SoulStrut Dudes: Who Else Sucks Right Now

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Who can't you stand, who is overrated, and who don't you "get"?

What (new) artists should people NOT be listening to or supporting, for whatever reason?

Besides Drake, of course. That's a given.

Honest question.

People should listen to whoever the fck they want to!

This is exactly wrong.

Most of these little dudes need me or you to tell them what to listen to.

• Wocka Flocka

"They call me Flocka, I ain't got no lyrics n*gga."

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Who can't you stand, who is overrated, and who don't you "get"?

What (new) artists should people NOT be listening to or supporting, for whatever reason?

Besides Drake, of course. That's a given.

Honest question.

People should listen to whoever the fck they want to!

This is exactly wrong.

I'd like to hear your recommendations.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Rihanna. I've been commuting a lot and whenever I turn on the radio, that "Rude Boy" song is on. It plays at least once an hour on like 3 different stations.

Gaga. She's still a novelty, but I'm kind Gaga-ed out. Especially by that Bad Romance song. I could tolerate it the first 50 times, but 51 just killed me. There's even a Gaga lipstick at this place called MAC.

Pretty much everyone in that "Bedrock" song: Lil' Wayne, Gudda Gudda, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Tyga, Jae Millz and Lloyd. Okay, maybe not Weezy.

Cosine on the Ke$ha, B.o.B. and Eminem. Why do Eminem's lyrics sound like they were written by an angry 14-year-old boy? Oh, because he dropped out of the 9th grade. This one really annoying guy who my friend is dating and I disapprove of tried to convince me how well Eminem "evokes emotion." Crying infants evoke emotion, too, dumbass. So do hungry cats.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Why do Eminem's lyrics sound like they were written by an angry 14-year-old boy?[/b] Oh, because he dropped out of the 9th grade. This one really annoying guy who my friend is dating and I disapprove of tried to convince me how well Eminem "evokes emotion." Crying infants evoke emotion, too, dumbass. So do hungry cats.

Bold print = My sentiments exactly.

Regular print = HILARIOUS. You, ma'am, are on a roll.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I like the sarcastic, foul, funny, and wrong eminem. Not the eminem that didn't get his juice.

• neensneens 19 Posts

I feel bad for typing the above.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I can't muster up the passion to hate Drake, it's so inoffensive and safe I tend to forget he exists.

I used to be interested in what B.O.B. might do but his album has elevated him to the top of my current hate list.

• Fratton79Fratton79 25 Posts
    most 21st century hip hop

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I like the sarcastic, foul, funny, and wrong eminem. Not the eminem that didn't get his juice.

Funny, maybe. But I don't laugh easy, and I need wit, which he lacks, IMO.
    I must shamefully admit, though, I thought Eminem was SUPER COOL when I was like 12. That squeaky voice was like something off a Saturday morning cartoon. Plus, he said bad words and talked about killing people. The 8th grade boys started bleaching their hair with Clorox and wearing wifebeaters to school in order to look more like the Real Slim Shady.

Then I grew up. I got braces and a better haircut. By the 10th grade I realized I could effectively make fun of Mariah Carey, too, because as a female, I've seen some really witty/insulting things written on the inside of bathroom stalls that men are probably not used to since they use urinals which don't offer the same amount of writing space.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    We do get to use traps from time to time but the stuff on the walls in there makes a mf want to conduct business expediently and avoid contact with all surfaces.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i can't stand that lebron song which combines everyone mentionned in this thread
    ''nuts they go...macadamia...''

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I can't muster up the passion to hate Drake, it's so inoffensive and safe I tend to forget he exists.

I used to be interested in what B.O.B. might do but his album has elevated him to the top of my current hate list.

Drake's very blandness combined with his level of saturation is what makes him so grating; every third song on New York radio involves him.

B.O.B. is perhaps even more deserving of hate, though. Whereas Drake is just a lucky hack, B.O.B. is a genuine talent, who has chosen to make horrible music.

Yeah exactly, despite removing all evidence of the album from my physical and mindgarden space I feel depressed just knowing The Adventures of Bobby Ray exists. I had high hopes for his work based on some of the mixtapes and for that reason alone I hate him in a way that a chancer like Drake could never inspire.

It's worth mentioning as well that, to my knowledge, Drake hasn't really invaded British airwaves yet, His chart friendly space is currently taken up with an ever increasing number of from Grime to Grim UK artists making the modern equivalent of hip house. Whether that's preferable or not is probably debatable.

