Hey You, Get Off My Friggin' Lawn

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    StoneHands said:

uhh... what was so douchy about that exactly? that was like the most helpful L&M guy in history. id be glad if i were u

yeah i guess the issue is that you couldnt have been on the call, this isnt like a huge L&M its one of 3 stores here and its the smallest one, so small you should know everything that is being sold, so small that you cant even by needles or talk to anyone about anything as they redirect all your questions to the much larger Halifax store...if you could have heard the smartass condescending tone when he asked me if i had a tape measure...

in the end i believe some simple math figured out the height of said item, this guy just came off like an idiot...i did buy my amp there from this dude who was super cool, to bad he was on vacation when i called yesterday...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    To the science community.....We have so many things in our world that scientists should be working on....cure for cancer.....new energy sources....etc., etc. So why the hell are you spending time trying to prove that Lou Gerhig didn't die from Lou Gerhig's disease and even more important...WHO THE HELL IS PAYING YOU TO DO THIS!

To the mother who posted photos of her baby online with a bong. Don't you know that this will stunt your kids growth and never allow it to acheive the 40 IQ that you possess.

To Rod Blagojevich....shut your mouth and go home to reflect on how damn lucky you are. One more word out of your mouth and the powers that be will see that you accidently drown in a backyard swimming accident.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    To the science community.....We have so many things in our world that scientists should be working on....cure for cancer.....new energy sources....etc., etc. So why the hell are you spending time trying to prove that Lou Gerhig didn't die from Lou Gerhig's disease and even more important...WHO THE HELL IS PAYING YOU TO DO THIS!

The article that was published didn't even mention Gerhig, it was merely mentioned to the press who ran with it. The study actually has a big impact on ALS studies, since it show brain trauma causes similar symptoms, which are often misdiagnosed as ALS. Read up on your read ups old man.

• DJ_Enki said:
    hermes1 said:
    Every time I ride the train there is some fucknuts who is blasting music from his shitty phone. The music is shit, the speakers are shit; the worst part is that person will always have this smug look on their face like they are gracing the world with musical manna from heaven.

Those people fucking suck. And they have terrible, terrible taste in music.

What's worse is when they're in groups. I remember I was taking the train from class to work and the car I was in was moderately peaceful. There was conversation going on and people listening to their iPods, but nothing that would be distracting if you were reading a book. Or in my case, lesson plans that I made for my 3rd Grade class. The next thing I know a swarm of high schoolers come in with one of the kids playing gogo through their cell phone. They proceeded to "beat their feet" and sing along. Needless to say, I was praying that they'd get to their stop before I did.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    CousinLarry said:
    Rockadelic said:

The article that was published didn't even mention Gerhig, it was merely mentioned to the press who ran with it. The study actually has a big impact on ALS studies, since it show brain trauma causes similar symptoms, which are often misdiagnosed as ALS. Read up on your read ups old man.

I'll never forget the young girl who said to me "That's unbelieveable that Lou Gerhig died of Lou Gerhig's disease. What are the odds of that happening!".

Who knew.

• Hey you with the CD player or iPod on full blast. TURN IT DOWN! You can turn it up as loud as you want at home, but that would be in private. You are now in public, and your private is ruining my public. And who asked you to rap along with the music?! If the song is as terrible as you make it sound, then there's no need for accompaniment from you.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    Hey idiot didn't you see that bright ass sign that said "Left lane closed ahead"? NO I will not let your dumb ass over in front of me after you rode in the left lane until you were sitting right in front of that bright ass " Left lane closed sign". You saw the sign a mile back just like I did.

According to the detailed book on traffic flow I read years ago, the best and most efficient way to keep traffic moving is to to do exactly this. People who cut into the open lane at random times before the final fold in actually slow traffic down.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Have trash? Put it in the trash can.
    Owe someone money? Pay it back.
    Someone have something that you want? Don't steal it.
    Self-conscious about your appearance? Don't make comments about how others look.
    Speak not on what you fucking know not.
    Have a problem with what someone is doing? Grow a fucking pair and speak to them directly about it. (yeah, I know. Shut up.) Anything short of reporting a murder to the police does not require the passive aggressive anonymous avenger shit.

I really hate human nature sometimes.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    sweatshop said:
    Hey idiot didn't you see that bright ass sign that said "Left lane closed ahead"? NO I will not let your dumb ass over in front of me after you rode in the left lane until you were sitting right in front of that bright ass " Left lane closed sign". You saw the sign a mile back just like I did.

According to the detailed book on traffic flow I read years ago, the best and most efficient way to keep traffic moving is to to do exactly this. People who cut into the open lane at random times before the final fold in actually slow traffic down.

I disagree from my experience traffic is slowing down because people are stopping to let the last minute pass everyone up moron(s) over...I am just saying though.

