Bands whose entire catalog you'd like to see wiped from the planet

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    faux_rillz said:
    Any and all representatives of the white rock n'roll piano man genre

Plaese to leave Joe Jackson and Dr. John out of that mess.
    and lee michaels.

look... i was doing laundry last night, and stepped to a bar next door while waiting for my clothes to dry. they were playing squeeze and i wondered to myself why any self respecting person, that wasnt some soccer mom in 1989, would listen to squeeze. i hate them. i want their records 'fed to the shredder.'

i'm sorry i started a forum for abounding bad looks, but that will not make me step down. squeeze sucks!

When I was a kid my next door neighbor friend had an older brother who was an authentic Squeeze fan. He even had a poster. My friend and I would be in his brother's room listening to his Bill Cosby and Richard Pryor albums, looking up at that poster like wtf?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Okem said:
    I REST MY CASE

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    holmes said:
    The Doors = 4th rate poetry over a 3rd rate rock band. I have tried & can't get down.

I'm with you here but Morrison Hotel is a good listen.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    staxwax said:
    Queen

really? a band with the greatest rock singer evar? A band that could jump from metal to a ragtime ditty in a blink of an eye and do each genre perfectly...dude, if only every rock band had a 1/40 of the talent these guys had. I am now going to stop reading this thread...because there is some crazy shit being spoken here. I suppose you must hate rock music if you poo poo Queen...insanity.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    This thread is ridiculous. But not surprising.

• I'll take the shots from this one, but I would love to see the Rolling Stones get wiped out by a large nuke, except I would be willing to give them one final song to sing before they were annihilated- Paint It Black just because I loved the late 80's show "Tour of Duty".

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I can't believe how many people are crying over the Beach Boys, all their shit sounds the same. Also, some of yall need to just play nice and stop acting like this thread is so beneath you, GET OVER YOURSELVES!

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Here's my top 3

REO Speedwagon
    Air Supply
    Bread

• imamuslim said:
    Steely Dan....

BAN!!!

seriously though, they are one of my favourite groups ever but i have met many people who HATE steely dan.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I will add:

Dave Mathews Band
    Hootie & The Blowfish
    Celine Dion

If any of their songs never existed, I doubt anyone would notice.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    imamuslim said:
    Steely Dan....

BAN!!!

seriously though, they are one of my favourite groups ever but i have met many people who HATE steely dan.

I totally agree!! I've had to defend my choice of liking them MANY times.

• Hands down, Dave Matthews should be sunk! Completely agree DJBombJack!

On another note, any and all hip hop that sounds like Soulja Boy, Ice Cream Paint Job etc. that never plays again would make my ears be forever grateful.

• you diss queen, you diss yourself.

• The Eagles.

cosine on some modern acts mentions such as dave matthews band (the most souless vapid music i've ever heard in my life), maroon 5 etc.

i feel like there's some more i wanna list but im unable to conjure anything at the moment.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Dear soulstrut,

Sorry

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    PHISH

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    steely dan are the shit - yall cant see em. btw i didnt even know you were allowed to listen to music like that.
    oh and to the queen apologists. you are of the male amour persuasion, without a doubt. queen fans are geeks.. other than adding that beach boys have tunes and jerry lee lewis was a badass im cosining the thread.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    MULATU ASTATKE. Please wipe him from the face of the planet.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    PHISH

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    Dear soulstrut,

Sorry

The floodgates hath been opened

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    So Steely Dan fans arent geeks but Queen fans are?

Every band mentioned has at least one joint I like.

I cant think of any group that has zero joints and i'd want to erase from existence.

But carry on anyways....hatting is fun.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    batmon said:

Please to poast your favorite Nickelback, Creed, and Phish joints.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:

Please to poast your favorite Nickelback, Creed, and Phish joints.

Who are they?

:get_on_my_level:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    There are definitely a few bands, the world wouldn't miss. There usually pretty generic, diluted version of an original idea that's already been done better. (like Nickelback)

THEN there is, what I think someone in last months hatteration thread described as, being mature enough in your tastes to discern between the above and stuff that is just 'not for you'.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Anything with Bernard Purdie on drums. Lousy chops.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Most of the groups listed I could take with a grain of salt, but these groups can disappear, please...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrewdriver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Blue

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I'd like to erase from history every band and record that I ever cared about, on the basis that I then wouldn't have to cling to a heap of vinyl and would have had time and money to do something intrinsically more valuable with my life.

That would leave, amongst others, the entire catalogues of Teh Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and Talking Heads, not to mention the whole swathe of CW, Gospel and Rap for the rest of humanity to enjoy.

And LOL at dudes railing against dudes hatting on any individual musical turn. Soulstrut's collective taste in music is, at best, VG-.

Lest you forgot, there was once an appreciation thread for Depeche Mode.

LOLs.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Pearl Jam can suck it.

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    I'm goin with bare naked ladies