soundtrack to someone else life.

Word. HOW DARE YOU CONCEPTUALIZE HYPOTHETICALLY DEPRIVING THE WORLD OF CREED, YOU ARROGANT MUSIC NAZI FUCK?!

fryer_motherfunk said:
    How arrogant is it to think about wiping out the soundtrack to someone else life.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Ulysses31nicholas said:

bryan adams, ryan adams and bruce springsteen can all get tae fuck.

No.
    You need to do so some homework.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF TEH LIFE SOUNDTRACKS

The dude with the Under Armour kufi and Puerto Rican flag necklace is a muslim terrorist (white people are dumb-r) Band.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Pearl Jam can suck it.

amen. one of the corniest groups evar.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    street_muzik said:
    There are already more bad looks on this thread than a mob of blind people wearing fanny packs.