A night at In N Out Burger

124»

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Cosmophonic said:
    white_tea said:

DARK THRONE Chipotle Peppers, Goat Cheese, Fresh Pico de Gallo $10.00

!!!

The Goat's Cheese is a nice touch of authenticity, not too sure about the pico de gallo. I wonder if Fenriz know about this?

Tasting one of those was a life changing experience.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    aguaconsal said:
    day said:
    If we're talking burgers in general, nothing (from my experience) is fucking with Kuma's.

At all.

thread close

srsly.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    day said:
    Cosmophonic said:
    white_tea said:

DARK THRONE Chipotle Peppers, Goat Cheese, Fresh Pico de Gallo $10.00

!!!

The Goat's Cheese is a nice touch of authenticity, not too sure about the pico de gallo. I wonder if Fenriz know about this?

Tasting one of those was a life changing experience.

Hmmm. The cheese though, was it this:

or this:

Only one will channel the force of thunder-gods through your burger.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Mjukis said:
    BTW, I might just have to study that how-to-cook-a-real-burger site. Us euromen have to make our own, no burger spots over here that have it like that.

I guess that depends where you live. Quite a few of my boys have been raving about this, which is rapidly acquiring mythical status amongst meat-eaters south of the river. One of my boys said to me, "It's an interesting approach they have. There's no attempt to be "gourmet": they don't use mega expensive cuts of meat, posh cheese (in fact they use Kraft slices!), Hestonesque cooking processes or anything - the fanciest thing about it is the sourdough buns - but they've studied the cooking process of the best down-home burger joints across America and honed their seasoning and cooking to make an absolutely classic burger."

He added, "It was concealed behind a container truck on an industrial estate. Eventually we had to call the number on the website to be told "you need to look harder - it's more worthwhile if you have to look". It was like tracking down a MEAT RAVE."

http://www.themeatwagon.co.uk

Damn, Thats annoying. I'd heard good things about this place, but not enough to venture to Peckham. Turns out from that link it was down my way yesterday, at a pub I often drink out.

• Horseleech said:
    I had one of these a few weeks ago and you can really tell the difference w/ the Kobe beef:

"The Winslow Burger! 8oz. Kobe beef burger topped with creamy gorgonzola dolce
    and crispy prosciutto on a brioche bun with crispy herb fries
    12.5 "

I could sort of feel a heart attack brewing for a while afterwords, but damn, it was good. The crispy prosciutto was baconesque. Considering the size and the quality, 12.5 was a bargain.

Kobe beef burger for $12.5? riggggggght

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    highscheme said:
    Horseleech said:
    I had one of these a few weeks ago and you can really tell the difference w/ the Kobe beef:

"The Winslow Burger! 8oz. Kobe beef burger topped with creamy gorgonzola dolce
    and crispy prosciutto on a brioche bun with crispy herb fries
    12.5 "

I could sort of feel a heart attack brewing for a while afterwords, but damn, it was good. The crispy prosciutto was baconesque. Considering the size and the quality, 12.5 was a bargain.

Kobe beef burger for $12.5? riggggggght

Kobe burgers are commonly $14 or $15 here in wine country. I could see $12.50 in a less touristy spot.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    KOBE* > Wagyu** (aka poor-man's Kobe)

*Kobe is Wagyu from Kobe, Japan
    ** Wagyu is the breed of cow (when not actually bred in Kobe, does NOT= Kobe)

• edub said:
    KOBE* > Wagyu** (aka poor-man's Kobe)

*Kobe is Wagyu from Kobe, Japan
    ** Wagyu is the breed of cow (when not actually bred in Kobe, does NOT= Kobe)

real heads know the deal

you couldn't even buy a Kobe beef burger anywhere close to that price even in Japan