A night at In N Out Burger

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
I'm driving home from Reno last night. Stop off at an In N Out Burger in Vacaville. There's a family of 4 in front of me.

The first thing they ask is, "Do you have any vegetarian dishes?"

The guy at the cash register looks a little confused and says, "We can make give you a bun with just the lettuce and tomato."

The family says no. Then asks, "What do you serve?"

The guy explains the 3 forms of burgers they have which is on the menu right above him.

Then they ask for, "A cheeseburger without the cheese." And then they add, "I know that sounds a little odd."

The register guy looks even more confused, and replies, "A cheeseburger without cheese? You mean a hamburger?"

They ended up ordering 4 hamburgers.

I'm standing behind them the whole time shaking my head and trying to stop from bursting out laughing.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    In N Out burgers: overrated or equals the hype?

On G.P., I roll for In N Out burgers but if I was in the mood for a burger, I'm as likely to go there to get one as I am McDonalds.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "BEST" FAST FOOD
    I RIDE
    THE FRIES POLARIZE ALL DISCUSSIONS (HATE IT OR LOVE IT)
    ONIONS ON A DOUBLE DOUBLE, YES PLEASE
    ANIMAL STYLE GETS SOGGY SOMETIMES BUT STILL DELICIOUS
    YOU CAN REQUEST A PACKET OF SPREAD AND MAKE YOUR OWN ANIMAL STYLE FRIES
    BIBLE VERSES AND SECRET MENU
    WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?
    THE HEIRESS IS A SHY PUBLICITY AVOIDING LADY

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Always overrated to me. That doesn't mean they're not good -- they're quite tasty. Light too, which is nice. However, people act as though they're the second coming in food form, and they're not -- at all. They're just good.

If you're going to get this kind of burger, IMO, Fatburger. Done.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I was at Oakland's In-N-Out a couple months ago, and the guy behind the counter turned out to be a writer for Murder Dog.

DJ_Enki said:
    I was at Oakland's In-N-Out a couple months ago, and the guy behind the counter turned out to be a writer for Murder Dog.

Well, that's just one of the best things I've ever heard.

• I'm an AstoBurger dude myself. They have vegetarian too.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    This my spot right here. Oh yes.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    This my spot right here. Oh yes.

i ride

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    If you're talking about fast food In N Out Burger is definitely on the top because they actually cook the food there. If you're talking burger joints, they're still good, but there are plenty that are better.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    ALWAYS OVERRATED.

Fries are nasty.

Burger is ok. But nothing special.

FATBURGER SONS THE SHIT OUT OF IN N' OUT.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    If you???re going to get this kind of burger, IMO, Fatburger. Done.

• yuichi said:
    ALWAYS OVERRATED.

Fries are nasty.

Burger is ok. But nothing special.

FATBURGER SONS THE SHIT OUT OF IN N' OUT.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    In N Out burgers: overrated or equals the hype?

This was hashed to death over at waxidermy recently. It's kind of a tired argument, they have better quality than most fast food burgers, but in the end it's still just a fast food burger. I favor it over most fast food but it's not going to beat anything i can make at home or a good sit-down restaurant burger. Anybody ride for The Counter?

• fatburger is complete and utter bullshit.

they have the nerve to call themselves the last great hamburger stand....

we have a local chain that is about to explode called vera's. their tagline is "you can't beat vera's meat"

• triple post..

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    In California, In N Out sits at the top for "fast food" chains.
    There is no argument here. [/thread]

• DOR said:

this is a really awesome read, and in related news, i am hungry as shit now.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    boner softening style said:
    DOR said:

this is a really awesome read, and in related news, i am hungry as shit now.

Seriously. I debated making burgers for dinner for a half hour after reading that.

• In California, In N Out sits at the top for "fast food" chains.
    There is no argument here. [/thread]

Dammn, that shit looks good. But that be fat people food and I ain't fusking with it.

You never eat burgers and fries?

• crabmongerfunk said:

we have a local chain that is about to explode called vera's. their tagline is "you can't beat vera's meat"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I just though I should bring this to your attention:

A hamburger that uses 2 grilled cheese sandwiches as the bun.

Okay, as you were...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    More of this heavenly invention...

And yeah, In & Out is good, but it is fast food. I will not front, right place and right time* I fuck around and get all White Castle on your ass...

(*usually around 4:45 AM after drinking an excessive amount of alcohol)

willie_fugal said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

And Fat Jack's on Ventura uses "If you can find better meat, beat it!" and Hamburger Habit uses "You Can't Beat Our Meat". Yawn.

King Burger w/ egg and cheese holmes. Fall back.

• mannybolone said:
    You never eat burgers and fries?

Not any more, although I crave often.

But again, I say this even though it's not entirely on subject --- if you're in LA and you're having burgers and fries not from here, you're fucking up. end of story.

Woimsah said:
    But again, I say this even though it's not entirely on subject --- if you're in LA and you're having burgers and fries not from here, you're fucking up. end of story.

Overrated as fuck.

The burger there is marginally better than an In N Out. You go for the ambiance but as far as burgers go, this isn't worth the trip.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    More of this heavenly invention...

And yeah, In & Out is good, but it is fast food. I will not front, right place and right time* I fuck around and get all White Castle on your ass...

(*usually around 4:45 AM after drinking an excessive amount of alcohol)

If memory serves, what happens is that White Castle gets all White Castle on your ass.

OK, no more poop jokes. Back to discussions about how In-N-Out sons the competition.

• isn;t this known as a "frisco melt"?