The Great Rap Purge

13»

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Every Pete Rock album should really be released as an instrumental project, save for a few good guest appearances that album was not very good, the joint w/ Ghostface, Rae and Prodigy is still pretty good (that beat, damn)

peace,xavier

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    The day I need any of you poptarts to curate my collection is the day I may as well dump it all into a landfill. I'm not going to miss a "Se Acebo" acapella (esp. if I'm keeping the album).

This is the Oliver I want to see more of!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    haze25 said:
    Every Pete Rock album should really be released as an instrumental project, save for a few good guest appearances that album was not very good, the joint w/ Ghostface, Rae and Prodigy is still pretty good (that beat, damn)

peace,xavier

Even as instrumentals, a lot from his solo LPs have been snoozy.

Luckily, I won't get to my "R" section until late winter at this pace. Then I can decide which of Pete's records stay or go. Thes' remix of "Back on the Block" = a keeper w/o question though.

• Pete Rock goes in the R's?

undertheradar said:
    Pete Rock goes in the R's?

Honestly, at this point, I don't even remember. Maybe P?

Either way, I'm not even done with the Bs yet.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    just out of curiosity, what are the going rates for this stuff...is it even worth it ;) ?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:
    just out of curiosity, what are the going rates for this stuff...is it even worth it ;) ?

It's worth it to free up the space, but I don't think listing Abstract Rude 12"s for sale online is a good investment of time.

The problem for me is having little sense of relative worth and what's worth listing vs not. The boy Noz showed me links to a bunch of Binary Star auctions that ended above $50! But that was six months ago; who knows where the market is now. This major label shit will be pennies on the dollar but the indie titles are a less predictable bunch.

faux_rillz said:
    sticky_dojah said:

It's worth it to free up the space, but I don't think listing Abstract Rude 12"s for sale online is a good investment of time.
    You'd be surprised. The Grand Royal 12" mentioned earlier went for 40 in march. That'd bw worth it. My Beatnut singles, not so much.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    deej said:
    eth@n P@dg3tt

Whatever happened to that guy?
    working for the democratic party of georgia

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    man some of yall are buggin. i ride for what harvey is sayin
    preach on

• HarveyCanal said:
    If you have Abstract Rude's Ooh I'mma Getchya 12" on Grand Royal, please to send this way for a kind reward.

I have this 12" white label. hit me with an email if you wanna trade.
    tatelarock@gmail.com