• gucci mane

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I am underwhelmed by Roc Marciano, ditto for Guilty Simpson (the new stuff anyway), which brings me to the OJ Simpson which is perfect for naptime but not much else and I was never a fan of Minaj.
    Cosign on everything, except for Roc Marciano.
    Guilty Simpson should be prohibited from rapping.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Oh, yeah 99% of what gets played on Hot 97/Power 106 gives me a migraine.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    faux_rillz said:

B.o.B.

x infinity

my ipod died on the 5 coming home from LA this weekend. I was subjected to a couple of this dudes tracks over the course of the 5 hr drive (among countless other terds). dude is really horrible.

faux_rillz said:
    B.O.B. is a genuine talent

please to provide examples?

• $100 to whomever can explain why this is suddenly all over the radio. truly awful:

willie_fugal said:
    $100 to whomever can explain why this is suddenly all over the radio. truly awful:

career shark jumpage.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    neens said:

I feel bad for typing the above.

Cold Pillow was too ill -- Ruck murdered that beat.

I actually quite like this:

Hey Wonderful - Theophilus London from Theophilus London on Vimeo.

OK sorry -- back to the hate.

willie_fugal said:
    $100 to whomever can explain why this is suddenly all over the radio. truly awful:

$100 to the person who can tell me why he's rapping like the kid from Malcolm In The Middle.

• Junior said:
    His chart friendly space is currently taken up with an ever increasing number of from Grime to Grim UK artists making the modern equivalent of hip house. Whether that's preferable or not is probably debatable.

i think we got it pretty good. tincy stryder - pass out and the like. could be so much worse

that fuckin david guetta kelis tune gets on my nerves

my number 1 most hated - la roux. die bitch die!

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    Junior said:
    His chart friendly space is currently taken up with an ever increasing number of from Grime to Grim UK artists making the modern equivalent of hip house. Whether that's preferable or not is probably debatable.

i think we got it pretty good. tincy stryder - pass out and the like. could be so much worse

that fuckin david guetta kelis tune gets on my nerves

my number 1 most hated - la roux. die bitch die!

I thought that the Kelis was a new low even for Guetta. Then I saw this and realised it's all relative.

On the plus side it does actually allow me to nail down the exact moment that I lost all faith in humanity. It's at 0.42 seconds for anyone interested.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Junior said:
    Yeah exactly, despite removing all evidence of the album from my physical and mindgarden space I feel depressed just knowing The Adventures of Bobby Ray exists. I had high hopes for his work based on some of the mixtapes and for that reason alone I hate him in a way that a chancer like Drake could never inspire.

It's worth mentioning as well that, to my knowledge, Drake hasn't really invaded British airwaves yet, His chart friendly space is currently taken up with an ever increasing number of from Grime to Grim UK artists making the modern equivalent of hip house. Whether that's preferable or not is probably debatable.

Yeah, we have plenty of our own dog-awful acts without the need to import them, but that B.o.B. single is all over pop radio like a rash at the moment. I suspect that part of the reason Drake has been unable to gain much traction over here (at least, not without the aid of a big pop crossover hit) is because B.o.B. has managed to get there before him. It's not for lack of effort, though - there's been a TV ad campaign for the Drake album running for a few weeks now. Somewhat tellingly, none of the music in it features any examples of Drake rapping. Which still isn't as bizarre as the TV ad for Jay-Z's Blueprint 3, where you heard Alicia, Rihanna and Mr. Hudson singing the hooks from their respective guest features, but didn't hear any Jay.

Anyway, the UK acts who really Suck Right Now for me are Scouting For Girls, who've actually sucked for a couple of years (imagine Ben Folds Five with severe head trauma), and Florence And The Machine. Florence Welch has the kind of voice that makes me wish I was deaf. She doesn't so much sing as honk; a horrible, braying travesty of a singer. Needless to say, both these acts have sold a few million records.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    My gf likes having the radio on in the morning, and once I heard Chris Moyles taking the piss out of David Guetta - 3 of his latest hits (the one Junior posted above, B.E.P. "I got a feeling", and another track) all use exactly the same piano chords. He was asking his co-presenter to identify the songs, and he'd just play the opening 5 seconds of each, and they were all identical.

Re: Drake. I don't think he'll ever do as well here as in N.America. Don't know why, but in the same way that the public never gets behind actors when they try their hand at 'seriously' becoming musicians, I don't think/hope that he's never taken seriously enough here to get too annoying.
    I keep my fingers crossed anyway.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Duder secretly uses Tinie Tempah - Pass Out to transition between his hip-hop and drum and bass sets.