Hey You, Get Off My Friggin' Lawn

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
You will all get old and cranky one day.....feel free to prematurely add on.

To the 20 something year old dude in the record store yesterday: Do you really have a lengthy story to tell about every friggin record you pick out of the racks and is your girlfriend really impressed that you know Elvis Costello's real name even though you can't pronounce it worth a damn? Let me know when you go condom shopping, I want to listen in.

To the person at the drive-thru window: If you are ordering meals for all 20 of your co-workers please park and drag your ass inside the building to place your order. If this food is all for you I know why you can't drag your ass anydamnwhere.

To the folks who make the show Whale Wars: So you think that parachuting onto a ship and stopping some Japanese dude from making a living and feeding his family by keeping him from killing a whale is impressive? How about parachuting into Chicago and stopping 20 murders from happening every damn weekend, THAT would impress me.

To the 50 something year old woman who insists on dressing like a teen-ager: The only thing you and Lindsay Lohan have in common is you'll both be dead within 10 years.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

To the folks who make the show Whale Wars: So you think that parachuting onto a ship and stopping some Japanese dude from making a living and feeding his family by keeping him from killing a whale is impressive? How about parachuting into Chicago and stopping 20 murders from happening every damn weekend, THAT would impress me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hey co-worker, when are you gonna trash the 2 year old jar of mustard, ziploc w/ 5 almonds, and the flat soda w/ 1/2 an inch left?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    this reminds me of some shit at my work.....i dont understand why 80% of the people at my work are all extremely overweight and still insist on wearing clothes that dont fit them shit jiggling and falling out all over the place, they show up at work in the afternoon slopping their biggysize this and that all over the place and wait for the friggin elevator to take them up 1 god damn floor....

sumthin else thats gets me is when i see really hot chicks trying to wear heels that they cant sport at all....knobby knee knocking type shit....lol

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    To the 20 something year old dude in the record store yesterday: Do you really have a lengthy story to tell about every friggin record you pick out of the racks and is your girlfriend really impressed that you know Elvis Costello???s real name even though you can???t pronounce it worth a damn? Let me know when you go condom shopping, I want to listen in.

Saw this happen a while back. Some guy is talking loud, verbally annotating every damn album he sees, even going out of his way to retell the legend of Question Mark and how he seriously believes he's from outer space or something. Can't tell whether he was trying to get into the girl's pants or not - there was another guy in the conversation - but his act was getting mighty old.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    When I get on the bus, I will make a beeline for the back if that's where the only empty seats are. Do not stand in my way when I'm trying to do so. Really - there'll be like six or seven people crowded in the middle of the bus with these quizzical facial expressions as if to say, "hey, what can we do?" If you're not going to move to the back yourselves, get the hell out of the way so the rest of us can

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    To anyone under 50 years old rocking a mustache - REALLY? You think that looks good?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

I heard it works. With varying results.

• pickwick33 said:
    To the 20 something year old dude in the record store yesterday: Do you really have a lengthy story to tell about every friggin record you pick out of the racks and is your girlfriend really impressed that you know Elvis Costello???s real name even though you can???t pronounce it worth a damn? Let me know when you go condom shopping, I want to listen in.

Saw this happen a while back. Some guy is talking loud, verbally annotating every damn album he sees, even going out of his way to retell the legend of Question Mark and how he seriously believes he's from outer space or something. Can't tell whether he was trying to get into the girl's pants or not - there was another guy in the conversation - but his act was getting mighty old.

i'll take these dudes over the group of 10 cool kids who are making a point of having their inane conversation near the record section of the store despite the fact that they are blocking the aisles and have no plans to actually look at the records. congratulations on standing near the records. i hear that they are really "in" right now. maybe that girl from the punk show will see you.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    To the teenage grocery baggers:
    Learn how to bag some groceries already. Bag similar items like cold stuff together. I send it all down the conveyor belt together to make it easy for you. And quit squishing my bread.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    To every single goddamn driver in Miami - see the stalk behind your steering wheel, usually on the left-hand side? Hey, if you move it up or down, it triggers a lighting mechanism which is fixed to both the front AND rear of your vehicle. It's rumored that using it BEFORE you make a turn lets other drivers on the road know you're about to slam your brakes on and make a turn.

^^ this and look over your shoulder before you make said turn, this pisses me off more then people not using their signals...

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    attention tightpants saggers: this is not acceptable. Not only can you not walk, with that little shuffle, but you cannot lift you leg over your silly bicycle.