Electrode said:
    Have trash? Put it in the trash can.
    Owe someone money? Pay it back.
    Someone have something that you want? Don't steal it.
    Self-conscious about your appearance? Don't make comments about how others look.
    Speak not on what you fucking know not.
    Have a problem with what someone is doing? Grow a fucking pair and speak to them directly about it. (yeah, I know. Shut up.) Anything short of reporting a murder to the police does not require the passive aggressive anonymous avenger shit.

I really hate human nature sometimes.

Damn those are some good ones...I just told a co-worker about that "self conscious about your appearance...". I just told a older female co-worker the same thing..

• Horseleech said:
    sweatshop said:

yep. ever since reading about this phenomenon i always cut in at the end, pea-brained simpleton in the other lane be damned.

we should be learning from ants, not complaining b/c someone makes us get to our destination 2-4 seconds later than we anticipated.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Dudes crying about the sexy GF they have that is out their league...grow a pair and work on your confidence!!
    Co-workers with only a High School diploma that hate on those with BS,BA,MBA...you wonder why you can't move ahead!!
    Stop with the "That record isn't worth that amount or geez why people pay crazy amounts for that record"? It's called "spend or buy what ever the hell they want!!!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    skel said:
    You people walking along, dragging some half-arsed excuse for a wheeled man-bag behind you with a three yard handle and the turning circle of a fucking super tanker....you crash into my legs or harsh my footwear mellow just once more and I'll kick your sorry arse all around the city. Man up and pick the damned thing up.

:grin:

beyond belief. The fact that every single one of them walks in an entirely random pattern through the streets as well doesn't help matters.

B/w Real men don't get the earth to help carry their luggage.

willie_fugal said:
    Horseleech said:
    sweatshop said:

yep. ever since reading about this phenomenon i always cut in at the end, pea-brained simpleton in the other lane be damned.

we should be learning from ants, not complaining b/c someone makes us get to our destination 2-4 seconds later than we anticipated.

get your ass over once you see the sign because I aint letting you over???shit is like cutting in line you don???t want to get over when you see the sign so you can get to were you are going faster???but talk about people that don???t want to be late..fuck outta here

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    willie_fugal said:
    Horseleech said:
    sweatshop said:

get your ass over once you see the sign because I aint letting you over...shit is like cutting in line you don't want to get over when you see the sign so you can get to were you are going faster...but talk about people that don't want to be late..fuck outta here

HAHAHA! "Studies show it's better for everyone if I cut you all. No, really." GTFOOHWTBS

DB_Cooper said:
    sweatshop said:
    willie_fugal said:
    Horseleech said:
    sweatshop said:

get your ass over once you see the sign because I aint letting you over...shit is like cutting in line you don't want to get over when you see the sign so you can get to were you are going faster...but talk about people that don't want to be late..fuck outta here

HAHAHA! "Studies show it's better for everyone if I cut you all. No, really." GTFOOHWTBS

I know right...... Please direct me to this article / book detailing this phenomenon...enlighten my pea brain...in all honesty where can I read up on this all bullshitting aside?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    sweatshop said:
    willie_fugal said:
    Horseleech said:
    sweatshop said:

I know right...... Please direct me to this article / book detailing this phenomenon...enlighten my pea brain...in all honesty where can I read up on this all bullshitting aside?

yes I wanna see this article/book as well...that makes no sense at all...you are saying that a clusterfuck of cars from multiple lanes will get into one lane quicker if they are given less of an opportunity distance wise than one line of cars with ample distance to do so? with this logic, traffic would flow more easily if roads just randomly went from many lanes and down to one lane at random intervals.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Stop licking your finger before you turn the page! Did you wash your finger first? Do you not believe in hand lotion? You're going to give us all Swine Flu if you keep spitting on and licking shit.

Stop touching my meticulously organized shit in the bathroom that I spend an hour rearranging every week. Can't you tell I have a problem? No, it's not okay to test my lipstick colors on the back of your hand that you probably licked first.

hey work..STOP sending me text messages about some shit you think I should have done differently on my DAY OFF. I do not care about work on my DAY OFF. Your text messages make me think about work, this puts me in a shitty mood. I dont want to be in a shitty mood on my DAY OFF. Wait until I come back to work to talk to me about work shit. If I aint on the clock, I dont give A FUCK about work. Really. I DONT CARE.

DB_Cooper said:
    sweatshop said:
    willie_fugal said:
    Horseleech said:
    sweatshop said:

This is as clear an explanation as I can find:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Eu2L6WMzh4QJ:blogcritics.org/scitech/article/heavy-traffic-the-great-merge-debate/+traffic+flow+lane+merge+two+lanes+into+one&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Frankly, it seems obvious to me - how is having people cut in at random points at random times going to be more efficient? Likewise, how is having a ton of cars in one lane, and no cars in another lane going to make things move faster?

