What's your ULTIMATE vinyl "WANT" ?? Grail of all Grails.

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited March 2018 in Record Collecting
I can go on for days!!! But, sad to say, I still haven't owned a Stark Reality, ever. >:(
I just refuse to pay that much. Oh, and I'm a broke mutha f**ker,,,,,, that probably plays a big part.

Comments

• on 7" EX condition or better please!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I'm pretty satisfied with what I have.
    Or have had.
    Had 3 or 4 copies of Stark Realty, back when people first started looking. Also it's reissued or you can listen to most (all?) cuts on youtube.

Today I got a small stack of gospel 45s, good stuff, quartets and duets and solos, one soul sounding side.
    Some are Portland groups, but top notch, some are a mic in a church with organ in the back in hand claps right on the mic.
    When unexpected stuff like that shows up, something I have never heard or heard of, that's what makes my day.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Or have had.
    Had 3 or 4 copies of Stark Realty, back when people first started looking. Also it's reissued or you can listen to most (all?) cuts on youtube.

Maybe this thread isn't for you.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Or have had.

Maybe this thread isn't for you.

Haha, yea,,,, dude did kind of bum me out. So, if anyone would like to give me their Stark Reality to cheer me up, my address is.....

• UK Blue Beat 7" EX condition or better please!

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    This one:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    love both those songs pico
    mine is verocai

• thanks mate! one more... just like the one in the vid below please!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The Modern Sound of Bobby Pauneto

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

PM sent

Unfortunate about his passing. RIP Bobby

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

good call

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Fatty Nauty 7" EP on Barclay...French Strutters plaese to holluer

not expensive but elusive as fugg

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    it's not particularly valuable (steady $400 record, pricey but not ZOMG) ...
    it's not especially rare, turns up on eBay a few times a year ...

but damned if I haven't wanted this 45 since I was a teenager, almost 25 years:

also, uber crust want, but a clean OG of the original Johnny Burnette & the Rock and Roll Trio 10" LP on Coral would be filed until the day I die, I wouldn't sell it to pay for life-saving surgery for myself. Maybe for my family, but not for myself.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    it's not particularly valuable (steady $400 record, pricey but not ZOMG) ...
    it's not especially rare, turns up on eBay a few times a year ...

but damned if I haven't wanted this 45 since I was a teenager, almost 25 years:

Greg Cartwright of the Reigning Sound/Oblivians sometimes sits in with us at our DJ nights and he plopped this on the turntable the other night and I was like "you bastard!" A long time want of mine as well...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    my avatar tells you that I could have guessed that haha.

that's pretty sick that he brings out records to spin with you guys, I'm sure he has gemz 4 dayz.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    this is the one record I want that I know that I will probably never see in my lifetime

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    Har-You Percussion Group. Closing in on 10 years of deep want, probably will be at least another 20 before I find one. It's gonna have to bea field find (unlikely in California) or a heavy trade, as I cannot even remotely afford the going rate.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Thanks to Beto (with a timely referral from Musica), my #1 Latin Grail = :holygrail: (Phirpo LP)

In terms of what's still at Grail Status???, East of Underground would have to be at the very top; I can't think of what else comes close in terms of 1) personal desirability, 2) rarity and 3) difficulty to acquire based on cost.

The Betty Chung "Bang Bang" EP would be a Top 3 too.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    Relatively Clean Rivers - It pops up once or twice a year, but I can't afford its going rate.
    Merkin Manor - Ditto.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    U.S. Warren's For A Few Funky Dues More (instrumental soul-blues album from '72 or '73)

• i don;t know if this is an "ultimate want" but i really would like a copy of "solomon king" ost

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    i don;t know if this is an "ultimate want" but i really would like a copy of "geedy dayaan"

U.S. Warren???s For A Few Funky Dues More (instrumental soul-blues album from ???72 or ???73)

i picked up the "hard headed woman" 7" for cheep during the last SS fundraiser. love it. i've never heard the whole album, but it must be quality!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Scorpio & His People 45... but considering both copies are spoken for, that'll never happen!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    There's only two, word?

FortyFivan said:
    Scorpio & His People 45... but considering both copies are spoken for, that'll never happen!

There's 4 "known" copies, aren't there? (Om, DC, Josh, & Ian Wright) Nathan: that's pretty serious company, man!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    ketan said:
    i don;t know if this is an "ultimate want" but i really would like a copy of "geedy dayaan"

U.S. Warren???s For A Few Funky Dues More (instrumental soul-blues album from ???72 or ???73)

i picked up the "hard headed woman" 7" for cheep during the last SS fundraiser. love it. i've never heard the whole album, but it must be quality!

it is, a friend of mine taped it for me

his singles turn up often...

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    musica said:
    FortyFivan said:

There's 4 "known" copies, aren't there? (Om, DC, Josh, & Ian Wright) Nathan: that's pretty serious company, man!

Yeah, I dunno how many actually... the italics were out of frustration ;-)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    NM FRIMPONG

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Freddie Terrell's Soul Expedition.
    Blackout New Sounds 70