Effective leglength can be halved in these things...walking like a kid with his pants around his ankles. I saw a dude yesterday who was so deep into this style that his waddle was tearing apart the insides of his slip-on Vans, due to the extreme duckfootedness his tightsaggin necessitated.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    You people walking along, dragging some half-arsed excuse for a wheeled man-bag behind you with a three yard handle and the turning circle of a fucking super tanker....you crash into my legs or harsh my footwear mellow just once more and I'll kick your sorry arse all around the city. Man up and pick the damned thing up.

:grin:

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    due to the extreme duckfootedness his tightsaggin necessitated.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    The guy in IT who asks me what I did wrong when my PC goes AWOL. The f@cking idiot who invented the insert and number-block buttons on the key pad and almost evey unnecessary "update" of perfectly good and basic programmes

• hermes1hermes1 109 Posts
    Every time I ride the train there is some fucknuts who is blasting music from his shitty phone. The music is shit, the speakers are shit; the worst part is that person will always have this smug look on their face like they are gracing the world with musical manna from heaven.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    hermes1 said:
    Every time I ride the train there is some fucknuts who is blasting music from his shitty phone. The music is shit, the speakers are shit; the worst part is that person will always have this smug look on their face like they are gracing the world with musical manna from heaven.

Those people fucking suck. And they have terrible, terrible taste in music.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    faux_rillz said:

I can see this guy being the bane of your transplanted New Yorker existence.

to the asshat i just called @ Long and Mcquade:

me: looking at a rack mount for some gear you have a 8 and a 12 space rack, i cant find the height on these can you tell me?

ass: oh really we sell those....huh you have a model number?

me: nope sorry man i dont....but all i really need to know is the height as i wanna pick up tonight, i found it via the search under rackmounts on like the 3rd page....

ass: sorry i cant seem to find it, what was it again....

me: a rackmount, i'll tell you what even though i am at work i am going to walk back to my office and call you back...ok?

ass: sure!

5 minutes later....

me: hey just me calling back i have the models of both rackmounts...IRK-12 and RK-3

ass: oh yeah here we go, oh!......the height isnt listed here sorry we dont have that info...

me wtf i told you that when i called, i figured that if you sold them you could at least tell me the height of said items as i wanna pick up in like 1 hr

ass, yeah i dont have a measuring tape, do you?

me: huh what....

ass: do you have a measuring tape

me: dude i am at work do you think people just randomly carry measuring tapes around with them, um not a construction worker...

ass: yeah we could just take one out of the box and measure it if you did...

me: you know what man, thanks for your time i guess your missing out on a sale, mind you not a huge one, but i did just sink $1000 there a week ago on a new rackmount amp and would love to buy a rack to put it in...have a great night

ass: oh wait we have a...

me: click!

idiot! maybe me expecting people that work at these places to know about the things they sell is my epic phail here...either or the guy was a douche

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    faux_rillz said:

I can see this guy being the bane of your transplanted New Yorker existence.

Rich, what happened to the East of Undergrounds? how much?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some of my old man pet peeves:

1. Hey lady, will you move your ass out of the the middle of the grocery aisle so I can get to the products I want to pick up. Why are you so oblivious to all that is going on around you? If I were a shiesty cat, I'd wack you over the head and vick your purse. Stupid!!!

2. Yo pops, will you please pick a lane to drive in, either left or right? I'd like to pass your slow-driving ass, but you are blocking the entire side of the road. Perhaps, there should be a mandatory "stop driving" age.

3. on the old-chick wearing clothes too young for her post.

4. Meathead, I wish you'd stop grunting loud like you're taking a shit while you're lifting weights. Also, why don't you stop letting the weights "clank" like an idiot? I'm not impressed since you have terrible form, and you'll probably tear a muscle since you're trying to lift too much weight. Oh yeah, and move the fuck out of the way so I can get to the other universal machine to work my triceps. You can't use all of the machines at once. Don't start none, won't be none, muthafucka!

5. Yo man, why don't you look up from texting on your cellphone while you're crossing the street? You're lucky I'm a defensive driver, or I would've hit your dumb ass. What you're texting about isn't that cotdamn important to lose your life over it. Are you crazy? Why do you think grimy cats rob dumb co-eds like you down on College Avenue? Because you're fucking oblivious to your surroundings, thus making your stupid ass an easy mark. You're not in your suburban utopia anymore. Shit can and will happen over in New Brunswick if you're caught slippin'.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    hey lady below me. you cleaned the garbage off your fire escape once already and its already piled up again

FUSK YOU!!!

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Hey chick walking downtown while talking on your cell phone. Get off the damn phone I don't want to hear your loud ass conversation . I don't care what your baby daddy did or didn't do and I don't give a shit that you may have to "cut a bitch".

