songs you still love to this day since you were a kid

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
Can't front... one of the all-time feel-good songs. Remember hearing it on daily rotation on BBC Radio 1.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    A bunch of ELO because my cousins in Baltimore who I worshiped listened to them.
    And this:

For a piece he did for Oliver, James wrote about Baker Street and it made me tear up. It defines some aspects of growing up in Montreal to an absolute T.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    double

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    bassie said:

And this:

Same here! It reminds me of sitting on a damp towel in the backseat of Mom's Cutlass while driving home from Mission Manor pool with my stomach rumbling for the peanut butter and jelly that was gonna be quickly made and eaten as soon as we got home.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    When I was in fifth grade, I loved the song Still Not a Player by Big Pun featuring Joe. I sang along and everything, but didn't really know what it was about. Now that I do, I love it even more. Don't know why, just think it's a fun song.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Pretty much everything on Chicago's Greatest Hits (70's album) ... my Mom played that LP on the home system like 3 times a week for 8 years or so. Sure, we can all get down to "25 or 6 to 4" (actually I played my wlp 45 of that out @ the bar a few weeks ago ) but I'm talking about, I will drop everything I am doing in the middle of CVS to sing along with conviction to "Colour My World"

... as time goes on, I realize - just what you mean ... to meeee ...

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

• Options
    Yellow Submarine. Sorry. I know.

• pppppppp 261 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Chillin in the living room with my dad, incense wafting.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    this one and just about evey Blondie hit there was. I probably like Union City Blue even more now than back in the day

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Blondie's catalog has held up really well. Even as a kid I was always a big fan of 'Atomic' and 'Heart Of Glass'

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    My parents had pretty poor taste in music, apart from classics like MJ, Stevie, Stones/Beatles, McCartney, Queen etc.

Some stuff from when I was old enough to make selections for myself. (pre teenage years)

Beat International - Dub Be Good To Me
    Uploaded by R33f. - See the latest featured music videos.

param name="allowFullScreen"
    value="true">

strictly headphones only

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    bassie said:
    And this:

This gets filed under, 'Songs I'd quite happily never hear again'.

• that gerry rafferty tune posted is fantastic! i don;t think i have heard in about 25 years and this is the first time i really listened to it. that sax line is sort of annoying i guess (its the only part of the song i remember from my youth) but this is great song.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I wasn't quite ten years old when I was in the car with my father...WLS (back then THEE big Top 40 station in Chicago) was playing on the radio, and I distinctly remember passing the Museum of Science & Industry when Ram Jam's "Black Betty" came on the air...felt like total anarchy with the blazing guitars and the lyric repetition. Made sure to buy the 45 before the summer was out, and sometime that fall I remember getting their LP.

See, I knew this was their first album, and I wanted to get in on the ground floor of a good thing, in case they became as big as Frampton or something and I could say I had their whole collection. WRONG! They put out one more album (which I also bought) and then faded into the sunset. But I enjoyed that first album immensely and still do; the second one hasn't stood the test too well.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

• Options
    Bob Marley - Jammin'

... Even my sister who was more into punk use to let me and my dad play this on the way to her soccer games.

Oh, and Biggie's - Hypnotized ... That was the anthem I would sing to my little brother and I thought the mermaids in the video were great!!!

• and this.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    baker street is one for me too!

and from a later period of my youth...