Hey You, Get Off My Friggin' Lawn

13»

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Horseleech said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Honestly, this makes no sense to me. This just increases the effective length of the bottleneck.

how so? if people start merging where the sign is posted "left lane closed half mile ahead" then one (moving) lane is formed...if people choose to ignore the sign and decide to jump in a few yards from the closed lane then folks have to stop to let the backed up cars in and the cars waiting to be let in have to stop and get backed up...cars having to stop vs. cars not having to stop. I honestly cant see how is doesnt work better than the jump in randomly method.

Wait, are we agreeing? I can't tell.

I dont think so...I think your opinion is that merging early actually causes a bigger bottleneck, while I believe that merging early would prevent said bottleneck

Yeah, we don't agree, but I'll be sure to wave as I blow by in the soon-to-be-closed lane!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Horseleech said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Honestly, this makes no sense to me. This just increases the effective length of the bottleneck.

how so? if people start merging where the sign is posted "left lane closed half mile ahead" then one (moving) lane is formed...if people choose to ignore the sign and decide to jump in a few yards from the closed lane then folks have to stop to let the backed up cars in and the cars waiting to be let in have to stop and get backed up...cars having to stop vs. cars not having to stop. I honestly cant see how is doesnt work better than the jump in randomly method.

I dont think so...I think your opinion is that merging early actually causes a bigger bottleneck, while I believe that merging early would prevent said bottleneck

Yeah, we don't agree, but I'll be sure to wave as I blow by in the soon-to-be-closed lane!

And I will wave as I dont let you in!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    These things on the sidewalk:

Slow the fuck down! I am sorry you can't walk, but the world is not your highway.

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    An old man on one of those scooter things (I think they're referred to as 'rascals') tried to grab my girlfriend's ass as he sped by. She sidestepped him and shouted after him, "I don't think so, buddy!" He never looked back.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Horseleech said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Horseleech said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

RLMAO.....

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Horseleech said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Horseleech said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

How many fingers in that wave?.....

People in perfectly powerful cars merging onto a clear motorway at 60kph and then taking 5 minutes to get upto max speed of 130kph.

People who think that all elementary rules such as staying in lane no longer apply the second you're on a roundabout

Drivers in the south of France who mistake roundabouts for car parks.

• Options
    Almond said:
    Stop licking your finger before you turn the page! Did you wash your finger first? Do you not believe in hand lotion? You're going to give us all Swine Flu if you keep spitting on and licking shit.

I deal with cash money all day long and when some geezer starts licking his digits to help flip through the green I get a mad case of the creeps! I truly hope that this finger licking/money flipping thing dies out completely when that generation of old-schoolers expire!

That and people constantly spitting (on the sidewalk, by the edge of the gutter, everywhere! What the fuck is wrong with these people?!)

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Straight up nasty to be licking the green like that. If most dolla billz contain traces of cocaine, then I can't imagine how many dead bacteria exist in my wallet.

My mom licks her finger before she turns the page, every page. Sickening. I'm so glad that spitting your way through the newspaper isn't something passed on genetically.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Almond said:
    Straight up nasty to be licking the green like that. If most dolla billz contain traces of cocaine, then I can't imagine how many dead bacteria exist in my wallet.

Cash is most likely the most filthy, germ-ridden thing in your house by a wide margin. If you put it under a black light, it'd probably look like a glowing monolith.