DB_Cooper said:
    sweatshop said:
    willie_fugal said:
    Horseleech said:
    sweatshop said:

This is as clear an explanation as I can find:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Eu2L6WMzh4QJ:blogcritics.org/scitech/article/heavy-traffic-the-great-merge-debate/+traffic+flow+lane+merge+two+lanes+into+one&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Frankly, it seems obvious to me - how is having people cut in at random points at random times going to be more efficient? Likewise, how is having a ton of cars in one lane, and no cars in another lane going to make things move faster?

I read that article and can see what the author is saying. However I would think that this works better when it comes to letting people merge onto the highway via entrance ramps.. I think in a perfect situation whereas there are several cars in each lane and everyone is all lovie dovie and letting people merge in front of them this would work in a "zipper" fashion, but in the real world there are only a few cars in the closing lane and everyone is in the other lane. Until then I say "get that ass over in the open lane".

Likewise, how is having a ton of cars in one lane, and no cars in another lane going to make things move faster?
    simple...because if everyone gets in one lane at farther away point from the bottleneck, then the cars are moving, they are still going moving as they merge...when folks try to jump in at random points, cars have to stop to let people in. Moving cars versus non moving cars.

The_Hook_Up said:

Likewise, how is having a ton of cars in one lane, and no cars in another lane going to make things move faster?
    simple...because if everyone gets in one lane at farther away point from the bottleneck, then the cars are moving, they are still going moving as they merge...when folks try to jump in at random points, cars have to stop to let people in. Moving cars versus non moving cars.

Honestly, this makes no sense to me. This just increases the effective length of the bottleneck.

Honestly, this makes no sense to me. This just increases the effective length of the bottleneck.

how so? if people start merging where the sign is posted "left lane closed half mile ahead" then one (moving) lane is formed...if people choose to ignore the sign and decide to jump in a few yards from the closed lane then folks have to stop to let the backed up cars in and the cars waiting to be let in have to stop and get backed up...cars having to stop vs. cars not having to stop. I honestly cant see how is doesnt work better than the jump in randomly method.

• DB_Cooper said:
    sweatshop said:
    willie_fugal said:
    Horseleech said:
    sweatshop said:

lol.

it's in this book by Tom Vanderbilt, which i recommend to anyone fascinated by traffic. you can read a bunch of it on google here: http://books.google.com/books?id=_5KJG2rD8rEC&lpg=PA3&ots=1H3JBJMm5P&dq=Why I Became a Late Merger (and Why You Should Too)&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f;=false

i thought there was an article by Vanderbilt that I read online once that distilled the argument about late-merging, but I can't find it now... this is pretty good though:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting/2009/02/my_name_is_joe_and_im_a_late_m.html

and this is a hilarious follow-up:
    http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting/2009/02/early_merger_to_late_merger_i.html

last thing: just to clarify, although i'm a late merger, i don't drive up until the very last second, and then aggressively push my way in. i drive in the ending lane, and as i get close to the end point i look for a gap in the next lane and try to seamlessly merge into that gap w/o causing more stop/go-ness. that gap always appears, and i think finding it and filling in that space benefits everyone in the queue more than me merging super early, even if people in that lane don't realize it...(elitist prick!!)

• 1 more thing! i don't really drive that much at all, and i'm almost never on the highway during peak hours. i probably haven't been in the above situation more than once or twice in 2010.

just want to clarify that i'm not destroying america.

The_Hook_Up said:

how so? if people start merging where the sign is posted "left lane closed half mile ahead" then one (moving) lane is formed...if people choose to ignore the sign and decide to jump in a few yards from the closed lane then folks have to stop to let the backed up cars in and the cars waiting to be let in have to stop and get backed up...cars having to stop vs. cars not having to stop. I honestly cant see how is doesnt work better than the jump in randomly method.

Wait, are we agreeing? I can't tell.

Horseleech said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Wait, are we agreeing? I can't tell.

I dont think so...I think your opinion is that merging early actually causes a bigger bottleneck, while I believe that merging early would prevent said bottleneck

ok more traffic issues that people are usually firm about what camp they are in....

Ok, you are in a 2 or 3 lane highway situation. You are travelling faster than the other lanes, so you are in the far left lane...passing traffic because you are driving faster. Someone comes up on your ass because they want to drive faster than you are, they start flashing their lights and mouthing "fuck you" at you, wanting you to move over so they can pass. So are you now supposed to move over to the slow lane and now have to drive slower than you were because someone came up behind you and wants to drive 5 miles an hour faster than you?

I dont think you should have to move over to the right to let the slightly faster guy pass. Why should I have to lower my speed so you can drive faster? I am already passing all other traffic, so why should I have to slow down to the speed of the other traffic for you? As long I am passing the other traffic, I shouldnt have to succumb to the driver behind me.