Hey idiot trying to get on the highway via the entrance ramp. You see that damn sign that says YIELD that means that YOU are to merge into oncoming traffic. It is not a stop sign for people already on the highway....

Hey idiot didn't you see that bright ass sign that said "Left lane closed ahead"? NO I will not let your dumb ass over in front of me after you rode in the left lane until you were sitting right in front of that bright ass " Left lane closed sign". You saw the sign a mile back just like I did.

Hey you damn hipster why do you have to stand in front of the new arrival bin for 1 whole damn hour? If reading that record cover is that serious take that shit to a listening booth and read till your hearts content..either you know the record or you don't...get the hell out of the way.

• dj_cityboy said:
    to the asshat i just called @ Long and Mcquade:

me: looking at a rack mount for some gear you have a 8 and a 12 space rack, i cant find the height on these can you tell me?

ass: oh really we sell those....huh you have a model number?

me: nope sorry man i dont....but all i really need to know is the height as i wanna pick up tonight, i found it via the search under rackmounts on like the 3rd page....

ass: sorry i cant seem to find it, what was it again....

me: a rackmount, i'll tell you what even though i am at work i am going to walk back to my office and call you back...ok?

ass: sure!

5 minutes later....

me: hey just me calling back i have the models of both rackmounts...IRK-12 and RK-3

ass: oh yeah here we go, oh!......the height isnt listed here sorry we dont have that info...

me wtf i told you that when i called, i figured that if you sold them you could at least tell me the height of said items as i wanna pick up in like 1 hr

ass, yeah i dont have a measuring tape, do you?

me: huh what....

ass: do you have a measuring tape

me: dude i am at work do you think people just randomly carry measuring tapes around with them, um not a construction worker...

ass: yeah we could just take one out of the box and measure it if you did...

me: you know what man, thanks for your time i guess your missing out on a sale, mind you not a huge one, but i did just sink $1000 there a week ago on a new rackmount amp and would love to buy a rack to put it in...have a great night

ass: oh wait we have a...

me: click!

idiot! maybe me expecting people that work at these places to know about the things they sell is my epic phail here...either or the guy was a douche

uhh... what was so douchy about that exactly? that was like the most helpful L&M guy in history. id be glad if i were u

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some I forgot to mention on the New Jersey driver tip:

6. Hey grandma (slow driver vernacular; I know, it's awful), in Driver's Ed, I learned that you're supposed to accelerate to the speed of the traffic when attempting to merge onto the highway. How can you or the 20 cars behind your slow-moving ass get on the freeway if we're only going 30 miles per hour? Where did you learn to drive, Sears's Driver's Ed school? :real_headz: (I'm showing my age on this one).

7. Hey dumbass, the left lane on a 4-lane road is designated for PASSING, not driving slow ass hell ad infinatum. Move over to the right lane, so that I can pass your slow-driving ass. I have places to go and things to do, and I'd like to arrive at my destination before the millenium ends.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hey dumbass, the left lane on a 4-lane road is designated for PASSING, not driving slow ass hell ad infinatum. Move over to the right lane, so that I can pass your slow-driving ass. I have places to go and things to do, and I'd like to arrive at my destination before the millenium ends.

Oh man, this bruns my ass daily....

I recently drove 300 kilometres under lights and sirens to a wild fire at an average speed of 220 kph. I must have come up on 100 cars that either refused to move or didn't see me until I was on thier ass flashing and blipping. I seriously don't get it. I was taught from a young age to pass and get the fusk out of the way, I have my bad habits but I know when someone is coming up on me.

• ^^^
    Reads like.........

"A school bus travels from Veldhoven to Roosendaal. There are 4 children in the bus. And each child has 4 backpacks with him. There are 4 dogs sitting in each backpack. And every dog has 4 puppies with her. All these dogs have 4 legs, with 4 toes at each leg.

What is the total number of toes in the bus?"

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    hermes1 said:

Those people fucking suck. And they have terrible, terrible taste in music.

I have a good one for that - make sure you have at least one loud-ass metal track on your phone, so you can sit next to them and start blasting that.

99% of the other cases except for the traffic shit - just tell people to step off in a stern but reasonable manner, usually works.
    Telling people to step-off is the real old man steez.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    billbradley said:
    To the teenage grocery baggers:
    Learn how to bag some groceries already. Bag similar items like cold stuff together. I send it all down the conveyor belt together to make it easy for you. And quit squishing my bread.

I can tell right away if they don't know what they are doing. If this is the case I ask them to step aside and I do it myself. That said, when there is no bagger, able-bodied adults need to step-up and bag that shit. I say this to the 24 year old guy who stands there for 20 minutes watching the 80 year old cashier bags his food. Helping her out won't make your dick fall off you Muppet.